How the others in Group G done this weekend

We win against Spartak and that's 7pts we would need 3 more from the remaining 3 games. Almost there !

We can't take anything for granted but I could definitely see us being able to get 4 points from the next 2 games.

Not getting carried away though.

I believe we’re good enough to get at least 4/6 points against Spartak which will be good enough for qualification imo

We certainly seem to be able to raise our game against a better quality opponent.

The fact that the match is at Ibrox and Timmy will get utterly horsed just prior to kick off makes me think this will be another special night.

We have the beating of them on Thursday, especially if the fans play their part, like they did so magnificently against RV

It's hard to compare domestic form to European games but there is nothing in there to discourage my belief we will have 7 points at 10.00pm on Thursday
You’re totally right however it gives an indication as to how well the team are doing compared to the season before. The domestic season determines if they make it into the competition.

I dislike how more than a few are more or less writing Spartak off, they will be a very good team on the night and they have some really good players,their forward players will also need to be marked tightly,I reckon we will have to play better against them than we did against Rapid to get a result.

I can't wait for Thursday. Back up the CR again and joping for another night like the Rapid game.

Make no mistake, though, guys. There are no easy games in Europa League group stages. This will be another very tough fixture.

Atmosphere at Ibrox for the European games has been excellent, are the UB doing another flag display on Thurs?

The Russians need something from this game, from their perspective they will be thinking a draw at Ibrox and a win at home, and they are right back in it.

Play at the level we have done in Europe and let's end their interest

2-0

spartak will be a very difficult game for us as they have some excellent players, I just hope they don't travel well...

I'll be there. Watching a European tie under the lights at Ibrox with my dad for the first time in my life. He brought me up following the Rangers and I'm now 27. The opportunity has never presented itself until this week.

Cannot wait.

Play up the Glasgow Rangers.

:cool:

Brilliant. Hope you live the occasion & see us win young man :D

Absolutely buzzing for this. Cannot wait to be done with uni on Thursday and head to Ibrox. Already counting down the hours.

Not writing off Spartak by any means. They have quality throughout that side no matter what their form is like. Already seen talk in the papers suggesting them beating us would be an upset. That is laughable.

I actually think Spartak will be harder than we think. Both Vienna and Villareal look in awful form at the moment but Spartak up near the top of the league.

It's not the end of the world if we don't win on Thursday. A draw is ok.

I'll be there. Watching a European tie under the lights at Ibrox with my dad for the first time in my life. He brought me up following the Rangers and I'm now 27. The opportunity has never presented itself until this week.

Cannot wait.

Play up the Glasgow Rangers.

:cool:

Superb.

Why’ve you never been before mate, out of interest?

It will be close, and we will need to be up for the game on Thursday night, but I go with the conviction that we can get all three points, from the game.

Spartak done my coupon today. The good news is they played a full strength first 11 to a team who are close to Ufa in the league.

Its well known that Russian teams dont travel well in Europe even though they seem decent at home. Win on Thursday and I believe we will qualify. Avoid defeat and its still a decent result.

I actually think Spartak will be harder than we think. Both Vienna and Villareal look in awful form at the moment but Spartak up near the top of the league.

It's not the end of the world if we don't win on Thursday. A draw is ok.

Tbf, they’ve only won one of their last 6 games now.

I was looking at that result and wondering the same,if they rested some of their bigger players

They played their best team today.

That sounds quite promising for us then if they are not in the best of form and us having home advantage.
Three points and we will be in a great position.

Superb.

Why’ve you never been before mate, out of interest?

living away from Glasgow, midweek games are generally a logistical nightmare.

Went from school to Uni to teaching job with set holidays effectively meaning it was near enough impossible to be at Ibrox at 10pm on a Thursday night and then back home for 8am on Friday for school/uni/work. It's half term this week though and my dad is also off work. I knew matchday 3 was falling in half term so waited for the draw and fixtures to be set then booked up (hotel/trains) when it was confirmed we were at Ibrox this week.

Back