How Would You Line Up The Current Rangers Team?

der_hammer10

Assuming you takeover at Rangers now and the injury list is as it stands, what would be your line up and formation going into St Mirren? This isn’t a what would/should Gio do thread, just a bit of fun to see what would be possible with the players at our disposal.

——————McGregor—————

———-Goldson——Davies————

Tav—————————————Barisic

—————-Lundstram—————

— Sakala—————————-Matondo-

——————-Tillman————————-

———-Morelos——-Colak————-

Emphasis on resting Kent in a bid to get him back to his best.

Pushing Tav and Barisic back up the pitch and keep them looking forward, and have an outlet with their respective wide player.

Moving the ball forward at pace at every opportunity.

Coach Sakala and Matondo’s ability to track back and help the full back where necessary. One of Kent’s real strengths last season especially in Europe.

Alfie and Colak on the pitch at the same time scoring hunners of goals.

Championship Manager and bored out my mind loyal.

Shagger
Tav
Goldson
Davies
Barasic
Lundstram
Arfield
Kent (right wing)
Tilman (attacking mid)
Matondo (left wing)
Colak

I think trying to get Morelos and Colak in the team against every SPL team apart from the Tims is a must it would then allow Kent/Tillman to play behind the strikers.

Assuming you takeover at Rangers now and the injury list is as it stands, what would be your line up and formation going into St Mirren? This isn’t a what would/should Gio do thread, just a bit of fun to see what would be possible with the players at our disposal.

——————McGregor—————

———-Goldson——Davies————

Tav—————————————Barisic

—————-Lundstram—————

——————-Tillman————————-

———-Morelos——-Colak————-

Pushing Tav and Barisic back up the pitch and keep them looking forward, and have an outlet with their respective wide player.

Coach Sakala and Matondo’s ability to track back and help the full back where necessary. One of Kent’s real strengths last season especially in Europe.

I like this OP

Absolutely no reason for us to not go pretty much all out attack against the SPL Dross and just try blow them away

Many of us have wanted the two of them up top for a while.
We also don't see the need for two DM's in the SPFL, it's plain stupid.

Kent in the Laudrup roll for me, free to roam behind the strikers.

everyone was on form, fit and playing well

McGregor
Tavernier Goldson Helander Barisic
Kamara Lundstram
Roofe Lawrence Kent
Morelos
Apologies, I never read the OP properly!!

McGregor
Tavernier Goldson Davies Yilmaz
Jack Lundstram
Sakala Kent Matondo
Colak​

St Mirren will defend deep and in numbers, so I think we'll go with 1 holding mid.
Although being more of an attacking mid, Arfield has very good defensive discipline and will help our holding midfielder, on the odd occasion St Mirren have attacking possession.

I'd give Kent a breather, before Wednesday.

I also think it's the ideal game to start Yilmaz, to see what he can do.

McGregor

Tavernier
Goldson
Davies
Yilmaz

Lundstram

Sakala
Tillman
Arfield
Matondo

Colak

Old school 442 for me in the league.

McGregor
Tav
Goldson
Davies
Yilmaz
Kent (rw)
Arfield
Lundstram
Matondo (lw)
Alfie
Colak

For the next few games I’d go with;

McGregor, Tav, Goldson, Davies, Yilmaz; Kamara; Lundstram; Sakala, Tillman, Matondo; Colak

On Saturday;

McGregor
Lundstram Kamara
Sakala Tillman Matondo
Čolak
Kamara in there with a view to starting vs. Liverpool. People will say he's bagged it and wants away but he's a better option than Jack or Davis, IMO. Especially when it comes to European football. I would have no problem seeing McCann in a deeper role potentially ahead of Kamara for St. Mirren.

I've no desire right now to see Kent or Morelos. They are miles off it. Matondo looks better left side and Sakala is no more of a worse option on the right hand side than what Arfield, Tillman or Wright would be.

——————McGregor—————

———-Goldson——Davies————

Tav—————————————Barisic

—————-Lundstram—————

——————-Tillman————————-

———-Morelos——-Colak————-

Mcgregor

Tav
Goldson
Davies
Borna

Arfield
Jack
Mccann

Kent (free role)

Morelos
Colak

At full strength domestically:

McGregor
Tav Goldson Davies Barisic
Lawrence Lundstram Tillman
Morelos Colak Kent

We played that midfield against Ross County at home and it’s by far the best the midfield has looked all season.

We don’t have a competent right winger at the club and we lack goals in our front line so I’d try sticking Alfie there and encouraging him to come narrow. Similar to the role Roofe performed for much of the 55 season.

I wouldn’t argue against anyone for putting Sakala or Matondo in ahead of Kent. None of them really setting the heather alight this season.

On Saturday;

McGregor
Lundstram Kamara
Sakala Tillman Matondo
Čolak
Kamara in there with a view to starting vs. Liverpool. People will say he's bagged it and wants away but he's a better option than Jack or Davis, IMO. Especially when it comes to European football. I would have no problem seeing McCann in a deeper role potentially ahead of Kamara for St. Mirren.

I've no desire right now to see Kent or Morelos. They are miles off it. Matondo looks better left side and Sakala is no more of a worse option on the right hand side than what Arfield, Tillman or Wright would be.
Would be delighted with that team, we would maybe even see some good attacking football

Just know in reality he will bring in Arfield, Wright and sands while persisting with Kent

For St Mirren (or the majority of SPFL fixtures)

McGregor

Barisic
Davies
Goldson
Tavernier

Lundstram
Kamara (8)
Tillman (10)

Kent
Colak
Matondo

This with Tav and Borna getting up the wings, want to see Tavernier getting right up that touch line and stop cutting into the middle..Sakala and Matondo Switching sides

formation-07-10-2022-09-43-31.png

Amazing. Matondo was a diddy and a Ross Wilson sacking offence literally this time last week and now he's in everyone's team :))
Give Kent a break for a game or two, see what Matondo can do with a full 90 minutes, he should have settled in by now

Give Kent a break for a game or two, see what Matondo can do with a full 90 minutes, he should have settled in by now
Yeah don't disagree at all mate, just laughing at the about turn from the usual zoomers who write new players off after a handful of games then want them back in after a half decent sub appearance for a few minutes.

——————McGregor—————

———-Goldson——Davies————

Tav—————————————Barisic

—————-Lundstram—————

——————-Tillman————————-

———-Morelos——-Colak————-

Why are you dropping King? Goldson and King partnership is the way forward. Morelos is miles off being fit should be nowhere near the team just my opinion though

It is remarkable that the default on here is to play the most attacking selection available and yet forget Gio NO manager does it.

Funny eh?

Yeah don't disagree at all mate, just laughing at the about turn from the usual zoomers who write new players off after a handful of games then want them back in after a half decent sub appearance for a few minutes.
It's not just zoomers writing players off mate the boomers I speak to have some absolutely laughable opinions on the whole

——————McGregor—————

———-Goldson——Davies————

Tav—————————————Barisic

—————-Lundstram—————

——————-Tillman————————-

———-Morelos——-Colak————-

I genuinely think we'd lose with that line up. 1 midfielder in the SPL? Wild!

Back