How to post photos on new forum?

935_B391_C-431_A-4_DC5-90_FB-4_AAD4262985_B.jpg
[/url][/IMG]
935_B391_C-431_A-4_DC5-90_FB-4_AAD4262985_B.jpg
[/url][/IMG]
a>

go to imgur.com

Upload your photo

Once uploaded hover over the pic, then over the down arrow that appers and click get share links.

Copy the BBCode for forums link

Paste it in here.

It also works with tinypic. Go to tinpic, click on "choose file" then "upload now". Once the photo has uploaded (you may have to input an advertising slogan they prompt you on) then copy and paste from "IMG code for Forums & Message Boards.

@Borna Bear are you selecting and then copying and pasting the text in the box next to the Hotlinks for Forums button (rather than simply clicking on the button)? Assuming you are using postimage.org.

Try tinypic mate, it's simple!

From my galaxy phone..

Open tiny pic
Download pic
Copy and paste message board link
Paste into FF image ulr
Tap insert

Whenever I do it it just leaves IMG and no picture

I am able to embed you tube video however

What's going wrong?

From my galaxy phone..

Open tiny pic
Download pic
Paste into FF image ulr
Tap insert

What's going wrong?

Just copy and paste the hyperlink on tinypic into the comment box where you would type a normal reply. Don't use the "insert image" box on the menu. It should work. I haven't used it on my phone mind, only my laptop, but it should be the same I would think anyway.

Last edited:
From my galaxy phone..

Open tiny pic
Download pic
Paste into FF image ulr
Tap insert

What's going wrong?
Once you have downloaded the pic can you see it on the right hand side on the tinypic site?
If you can then you just press down on the link to the line for message boards and it will go blue ,make sure you have the full line in blue then press copy.
It sounds like you have just not copied the whole line including the brackets(whatever they are called :) ) at either end of the link

Reactions: ao2
Just copy and past the hyperlink on tinypic into the comment box where you would type a normal reply. Don't use the "insert image" box on the menu. It should work. I haven't used it on my phone mind, only my laptop, but it should be the same I would think anyway.
Yeah it is the same

Reactions: ao2
go to imgur.com

Upload your photo

Once uploaded hover over the pic, then over the down arrow that appers and click get share links.

Copy the BBCode for forums link

Paste it in here.
That's the secret. It's finding the direct link. On samsung I had to keep the photo touched to get it.

mBN5GMc
mBN5GMc
<blockquote class="imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="a/mBN5GMc"><a href="//imgur.com/mBN5GMc"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

mBN5GMc
mBN5GMc
<blockquote class="imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="a/mBN5GMc"><a href="//imgur.com/mBN5GMc"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

FFS, folks still struggling to post images. Here it is again:

If you’re looking for a ‘simple’ method that works on PC, tablet and mobile then try this.

Go to https://postimages.org/ and leave it as the default 'do not resize my image' in the first box (though you can select something else if you want it bigger/smaller).

Leave the default ‘no expiration' in the second box.

Click on the 'Choose Image' button to select your image to upload and let the website upload the image.

Once it is uploaded click on the small icon to the right of the ‘hotlink for forums’ row and it will copy the relevant link. Occasionally, clicking on the Hotlink for Forums doesn't work, if that happens simply go to the adjacent box and select the text for the link and then copy and paste it.

Paste your link into the Quick Reply box.

If you want to be 100% sure it's worked then you can then click on the ‘More Options’ button below the Quick Reply box and then preview your post so you can see it’s going to work before you commit your post to the forum.

After a bit of editing with adblocker, and playing about with the zoom size, it looks not too bad on my iMac.

Posting photos seems work OK with Imgur, too ...

aLnxrq1.jpg

P.S. The layout is crap on my iPad. Haven't figured out how to reformat for mobile use yet.

Last edited:
We will be removing the ability to post attachments, so bbcode linking will be the only way possible.
Doc.
Sorry if I'm being a thick kunt.
Where do I get bbcode is it a App I have to download mate or how do I use it any advice helpful mate.
Sorry I'm oldish!!

This method, using postimages.org, still works on the new forum. It's about as simple as it gets.

If you’re looking for a ‘simple’ method that works on PC, tablet and mobile then try this.

1. Go to https://postimages.org/ and leave it as the default 'do not resize my image' in the first box (though you can select something else if you want it bigger/smaller).

2. Leave the default ‘no expiration' in the second box.

3. Click on the 'Choose Image' button to select your image to upload and let the website upload the image.

4. Once it is uploaded click on the small icon to the right of the ‘hotlink for forums’ row and it will copy the relevant link. Occasionally, clicking on the Hotlink for Forums doesn't work, if that happens simply go to the adjacent box and select the text for the link and then copy and paste it.

5. Paste your link into the Quick Reply box.

If you want to be 100% sure it's worked then you can then click on the ‘Preview’ button below the Quick Reply box and then preview your post so you can see it’s going to work before you commit your post to the forum.

Last edited:
Back