How will they respond as players over the next few months

BlackfordLoyal

Been thinking about this last few days. Currently the core of their team are at home in isolation and as much as you can keep fit you can't imagine the likes of Griffiths, Eduard etc on the treadmill like Ramos.

When they eventually get on the pitch will they be busting a gut to claw back the points or will they have an eye on making sure they don't get an injuries that may hamper any summer potential move for themselves.

Mentally look at how our team after they beat us 2-3 at Ibrox more or less gave up. I'm hoping for a similar attitude from the mhanks.

To be honest, I expect they'll come back quite determined. Even if those players want away, they won't down tools as they'll be in the shop window essentially.

I can see them being fired up and putting together a decent run once they get a full squad back and up to fitness, but it'll be way too late to have any real impact on the bigger picture this season.

To think they went to Dubai to enhance fitness, now they’ll be lacking it
This. This is the bit that I find hilarious.

Any fitness they will have claimed to have gained in Dubai will be instantly lost when they have to sit at home for 10 days. And, for those that are isolating their first game back us likely to be Livi away after a day or so back in training? On that pitch. On cold January evening.

They all lack confidence and the task in front of them is far too great for them to mount a serious run in. I hope to enjoy watching them lurch from one calamity to another

Everyone of them in summer would then be within 6 months of signing a bosman elsewhere.

If they want a decent fee then they’ll need to find a buyer this window
Can’t be right. Many on here adamant Edward will go for £25m or £30m + in the summer

I would assume the players looking for a new contract will play their hearts out. Those whose agents are trying to get them a move will try to avoid injury.
I think the "10" only matters to the Scottish born players.

I expect a reaction, its what you would expect as they will be talking and will feel however unjust that they are against it.
If we keep winning they can do heehaw.
As the saying goes, let others follow...

First game back when out of isolation will be Livi away. They would have struggled normally but after 10days of pies and Xbox they’ll be faked. That’ll set the tone for the rest of the season.

It's well known Christie and Edouard want away, as well as the likes of Ntcham and Ajer. They aren't going to exert themselves knowing the league is gone. I expect more points to be dropped by them

A huge rebuild is on the cards there this Summer and that could include a whole new footballing structure from the top with a DOF coming in and Lawwell leaving.

We have a far more settled team and squad going into next season with the majority of our main assets tied up on long term contracts. We will lose maybe 1 or 2 max and probably only bring in a similar amount.

We need to be wary about what's going on over there though and I would fully expect them to come back strongly next season. They are still able to pay bigger wages than us and pay more in transfer fees, you would suspect a competent football structure over there will ensure a better hit rate on signings than what they have had in recent seasons when they have spent some amount of money on sh*te.

They have a huge amount of work to do but I would never fully write them off after living through the Advocaat Era and seeing us look like we were lightyears ahead of them and then seeing it overturned in one Summer when O'Neill came in to them and overhauled them.

Last edited:
Livi will take points from them at the weekend after that I'd expect the heads to go down and players who want out to push for moves this month.

They've put their under 18's on furlough so that's a clear sign they are not as financially secure as they claim. Deep down I think Lawwell hopes Livi beat them at the weekend just to remove the minuscule chance of winning the league they had, then he can start the fire sale under the guise of building for next season.

Small percentage levels of effort matter massively at top level sport. I have see a few of their fans saying it’s going one of two ways; they come back determined and practically win out or they slowly down tools and slip to a 20-30 point deficit.

I suspect it’s a lot more likely to be the latter. And if it is. I want blood in one of the old firm games left. 3-4-5 off them and scarves tied around the posts and Leigh Griffiths baldy napper.

However much the shit has hit the fan for them, when they play their strongest team, they are better than the rest ( only we have beaten them domestically since 2016 ) so while unlikely, it is not inconceivable that they go on a run. If Covid hits us and the gap closes then the pressure falls right back on us. We are in a wonderful, almost unassailable position but the key word is almost. We have a cup final on Sunday against M’well then Ross Co., then Hibs etc.

Celtic would be as well forgetting this season and blooding youngsters the likes of Eduard , Christie etc will not try a leg. Why get a potential injury when the season is all but done.

Their French clique wont try a leg. If one of their so called bigger players leaves then it could start a domino effect.

