Huge issue with the three creative players behind Alfie

Struths Canary

Only Aribo actually delivers regularly.

No idea what we do with Hagi and Kent but it's been years and we need so much more. Tonight was woeful and you could see that the "creating" is just one man really

It's all media bullshit but if anything is true about the bids for them (£12m and £15m!!!!) then we rebuild and move on.

The midfield has been a real issue for years , stop kidding ourselves , Hagi was brought in as a blue chip player , delivers next to nothing all game
He scored tonight , Kent delivered one ball but guess which one will be defended and which one slated , the pattern is building already.

"Striker didn't score his chance! Midfield couldn't hold possession! Defenders failed to clear their lines!"

We could go through an entire list of things to be honest. Players didn't turn up, didn't want to be there, we still got a point against the best Aberdeen performance there will be this season.

If we drop points at home, I'll start ringing the alarm bells myself. Tonight was just one of those nights where nothing worked and we escaped with a draw.

Those having a go at the OP but he’s right, they aren’t doing it consistently enough and aren’t as dangerous as last season.

We need to freshen up from middle to front, the defence will be fine with Helander and Balogun coming back soon but without Aribo we are horrible going forward.

I would keep Kent unless a ridiculous bid comes in. Hagi, tech ically very good but lacks pace and I think if a bid of 10m plus came in, I'd be taking it. He's not a wide player, where he's so ofyen played and i'm not sure he'd get a run of games centrally.

"Striker didn't score his chance! Midfield couldn't hold possession! Defenders failed to clear their lines!"

We could go through an entire list of things to be honest. Players didn't turn up, didn't want to be there, we still got a point against the best Aberdeen performance there will be this season.

If we drop points at home, I'll start ringing the alarm bells myself. Tonight was just one of those nights where nothing worked and we escaped with a draw.
See your middle paragraph , any player wearing a Rangers shirt who doesn’t want to be there should be given their wish.

I would keep Kent unless a ridiculous bid comes in. Hagi, tech ically very good but lacks pace and I think if a bid of 10m plus came in, I'd be taking it. He's not a wide player, where he's so ofyen played and i'm not sure he'd get a run of games centrally.
Can I respectfully ask you what Kent did tonight that Hagi didn’t ?

There is no balance in midfield. We have too many defensive types.
I think we need an overhaul in there and maybe we need to switch target from a RW to a box to box midfielder.

Kent did well for the goal but I don’t think it’s the worst opinion in the world to say his consistency and end product leave a lot to be desired.

We paid 7m for someone who isn’t showing up that much more than players we’ve got for free or half of that.

Kent did well for the goal but I don’t think it’s the worst opinion in the world to say his consistency and end product leave a lot to be desired.

We paid 7m for someone who isn’t showing up that much more than players we’ve got for free or half of that.
Your right but he’s a favourite on here so your opinion will not be popular.

The midfield do not get the ball out quick enough to Kent so he can take on players in one one situations at times but Kent is not a issue. Hell of a player who some fans always want to turn to blame when we have a bad game. 4 points clear and still in a golden position.We are far to analytical at times and need some realism. Sometimes it just does not click and we have of nights .it's the middle of winter and a place like Aberdeen is a bugger to go to.

Kent created the goal and Hagi scored it FFS
That sounds good until you go check Hagi has 2 goals and 1 assists so far despite starting regularly.

Our attackers for a variety of reasons have yet to be fit and getting us the numbers they should, it’s a fair criticism of every one of them.

It doesn’t have to go too far into criticising them but it would be fair to say we lack end product at times.

The stat Crocker said on Sky about Kent was really something, that was only his second assist in the league

For the money we’ve paid / wages he gets he should be man of the match every week, far too inconsistent , disappears

There is an argument that is common occurrence with wide players after first season or two , defenders get sussed to their moves / defend them much better so the attackers effectiveness drops.

To be fair to Kent he is a good outlet ball, can take the ball on a run and relieve pressure (especially in Europe, but he must do a lot better domestically or time to capitalise if a deal is there to sell

Hagi is frighteningly poor just now.

Kent is the on that I'd always have in my team. Other than him we have space for anyone who wants to step up or come in because there isn't enough of a threat.

