HRMC Tweet

That tweet, assuming it is genuine, is exactly what I’d expect HMRC to say. However, before releasing the story and the likely ramifications, the Times’ editor will have taken legal advice and must feeel he/she is on strong ground. Let it play out and see if HMRC are still keeping the same line once the facts come out.

It’s the exact opposite of what I’d expect HMRC to say in a public forum to be honest.

The issue is still ‘live’ (based on the fact we are all talking about it) and their general party line is ‘we don’t comment on individual cases’.

It just reads like some social admin who has been getting abuse on their twitter all day has decided to have a little tantrum making them look wholly unprofessional in the process. But as mentioned the fact it hasn’t been deleted would suggest it is tacitly approved by management.

It claims they didn't 'miscalculate' but the debt has already been reduced by a very large amount.

Why the Hell is a government department even sending out a tweet like that late in the evening?

It has all the hallmarks of the class and professionalism expected of some daft, pissed-up bint reacting to her ex sticking a photo of him and his new bird on the internet.

Twitter really has got a lot to answer for.

It’s the exact opposite of what I’d expect HMRC to say in a public forum to be honest.

The issue is still ‘live’ (based on the fact we are all talking about it) and their general party line is ‘we don’t comment on individual cases’.

It just reads like some social admin who has been getting abuse on their twitter all day has decided to have a little tantrum making them look wholly unprofessional in the process. But as mentioned the fact it hasn’t been deleted would suggest it is tacitly approved by management.
I think we have the same point that their comment is childish and unbecoming of an organisation responsible for collecting the finances to run the country but in my view I expected this type of response. I can’t wait until everything fully unravels and shows their role in the whole debacle.

HMRC - 'Her Majesty's' in the title and the Crown logo can mislead you to thinking that the organisation is populated with middle-class, university educated civil servants who probably veer towards rugby, cricket and golf in their sporting interests.

In Scotland the organisation likely includes a good number of very bitter mentally challengeds and the mentally challenged mindset thinks 'as one' from Government to Gallowgate, just the ariculacy of expression varies.

Tweet is still up there.

Definitely real.

Absolutely bizarre, nonetheless. Just leaves me reinforcing my existing view that HMRC Centre 1 is packed to capacity with crash barriers

That looks like it has been typed by a tramp crying with a big petted lip.It is at least very unprofessional.I hope this is looked into thoroughly as I suspect a few in hmrc and other institutions will be getting a little nervous.

This whole story is just another attempt to troll the Rangers support and open up barely healed wounds IMO. In International break which most people don’t give a shit about anymore it serves also to make some headlines and fill a few column inches and that’s it.

We already know it was an HMRC witch-hunt from the start, a carefully orchestrated offensive involving numerous others who gleefully added their tuppence in plain sight in the combined efforts to push the big bus over the cliff edge.

All those frothing at the mouth at the time will not be forgotten or forgiven and the diddies that they are they will be fervently frothing at the mouth when we are back on top again but as for the filth in high places who plotted and started the ball rolling in this shameful scandalous attack on us and our club, exactly WHO are quite simply cowardly, scheming, obsessed, hate-filled individuals...a stain on humanity! We’re still here F@ck them all!

Their Top Tax man Jim Harrah has just added to Twitter a letter to the newspaper.
4IdrzNN.jpg

So if that’s Jim Harra then they’re coming out fighting. With the same “won” language, hence why the tweet still exists. Anything that wasn’t sanctioned would be off Twitter by now - now we know that it clearly was!

Let’s just see then, gloves off.

I think we're getting into semantics and interpretation with the "did not make any mistakes that led to the club's insolvency".

They could argue that's the case. But it ignores everything else, including their approach and the leaks.

So if that’s Jim Harra then they’re coming out fighting. With the same “won” language, hence why the tweet still exists. Anything that wasn’t sanctioned would be off Twitter by now - now we know that it clearly was!

Let’s just see then, gloves off.

Exactly the term "won" rather than successful or the likes is clearly coming from som rabid.

Time to take these yahoo lovers within HMRC to task on not only the tweet but the whole debacle.

This tit was on Her Majesties Honours list for services to tax soon after our troubles. I would love to know who nominated him.

heads should roll for this but they wont the fact they can post that on twitter shows the arrogance of the bastards :mad:

Their Top Tax man Jim Harrah has just added to Twitter a letter to the newspaper.
4IdrzNN.jpg
ffs HMRC is now publicly discussing Rangers tax affairs through the letters page in a newspaper, whilst the liquidation is still in progress.
Confidentiality is not an issue for HMRC where Rangers are concerned.
Hopefuly BDO can slaughter them for these breaches.

Last edited:
4IdrzNN.jpg
The club’s insolvency. We know where he’s coming from then.

What a crock. The fact they eventually won the case on dubious legal grounds isn’t the issue. The issue is whether the initial grossing up and calculation of penalties were errors. If so, were the errors deliberate and malevolent? Did they mean we could
not get a viable buyer?

If he’s feeling he needs to go public to restore faith in HMRC maybe he should deal with those questions head on instead of hiding behind carefully chosen wording designed to reframe the issues to suit himself While he’s at it he can explain why they wouldn’t settle for the 14 m Murray offered them ten years ago when they settled with everybody else on EBTs

Back