How would you "do a Leicester" in the SPFL?

Top quality scouting, data analysis and recruitment would be a good start. There are far better markets than the UK and Ireland which most SPFL clubs rely on.

Top quality scouting, data analysis and recruitment would be a good start. There are far better markets than the UK and Ireland which most SPFL clubs rely on.

Similar to what I read in Football Hackers.

Probably need:

- a 16/18 team league, in order to play old firm for total of 4 times instead of 8. More games against dross where they can rack up goals and wins.
- good recruitment
- charismatic manager to get fans onside and belief back
- good run of fixtures Early in season in order to bank the points, get on top of league early and gain the confidence going into big games (v us and them)
- full stadiums to be rocking when we visit
- look to take 6 points off us and them at home
- need us and mhanky mob to cut each other’s throats in our head to heads.
- need to stay relatively injury free
- plenty of luck.

in short I think it’s impossible as things stand. In a 16/18 team league a 1 in 15/20 year possibility.

Don’t forget Leicester are backed by a billionaire who is committed to them.

Any team that wanted to challenge would need mega money behind them, if only to stave EPL teams from taking their players.

Aye, i always chuckle at the plucky little Leicester comments! It was great what they achieved a few years ago... but given the money they spent, I feel the 'fairytale stuff' is over played. If we had their sort of money, I feel we'd be impacting the latter stages of the Champions League. Rangers would be back as one of Europes elite.

you'd need a once-every-50-years-manager

and there were 2 in the 1980s, mclean and ferguson

on top of everything else

everyone talks about how shit the players are nowadays - and they are

what about the managers?

Meek voting has exposed what we already strongly suspected, other than us and them nobody cares about winning anything, they're happy with the occasional run maybe a victory over one the Old Firm.

3rd place minimum should be expected for a team with a little bit of ambition, but if you were making a team to break the 35-year-Old Firm stranglehold, what would you go for?

on the back of this is it maybe a good thing if some teams go under?

we have less than 10% the population of England and 50% the amount of professional teams. We can’t sustain a competitive league with a handful of farmers sustaining the majority of the competition

on the back of this is it maybe a good thing if some teams go under?

we have less than 10% the population of England and 50% the amount of professional teams. We can’t sustain a competitive league with a handful of farmers sustaining the majority of the competition
There must be a few clubs that will go under.

I expect it will get to atleast 50 years of old firm wins. Fact we got put to the bottom division and no one even came close to stepping up says it all really. That was the golden opportunity for them and within years it's already back to us and them being top 2 easily. Too many clubs settled on simply existing in the top flight and nothing more, hence the plastic pitches and no ambition to get on grass.

I expect it will get to atleast 50 years of old firm wins. Fact we got put to the bottom division and no one even came close to stepping up says it all really. That was the golden opportunity for them and within years it's already back to us and them being top 2 easily. Too many clubs settled on simply existing in the top flight and nothing more, hence the plastic pitches and no ambition to get on grass.

I have a bet, now 10 years old that a team outside of the Old Firm will win the league before Newcastle win a major trophy.

Aberdeen or Hibs are the two clubs with the biggest potential. But it wouldn't be worth it. Just look at the investment put into us in the past two years with no return on the park so far. In England your annual TV money should cover your outgoings for wages. All a team has to do is get 4th and you get Champions League money as extra.

Hearts would have done it if they hadn't fallen out with Burley in my opinion.

Gordon, Pressley, Webster, Neilson, McCann, Skacel, Hartley were quality players, rarely would a club like Hearts have all of them at the same time. They made a total lady's front bottom of it that year.

Meek voting has exposed what we already strongly suspected, other than us and them nobody cares about winning anything, they're happy with the occasional run maybe a victory over one the Old Firm.

3rd place minimum should be expected for a team with a little bit of ambition, but if you were making a team to break the 35-year-Old Firm stranglehold, what would you go for?
Not sack George Burley!

Hearts would have done it if they hadn't fallen out with Burley in my opinion.

Gordon, Pressley, Webster, Neilson, McCann, Skacel, Hartley were quality players, rarely would a club like Hearts have all of them at the same time. They made a total lady's front bottom of it that year.

No doubt in my mind they would have won it that year.

I don’t think it would take that much after what was do e at Killy another Season and little bit more cash could of made big impact.
A good manager and coaching team with some good young boys wanting to prove themselves at little cost.

Back