How will they respond as players over the next few months

How do they finance a rebuild? They have no money left it’s all done. They are in dire straits

the scum won’t buy season tickets next year no fucking way

This.

We finish the job off this season they are looking at 25,000 ST sales for next season...at best.

Their much lauded cash reserves are long gone and they have a wage bill that would make an EPL side baulk - with no chance of CL access.

Their main assets would only have a year left on their contracts, so wouldn’t attract anything resembling a maximised fee.

They would bite the hand off you right now to break even on Edouard by the time PSG are made right.

Then there is elephant the the room, and the multi-million pound bill that could bring.

They’re on the precipice, and they know it.

If we we fail to get this done I am off to f.uc.king Montana:))

Feels very different this year. The focus in Stevie G's interviews suggest no let up on our side.
I’ll begin to breathe easier if we get through the next couple of games with full points.

January has been the month our challenge has begun to unravel in the previous couple of seasons under Gerrard and there were signs last month that we were beginning to slow down a bit.

Sunday was better, but how much did we benefit from the man advantage?

If we’re sitting on 71 points after the next couple of fixtures I can’t see anyway back for that lot.

Let’s face it, to blow it from this position would be such a monumental collapse as to see last season’s pale by comparison.

How do they finance a rebuild? They have no money left it’s all done. They are in dire straits

We hear this all of the time yet they still outspend us every season.

They'll sell an asset or two to fund the CL shortfall and Desmond will get the chequebook out again no doubt to get a decent manager in.

I have heard from a Liverpool fan and close friend. That news is Christie has informed his agent he wants a move now. This source is connected to a family member of Trent Alexander-Arnold at Liverpool. It seems common knowledge within top championship teams. Stumbling block is Celtics valuation.

Believe or dont, I dont really care just adding to this thread.

They are still going on about Benitez and Tuchel and even mentioned they should have gone for Pochettino B-D

However much the shit has hit the fan for them, when they play their strongest team, they are better than the rest ( only we have beaten them domestically since 2016 ) so while unlikely, it is not inconceivable that they go on a run. If Covid hits us and the gap closes then the pressure falls right back on us. We are in a wonderful, almost unassailable position but the key word is almost. We have a cup final on Sunday against M’well then Ross Co., then Hibs etc.
Livingstone beat them only last season.

They were never going to be able to afford Rodgers and we were laughing at the suggestion back then. Take nothing for granted.

We hear this all of the time yet they still outspend us every season.

They'll sell an asset or two to fund the CL shortfall and Desmond will get the chequebook out again no doubt to get a decent manager in.
They outspent us this season by spending £10m on Ajeti and Barkas, and spending loan fortunes on Duffy, Laxalt and the boy up front whose name I forget. :p

They are still going on about Benitez and Tuchel and even mentioned they should have gone for Pochettino B-D
Thing is, if we win the title this season their TIAR dream turns to dust and everything resets so the idea they’re going to spend massively to bring in the likes of Benitez or Tuchel sounds even more fanciful than it did before.

I also think Lawwell will have one slitty eye on the looming court cases and the distinct possibility of hefty compensation ensuing so it’s going to be difficult persuading a top drawer manager to take the gig when the budget isn’t going to be guaranteed.

More probably I can see them attempting to mimic what we’ve done and opt for a promising up and coming manager overhauling the setup behind him with something more sustainable.

That’d certainly be the sensible route, but then it’s the Yahoos we’re talking about here and sense isn’t a commodity easily attributable to them.

One idiot on Snyde the other night was suggesting Lampard.

Ignoring the fact he is isn’t going to leave Chelsea for the bheasts in a billion years, he is also a Rangers fan.

I'd be surprised at Lawwell leaving in the summer. His run and control over things has been too successful for them to jump at the first hint of a downturn - that said, if we keep this trend going over next season too I can see him wanting to go before his stock drops further.

I do think they'll look at a pretty major overhaul in the summer. They are absolutely reactive to successes on our part. Deila was replaced by Rodgers after we beat them in the Warburton Semi-final. They were happy to cruise along with him, getting mediocre titles under no pressure, but shat it when we looked like we might be about to step up and pass them.

Desmond and PL seem to wait until the shit hits the fan then push the boat out a bit. Lennon has to be done and a squad overhaul is required for sure for them. Difference this time around is that they're not bringing someone in from that same position of strength and comfort.

This is probably the right time to go for Liewell, he can blame covid and lennon for the teams position and also for any deficiencies on the balance sheet. Would get away with that after 2 bad season.

On your point on Rodgers, I was thinking about that today. They got him in too early, that cup game spooked them and they went big when tbh it probably wasn't needed. We were newly promoted the next season and a semi competent manager would have had a good chance of winning the league.

They need a Rodgers now, not what they have.

They outspent us this season by spending £10m on Ajeti and Barkas, and spending loan fortunes on Duffy, Laxalt and the boy up front whose name I forget. :p

That's my point. A competent footballing structure who can outspend us every summer like that won't take long to overtake us again.

Earlier in the season I wondered if their players were a couple of dropped points away from having fisticuffs on the park but that doesn't look the case now; they look as though they don't give a shit. Turnbull was actually smiling in his Hibs post match interview.

Thumbs bubble I'm sure will be a crack den somewhere in Leith his cardio running from the police of which ever single mum he's impregnated wanting payments.

Back