How was the watch party vs Antwerp

vinnie

I’d prefer watch along personally, watch party just makes me think of Mars bars :))

Anyone going to let us know what they thought of it last night? Format, connection, interaction?

I had a ticket but kids were still up so didn’t want to join with so much going on. Money to the club regardless.

Would you do another one? Things to improve on next time?

Probably my fault but I thought I was getting in synch commentary from Clive and punditry from JD to go along with BT picture. It wasn't.
The two of them just blethered a minute behind the play.
And yes, I synched and resynched.
Not for me, won't do it again.

I turned it off. It was distracting me from the game and it kept going out of sync. I might watch it back later as it was good getting some insights from pros.

As an interview with Jermaine Defoe it was pretty good. But the syncing didn't work, and it didn't feel like a game was on when they were talking. Not for me.

As with @Commentator above, I was under the impression that the intention was to replace the commentary.

Wasn't thousands upon thousands of people so if you had any questions or points that you wanted to raise then a good chance they would have been picked up on and answered.

As expected Defoe was able to give some insights into the day to day runnings of the club and I caught Clive being rather complimentary of us after the welcome he's had since coming to commentate the games which was nice.

In the end I tuned out after a while because it was a chat rather than commentary and any comments on the game had a 30 second delay. Although it probably isn't easy to organise the time delays between the TV to Clive / Defoe and then from Clive / Defoe back to us.

I'll buy it again for the MyGers points but I won't pretend to be overly impressed.

Probably my fault but I thought I was getting in synch commentary from Clive and punditry from JD to go along with BT picture. It wasn't.
The two of them just blethered a minute behind the play.
And yes, I synched and resynched.
Not for me, won't do it again.
I didn’t do it because I’d never do anything to distract me from the game but my expectation was that what you’ve described was how it was going to be. Bit of a shame that wasn’t the case.

As for the roasters I’ve seen elsewhere who thought they were getting a live stream of the game..:rolleyes:

Would have been ok before or after the game as a Q&A but during the game it wasn’t what I expected.
Done it once but not again

It was okay but as others have said too distracting from the game...Probably would have been better if Clive and Jermaine were doing a commentary type thing during the match.

Nevertheless something different.

I didn’t do it, as I didn’t think it would be a live commentary. I bought the monthly package from BT, and the stream isn’t that good, I will of course buy it again , but it’s not easy watching.

The app asked you to sync with BT from your TV but despite doing that several times during the game, it always seemed to be 30secs behind me, and as I was watching on the BT app on PS4, I was approx 45 secs behind BT live if you were watching via Sky so I was getting twitter alerts and WhatsApp alerts from my mates about goals, then 30secs later seeing the goal, then 30secs later hearing Clive & JD talk about the goal.

I thought it was going to be a replacement commentary but it wasn't. It was more like a 2 hour interview with JD by Clive, with occasional references to the game when there was a chance or incident.

I turned down the TV to just a minimum and listened to them. They were in their own houses and it was like a Zoom/Teams call, with messages scrolling below posted from fans. Every so often someone (Nick from RTV or Greg SLO?) would ask them a question that had been posted in the chat.

Once I got used to the format, I quite liked it but that's mainly cos JD speaks so well about the club and was offering wee nuggets of info of what certain players were like in training or what his thoughts were when we first approached him, or scoring certain goals.

I might do it again but it would need to be either with them again or another player who is as articulate and engaging as JD.

At the start there were nearly 1,000 people on so a decent earner for the club. As this was the first event like this, they can learn what works and what doesn't to improve for future watch parties.

I paid £6 and got the digital programme and 2 MyGers points too. I think it was £4 without the programme and you only got 1 MyGers point.

I think you'd maybe get a better gauge of it on Twitter, I think with some cases it's not for a more traditional audience. You get watch alongs that are quite prominent with boxing, UFC, wrestling, eSports etc
There is a lot going on for me but I have used it out with Rangers where you aren't concentrating 100%
Id say to anyone to search a watchalong of a sport they like on YouTube and see if it's insight they think would add to their experience.
The club should keep it going for me, we complained for years about fan interaction and then we complain when they give us...
It's new, it's young, it's already ahead of the curve. Credit to the club being proactive not reactive to technology

I got it for the My Gers points - logged on for about 20 minutes and was too hard to watch and concentrate on the game.

To be honest, it was worth it for the programme alone. Absolutely superb content and really professionally put together.

Really forward thinking idea and easy way to get some extra revenue in to the club.

Winner for me.

I didn’t like it. It distracted me from the game. I turned it low and kept it on in the background. Aside from that though, from what I did hear, Jermaine Defoe was class. The man is top drawer and I enjoyed his insight and obvious respect and passion for our club. The story about his Mum at Ibrox on Old Firm day and the one about investing in himself with the fitness coach in the South of France. Adding 5-6 years to his career and investing in that from a young age.

I got it for the My Gers points - logged on for about 20 minutes and was too hard to watch and concentrate on the game.

To be honest, it was worth it for the programme alone. Absolutely superb content and really professionally put together.

Really forward thinking idea and easy way to get some extra revenue in to the club.

Winner for me.
"too hard to watch'

'winner for me'

:D

I paid for it, but couldn’t get the sync to work at all, so ended up not using it.

Still, don’t grudge giving the club the £6, would have spent that on bus alone if fans had been allowed in.

It’s like going to a speakers night and trying to listen to the speakers and watch a live Rangers game at the same time.

No offence meant to JayDee or Clive they were good at what they were doing but how can any real fan want to miss the game and be on there phone listening and engaging with them during a live big Rangers game.

It’s a no from me good effort and thinking behind it but a terrible project IMO.

I enjoyed it. Listened to the pre-match whilst making dinner before the game, and then dipped in and out as I watched the game.

Had no connection issues, it ran perfectly.

Some interesting comments from Defoe and Clive.

Remember it's a first time, I'm sure the club will look at how to improve it.

Good to see us embracing fan interaction and new technology too.

I'll definitely do it again.

I seem to be in the minority but I really liked it. Thought it was great just listening to JD chat about Rangers for 2 hours. As others have said though it would really hang on how engaging the chosen player is. JD is ideal for it, others not so much maybe.

Technically it worked fine for me, when synced it was about 5 secs behind the TV which is close enough. I think I'd get it again for a big game.

Back