Huge improvement in defense

instructor

We have let in 23 fewer goals in the league than last season which is a remarkable turnaround. We need to improve on this even more though in order to win the title next season. We have better players at the back now and are better at reacting when we lose the ball. The left back position seems to be up for grabs and would be great to get a settled player in there.

A huge improvement given we’ve not had a solid left back all season and a right back who can’t defend apparently.

A lot of credit has to go to the central midfielders as well. I can’t remember the exact stats, but we must only have lost by more than one goal no more than once or twice.

We have let in 23 fewer goals in the league than last season which is a remarkable turnaround. We need to improve on this even more though in order to win the title next season. We have better players at the back now and are better at reacting when we lose the ball. The left back position seems to be up for grabs and would be great to get a settled player in there.
This soccer style we've been playing is my favorite from the past 7 years.

I appreciate the sentiment of the OP but improvement wasn't difficult I would still say it is an area we need to drill down on further.

We loose a lot of goals through errors (not just Worrall) - could get the total against down again next season.

Last time we won the league:
Scored - 88 Conceded - 29 Points - 93
2018/19
Scored - 82 Conceded - 27 Points - 78

Remarkable how similar the goal difference is despite getting 15 points less this season.

We just lost to a shower of tits from Ayrshire for the second time this season and you think we're improving?

If nothing else we need a leader of men at centre half to take the defence by the scruff of its neck.

The goalie has been on top of his game, when he's not having a footballing form of Tourette's overtaking his brain.

The right back has been a sensation going forward, but I don't believe he's a good defender. (my opinion) - This is one that drives me nuts with frustration.

I thought we'd really motor with Barisic, now I have my doubts.

We need a centre half, no two ways about it.

With Davis in the Quarterback position I can only see our team getting better next season.

Last time we won the league:
Scored - 88 Conceded - 29 Points - 93
2018/19
Scored - 82 Conceded - 27 Points - 78

Remarkable how similar the goal difference is despite getting 15 points less this season.
Thats what happens when you have a one goal lead in many matches and don't finish the job.

We just lost to a shower of tits from Ayrshire for the second time this season and you think we're improving?

If nothing else we need a leader of men at centre half to take the defence by the scruff of its neck.

The goalie has been on top of his game, when he's not having a footballing form of Tourette's overtaking his brain.

The right back has been a sensation going forward, but I don't believe he's a good defender. (my opinion) - This is one that drives me nuts with frustration.

The OP gave clear evidence that we're improving. You've responded with a bizarre rant...calm down

We’d been saying all summer that was the priority so fair play.

fans-of-the-indianapolis-colts-holds-up-a-sign-d-fence-during-the-nfl-picture-id72162396

The OP gave clear evidence that we're improving. You've responded with a bizarre rant...calm down

No rant from me.

I take it you would put losing 2-0 to the filth at Hampden in a semi final as an improvement on last year.

We lost the league by what, 9 points?

By the OP's reckoning that's an improvement on last year too.

What it is, when you get right down to it, is failure

No rant from me.

I take it you would put losing 2-0 to the filth at Hampden in a semi final as an improvement on last year.

They are all demonstrably improvements, maybe not improvements of the magnitude that we need, but to deny that they demonstrate improvement is to deny the obvious.

They are all demonstrably improvements, maybe not improvements of the magnitude that we need, but to deny that they demonstrate improvement is to deny the obvious.

The obvious is we're staring down the barrel of a third straight filth treble.

One of the main reasons why is we're not very good at keeping clean sheets.

The obvious is we're staring down the barrel of a third straight filth treble.

One of the main reasons why is we're not very good at keeping clean sheets.
I didn't take issue at that. I took issue with you suggesting that there hadnt been improvement which is clearly untrue.

With regards to clean sheets, before yesterday (when we changed our GK and 3/4 of the defence) we had conceded 1 goal in 6 games. We've let in around half of the goals we did last season and have conceded roughly the same amount as we did the last time we won the title in the top flight. We can always look to improve more, but it's night and day from last year.

Prior to the Sunday's game we'd conceded exactly half the goals we had last season. That's a helluva improvement. And let's not forget we achieved this while also having to cope with a European campaign.

A huge improvement given we’ve not had a solid left back all season and a right back who can’t defend apparently.

A lot of credit has to go to the central midfielders as well. I can’t remember the exact stats, but we must only have lost by more than one goal no more than once or twice.

We’ve lost once by over a goal in all games mate. Sheep at Ibrox.

Flanagan at left back while not perfect going forward makes us solid at the back.

The team that started v Celtic with Mcgregor in goals is good enough to win the league imo

We just need quality cover and we will push the scum all the way next season

That’s it nailed, we’re not improving :oops:

Away and have a lie down.

Well said I completely agree with all your comments :)):))

No rant from me.

We're not yet where we want to be but we're getting there.

We're 8 points better off than last season, scored more goals and conceded far less. Goal difference this season is +55, last season it was +26.

We've also got to the point now where we're not expecting to get pumped off that lot anymore but now we're actually confident of turning them over.

The games that have done us this season have been a case of fine margins. Admittedly those fine margins have went against us too often but like I said, we're not there yet but we will be soon enough.

We have improved all right and will continue to do so.

As stated, 19 home matches. 12 shut outs and 7x 1 goal lost. 4 goals lost in 1st 6 home matches.
Away matches, 19 games played. 5 shut outs, 9 x 1 goal,4 x 2 goals and 1 x 3 goals. Total 20 goals lost

We do look a much stronger unit this season for sure, all our defenders have came in for a bit of stick at times but as a whole we cn be satisfied with the improvement.
Credit also goes to the rest of the team for the improvement as well though, we now have wingers who can work back and midfielders who can drop into the gap left if our full backs push on.

No rant from me.

Ooooft!! Somebody’s rattled your cage a dullion. You on yer rag?

Opened this expecting it to be a US military thread.

Back