I hope we sign a RW. Wright has one good game in five and Hagi is never a winger.

Kent, Aribo, and the RW will hopefully supply ammunition for Alfredo.

Kent had at least two men on him the the whole game and nobody near him or even in the box most of that 2nd half. Not much more he could have done tonight.

10 million plus ? Wow.

Kent’s stats are really poor but there is no doubt that he is quality and has the ability to change a game . Last night he had one moment of quality and it created a goal.

Kent is immune from criticism for most on here but so often he does a good wee run then messes up. The end product isn’t there.

The stat Crocker said on Sky about Kent was really something, that was only his second assist in the league
The first “assist” was a wee sideways pass to Tavernier who then scored from 25-30 yards against DU. He didn’t set up the goal he just got lucky.

FFS OP wants rid of Ryan Kent. This place is always a bit daft after a poor result but even allowing for that this is beyond mental. Kent is a key player. Set up the goal last night scored by Hagi who OP also wants moved on.

We were poor but wasn’t Kent that was the issue.

This is just a nonsense and an overreaction. We conceded a penalty last night which gave us a draw against a team who only wanted to kick us up and down the park and got away with it. A bit of perspective please.

Huge issue with the four playing behind the midfield everyone of them a bag of nerves when a high ball gets launched into our box

My favourite bit is when you say it's obviously bullshit that people want to sign them (cos they're shit, right, that's what you mean?) but you want us to use these fantasy bids to rebuild.

Kent is usually doubled up against most teams we play as they know he can cause problems but his stats are still poor.

The issue is without Aribo playing, the rest of the players in those positions are either far too inconsistent or just not Rangers quality.

Hagi, Kent, Roofe, Sakala, Wright

If we don't get more from the above 5 throughout the rest of the season we'll have games like last night.

Get the screening in front of the defence right (last night it was Kamara and Sands) and then we give the forward players a platform to play off of, receive the ball higher up the pitch, etc.

Get that wrong and you’re asking for guys like Hagi and Kent to drop into the middle of the park and scrap for the ball, which is not their strength.

We have the forward players to hurt any team on this tinpot league. I’ve not seen them, but I strongly suspect heatmaps, starting positions and possession stats from last night will show you why it didn’t happen.

The team is crying out for a fully fit Ryan Jack or his replacement, especially in games like that last night. Dominate the middle of the park. Break up play. Win the ball. Retain the ball. Get it forward to the guys who will cause damage.

Only Aribo actually delivers regularly.

No idea what we do with Hagi and Kent but it's been years and we need so much more. Tonight was woeful and you could see that the "creating" is just one man really

It's all media bullshit but if anything is true about the bids for them (£12m and £15m!!!!) then we rebuild and move on.
What the %^*& are you talking about?

far bigger problem was our lack of control in the middle of the park, couldn't get a grip of the game at all

This is exactly what happened last night.

Our game was crying out for a calming Davis / Jack type influence in midfield, who just got and kept possession and kept a calm head.

Our middle was non existent yesterday. Problems began and ended in that department. They bullied us and dominated in the middle of the park, which inevitably gave us problems trying to lift pressure off our backs and getting good supply to the forwards.

Anyway, we picked up a point from a traditionally tough away fixture and we’ll improve as key players return to the team. I’m not letting one draw at Pittodrie affect the generally good feeling I’ve had about how Gio sets up our team. Last night didn’t work. I’m sure Gio and Maakay will adapt for our next visit up there.

My favourite bit is when you say it's obviously bullshit that people want to sign them (cos they're shit, right, that's what you mean?) but you want us to use these fantasy bids to rebuild.
The bids were on here! £12 from Spain for Hagi and £15 for Kent from EPL.....I didn't invent the bids, even if someone else did.

Kent is usually doubled up against most teams we play as they know he can cause problems but his stats are still poor.

The issue is without Aribo playing, the rest of the players in those positions are either far too inconsistent or just not Rangers quality.

Hagi, Kent, Roofe, Sakala, Wright

If we don't get more from the above 5 throughout the rest of the season we'll have games like last night.
Roofe needs to be fit before we can get anything out of him.

Back