To think they went to Dubai to enhance fitness, now they’ll be lacking it
Didn't do them much good on Monday night Johnston who went to the camp was off with cramp around 65 minutes. Turnbull blowing out his hoop again around 60 minutes like he was against us.

A huge rebuild is on the cards there this Summer and that could include a whole new footballing structure from the top with a DOF coming in and Lawwell leaving.

We have a far more settled team and squad going into next season with the majority of our main assets tied up on long term contracts. We will lose maybe 1 or 2 max and probably only bring in a similar amount.

We need to be wary about what's going on over there though and I would fully expect them to come back strongly next season. They are still able to pay bigger wages than us and pay more in transfer fees, you would suspect a competent football structure over there will ensure a better hit rate on signings than what they have had in recent seasons when they have spent some amount of money on sh*te.

They have a huge amount of work to do but I would never fully write them off after living through the Advocaat Era and seeing us look like we were lightyears ahead of them and then seeing it overturned in one Summer when O'Neill came in to them and overhauled them.

I reckon they are a stick on to go the DoF route.

Simply because we have it and its clearly working. That's what they tend to do, react to Rangers.

I'd be surprised at Lawwell leaving in the summer. His run and control over things has been too successful for them to jump at the first hint of a downturn - that said, if we keep this trend going over next season too I can see him wanting to go before his stock drops further.

I do think they'll look at a pretty major overhaul in the summer. They are absolutely reactive to successes on our part. Deila was replaced by Rodgers after we beat them in the Warburton Semi-final. They were happy to cruise along with him, getting mediocre titles under no pressure, but shat it when we looked like we might be about to step up and pass them.

Desmond and PL seem to wait until the shit hits the fan then push the boat out a bit. Lennon has to be done and a squad overhaul is required for sure for them. Difference this time around is that they're not bringing someone in from that same position of strength and comfort.

Edited because I didn't read the question properly, and can't be arsed with a second attempt.

Last edited:
I think I’ll find myself a nice comfy seat and spend the rest of the day worrying about this.

Didn't do them much good on Monday night Johnston who went to the camp was off with cramp around 65 minutes. Turnbull blowing out his hoop again around 60 minutes like he was against us.
The young American lad had cramp before the hour mark. :oops:

I just hope our players don't have any change in mentality. Not many of them have won very much, it's never easy to cross that finishing line.

Been thinking about this last few days. Currently the core of their team are at home in isolation and as much as you can keep fit you can't imagine the likes of Griffiths, Eduard etc on the treadmill like Ramos.

When they eventually get on the pitch will they be busting a gut to claw back the points or will they have an eye on making sure they don't get an injuries that may hamper any summer potential move for themselves.

Mentally look at how our team after they beat us 2-3 at Ibrox more or less gave up. I'm hoping for a similar attitude from the mhanks.
With all due respect OP,I’m more interested in how WE will carry on as we close in on the title.
Complacency is a bit of a worry,as it is natural for this to set in ,in any team in our position.
However I am more confident in our team this year than in the past few years.I think they are much more mentally tuned in and will continue to focus.

If the recent recruitment is anything to go by, we can look forward to more non entities being bummed up by the media. At the very least they need new full backs, new centre backs, a couple of goal keepers and their forward line will need replaced as well.

It will depend upon who is there to respond. As the window draws closer to closing I think there may be some movement for Edouard or Christie. Duffy already looks to be away, which is surprising as, despite the calamitous form, leaves them short at centre half with Julien likely out for the remainder of the season.

As witnessed against us, they need to change the shape to put together a run of games. They don't have the fitness or players to win in that shape consistently against the better sides in the league.

The league will be won before the split IMO.

Just found it strange a youngster getting cramp that early in a game.

I hate that wee prick Johnston.
It’s not Johnston. It’s “Mikey Johnston”. I detest the way commentators usually always say that. His full name must be Declan Mikey-Johnston.

Just for a laugh - imagine the power of Stevie G saw us sign one of them on a pre-contract. Imagine them having a Rangers player in their camp for 6 months running down his contract. Maybe even forced to play.

A modern take on MoJo. A shithousery top-up.

How do they finance a rebuild? They have no money left it’s all done. They are in dire straits

the scum won’t buy season tickets next year no fucking way

Back