How this team will be referred to in years to come

I know, I say it in jest of course.

I did mean to edit it but forgot about it, so you’ve brought it back to my attention, thanks.

My personal opinion of this side in years to come.

Legendary. Our support WILL be talking about this side like the old yin’s for about the 60s, this is a side for the ages for us, this is a side that is genuinely going somewhere.
I'm with you mate, and apologies if my last post felt like a dig (I assumed you were jesting!)

I’ve heard a few say they don’t really care if we go undefeated or not.

I do. I really want us to do it, not just because it will shut them up about their invincibles guff, but because it will be an absolutely phenomenal achievement and posit this side as one of the all time greats in the history of the Scottish game.

It would also be a huge testament to the effort, belief and passion the players and management have put into this season.

I'm with you mate, and apologies if my last post felt like a dig (I assumed you were jesting!)
That’s fine mate, I took it as it was intended. Hey, we are all in the same boat tonight!

We should ALLL enjoy these moments together as a fan base. It’s been a long hard slog, a lot of hate and a lot of bile has been thrown our way and we’ve had to deal with some horrible characters but we’ve got a team and a staff we can all be proud of, and we’ve got a team we can (soon) call champions again.

It’s hugely satisfying to be able to say that!

One word “ Legendary “
If they win the league they are a legendry team in the context of our history.
That is a given.

If they stay unbeaten and win the league they are a legendary plus team.

If they go further in Europe as well as the other two, then we may need to challenge the English language to describe them.

If they do the above and were to actually win the UEFA Cup as well, then Danial Defoe will need to be exhumed and given a new task regarding the English dictionary.

I am just saying.

Legends and heroes are easy to use but one word for me describes this team and this club and that is 'Class'! When we look back at how we have went about our business being mocked, sneered at and called bottle merchants, a pandemic used to hand them a title and what did we do? We rolled up our sleeves, learned our lessons, worked hard and from the board to the folk keeping this club going day to day we oozed class. Us winning the league and stopping 10 isn't sickening them it's what they see we have become in 3 years when they had 10 to do it and failed that is killing them. The best thing is we have did this without even thinking about them and treating them like any other team we play and it f*cking kills them. Class pure class
That’s a good one.

In fact, what about The Class of 55?

The current Rangers team will forever enjoy a significant place in the long and storied history of the club, as the team that finally brought Rangers - after a painful decade in the wilderness - back to their accustomed and rightfull place at the forefront of Scottish football.

The Avengers

The season is will be known as the Decennery Wars.

Gerrard got the gauntlet and snapped the mad needs his teeth brightened out of existence.

Did I just watch Infinity War last night? Yes.

Am I a big kid?
Yes.

Get it up you.

I remember hearing Frank McAvennie saying that their players who stopped our 10 in row still do tours etc and dine out on it.

For me this team will always be the team that won 55 rather than the team that stopped the 10.

It's hard to imagine a more meaningful title after everything we have been through the past 10 years.

So they will be remembered as legends.

I’m not sure but I do wonder how often wee rhat face Liam Macleod will refer to us as “the champions” on his BBC commentary next season, my bet is not very often compared to that lot who he appears to cream himself over every time they get a corner.

Don't know about a name for them but I have been watching us since Wallace's second treble season and this is the best footballing team I have seen in Rangers' jerseys.

We have had better players in most positions, we have had some outstanding performances, even whole seasons and some great managers.

I don't think we have ever had a team so consistent, so dominant and so comfortable domestically and at the higher levels of European football in my lifetime. I suspect this may be the best Rangers team I will ever see but I really hope it is actually just the beginning.

55 is so significant in our history, one if not the greatest as it signals our return and what it took to get back to the top so I am going for

55rs The Specials!

or if we dont lose any then

55rs The Undefeated!

Back