How would we like to see this season end?

How would we like to see this season end?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Greenisland Bear

The consensus now appears that the season should try and be played to a finish.

Do we think there is a realistic chance we can still win if played to a finish?

Very complex situation.

I never believed null and void would happen if I'm being honest.

Would be amazing if we were able to play to a finish when safe and win. Mammoth task but you never know.

Null and void as don’t see us being able to finish the league at this rate, without impacting the start of next season.

Null and Void would be the correct, logical solution.

There is little chance of it happening though.

It won't be safe for football to be played for months yet, even behind closed doors. That League associations would even attempt to finish this season and put lives at risk is just insane. Null and void.

Its a worldwide disaster going on affecting almost every footballing league so i think all governments need to say its all over!! F.uck what all associations and sponsors say its over. Final.

Being selfish from a Rangers perspective obviously null and void is best for us. My 2nd option would probably be that current standings stand.

Voted null and void only as I don’t realistically see any other option. I’d want to finish the season though as I’ve no doubt we’d beat them both matches and win our game in hand. Anything can happen after that

I cant see football being played in front of crowds anytime this year. I think normality is on hold until a vaccine is rolled out.

1. Finish the season, even if it means delaying next season and sacrificing Cup games and international dates.
2. Declare current season incomplete, award European places based on current standings but no trophies awarded.
3. There is no option for awarding trophies without completing the season.

"Null and void" isn't quite the same as number 2.
To be honest, we shouldn't be calling Null and Void just because we know it fùcks Celtic. We can't totally ignore the 30ish games played.

Haven't voted. It should be noted though that 'current standing' doesn't necessarily mean awarding titles or declaring relegation based thereon. You could use it simply to determine prize money and European qualification. Unlikely I know.

Personally, given its my view that we won't be watching professional football for several months yet (October/November - maybe later?) I'd rather this season was ended/terminated/abandoned/null and void (select your weapon of choice). I want a clean break from this 'damned' season rather than looking ahead to playing out the dead embers of a season come November for example. Just want to put this year behind us when this is all over and look forwards, not backwards.

I dont hear behind closed doors mentioned too much. Surely if the chance arrives in the near future for leagues to be completed in any capacity this would be a better option than null and void (title is not mathematically out of reach). Less risk with no crowd. Ofcourse then theres a hassle of people potentially wanting refunds etc but surely that could be figured out.

Null and void, it wouldn't be the same if restarted, to many " what ifs " imo, and playing behind closed doors will be terrible. Hopefully we can start afresh at some stage with 20/21 season.

Null n void is the only option for me. I just don’t see how this season can be completed. Delaying the start of the new season then affects European competition/qualification etc it’s not just domestic football to consider.

Null n void is the only option for me. I just don’t see how this season can be completed. Delaying the start of the new season then affects European competition/qualification etc it’s not just domestic football to consider.
Must also consider players and contracts. season could possibly be decided by players who are new signings completing eight or nine games of an old season or lost because of players who have signed elsewhere and left your team in limbo. cannot be right at any level

Must also consider players and contracts. season could possibly be decided by players who are new signings completing eight or nine games of an old season or lost because of players who have signed elsewhere and left your team in limbo. cannot be right at any level
Add in the fact that some clubs might even be out of business by the time we get back to playing I just don’t see any other option than null and void and current standings for European qualification prize money etc

Call it quits now. Let's concentrate on more important issues. As I've said before If that lot are so desperate for the Title.... let the Fuckers have it.
Most Tainted EVER.

If it was safe to restart next week I’d be all for it.

This isn’t going to change anytime soon so it has to be null & void.

It seems biased as current standings obviously doesn’t suit us but it is completely illogical to award championships that haven’t been won. And I mean that across the board, not just Scotland.

I don’t see the point in rushing things to ‘start next season’

Why have a new season when we haven’t finished the last season? Especially as seasons depend on standings from the previous years (Promotions, Euro qualifications etc).

Resume 2019/20 when it’s safe to do so. If that means waiting till next January, so be it.

Null and void isn't even an option now.

They will attempt to finish the leagues and if that becomes impossible they will end them on current standings.

This was all but confirmed by the UEFA head honcho today when talking about Liverpool.

Base the final standing on home and away results ie. 1st half of the season for me, let us finish our game in hand against St Johnstone but only when it's safe to do so for fans to attend the game, if that's October then so be it

Played to a conclusion, we win our game in hand, pump the mhanky mhob twice with Alfie scoring a hattrick in both games, they panic and lose to both Aberdeen and Motherwell, and we clinch 55 on the final day in the 8th minute of injury time with a hotly disputed penalty that replays show was not only never a foul but that it was outside the box and, worse still, we had handled in the build up.
If things really do even out over the course of a season then this is not a fantasy - this is how it will play out.
"Welcome to the Party!!!"

Two options.

1. finish when safe (also something will need to be done re: contracts)

2. null and void

I don't care if we have to wait until 2025 to finish it and they STILL win the league, it would hurt, as it always done - but at least they would have won it 'on the pitch' but in absolutely no circumstances should anyone be automatically champions or relegated unless it is already mathetmatically set in stone.

The consensus now appears that the season should try and be played to a finish.

Do we think there is a realistic chance we can still win if played to a finish?

Very complex situation.

I never believed null and void would happen if I'm being honest.

Would be amazing if we were able to play to a finish when safe and win. Mammoth task but you never know.
My two answers would be, with Rangers a point clear after 38 games or B, with a game v St johnstone to complete a full home and away round of fixtures and the league decided from there.

Neither are available on the poll.

If it’s possible I would like it to be finished on the pitch to be honest.
I think that would be much better than them being handed a title they didn’t win.
And you just never know.

Finish when safe makes the most sense however that depends how long it's going to take for the players to take to the field again. I think the football body's should make a stance and say if we can't play any games by June then it's nul and void. I'm using June as a realistic example at least in my eyes

Don't think it's going to be practical to finish the season,No one really knows when it will be safe enough to play again especially in front of 40 to 50000 crowds,I think the game needs to take the hit and hopefully start afresh the 20/21 season,Null and void for me.
I know exactly what I would like to see,
Season 19/20 null and void,
Start season 20/21 hopefully on time
Finish this seasons Champions and Europa leagues when it's safe for players and fans to travel later in the year early next year suspend next seasons,
That would allow genuine champions and qualifiers to enter the euro leagues for season 21/22.
It will not happen because money is god in modern football and to many people have too much to lose

Rangers to beat celtic first game back ,play game with st.johnstone win that and celtic fcuk their game with hibs up then game on .lets see if they want to finish season now

I would proudly walk up and put medal rounds those fkn tramps right now if it got rid of this humanitarian crisis..
Sad thing is they would accept it but I can sleep.

Back