Hugh Dallas

I watched the whole game back last night and i agree there was a lot of bad reffing but Clancy at the paedo dome last game was just plain cheating not bad reffing. Its a miracle we got the 3 points on the day.

I watched again last night and the one thing glaringly obvious and disappointing for me was, apart from the two set pieces where they scored, what did they offer? Hartson and Balde should definitely have been red carded. Larsson was in the pocket of Moore for most of the game. Petrov, totally anonymous. TLB just done his usual arguing, snarling fouling and looking puzzled at that round thing people kept passing towards him.
Septic were out played all over the park and Klos had one save and one tip over the bar to make in the 90 minutes.
Also nostalgically asking, "What would you give for Ferguson, McCann and Amoruso, in their pomp, playing for us now."

Edit: I don't mean I was disappointed they offered little. I was disappointed that they were so piss poor yet managed to score two against us.

Theres always been a bit of bias due to fear of Celtic and their press guys.

But things are 100x worse now we have a number of top refs that are motivated to target Rangers, assist Celtic as much as they can and make sure all media coverage is excellent. No one involved with refereeing has a problem with it id even suggest refs are trained/told to cheat.

Everything changed during Craig Thomsons time reffin. He brought the poison from the press and fans of our rivals into refereeing and gave the media what they wanted. The fan on the pitch making the big calls seeing things from a yahoo point of view. Rangers said nothing even though it was blatant.

Today theres not much difference between Spiers or Jackson and Madden or McLean. Refs have backed themselves into a corner and know that an honest performance could well be your last at the top level.

Dallas was appointed 4th official at the 2002 World Cup Final. I recall that he denied the USA a penalty for a blatant handball on the goal line in their knockout game v Germany. FIFA were desperate for a Brazil v Germany final and were grateful for the decision.

Dallas was the best referee Scotland has ever produced. Low bar I know, but it's the truth. He held his own at the World Cup and CL level.

The idea he was biased against them came from the coin throwing game, but in reality they were scudded off the park as usual by us and they threw their toys out of the pram. I don't believe he was biased either way.

He applied for the position of Celtic General manager shortly after he retired from being a grade one Referee.
Screenshot202004060940231586162486.jpg
The General manager position was 5 years before the cup final, not after Dallas retired.

Reactions: Gee
I'm not. He definitely applied for the position. It was widely reported at the time.

The only link to it I can find online is from Kerrydale St website. They clearly recall him applying for the position and Jock Brown being the successful candidate.

Using pish spouted on Kerrydale St to back up claims as evidence is a new low for FF

Could it just be more the era of the game ?. Nearly 20 years ago mind, whilst some of the challenges were shocking, in the modern game moore would be off so I’m not gonna criticise too much . If he was bias and wanted to level 99 up he had the perfect opportunity the cup final where the ball hit amo in the chest and every Celtic fan and player going wanted a penalty, he didn’t because he wasn’t bias. Good few of the Rangers players such as amo had massive respect for Dallas and label him the best referee they seen in Scotland :)

Reactions: Gee
Anyone neutral watching the re-run of the 2002 Scottish cup final last night on BBC Scotland channel must be utterly baffled by the past rhetoric from Timmy that Hugh Dallas was a Referee with a bias towards Rangers.

His performance in that cup final would have made Kevin Clancy blush. He was Celtic's 12th man throughout the game.

For instance Chris Sutton should have been booked for a shocking body check on Cannigia which saw the Ranger having to leave the field of play (not to return to the action) Dallas didn't even speak to Sutton and Celtic exploited the ten man advantage and scored the opening goal.

Add to that moments later the blatant forearm from John Hartson into the face of Craig Moore should have saw him shown a straight red card. Again Dallas took no action.
There was many other instances but the denial of the stonewall penalty when Lovenkrands was blatantly shoved in the box by Mjallby seconds before he got the winner was absolute cowardice from Dallas.

Thankfully justice was done and LovelyPants gave us a dreamed deserved winner but it should never be forgotten how poor Dallas was that day.

Incidentally shortly after this match Dallas applied for the Celtic General Manager. He was unsuccessful in his application.

Edited

His was fuukin rotten but his boy is fuukin rotten tae.

I’m well aware he isn’t one of them. He still allows his decision making to be skewed based on pressure therefore he’s a cheat.

He might not be a mentally challenged cheat, but he is still a cheat.
I agree

He applied for the position of Celtic General manager shortly after he retired from being a grade one Referee.
Screenshot202004060940231586162486.jpg
Jock Brown was appointed as The Bunnet's mouthpiece in 1997.

The rumour was (not sure it was ever confirmed as fact in print) that Dallas applied for the job at the same time.

If you say something often enough people will believe it and for years they've moaned about refs, in fact, they even went to the bother of producing a film about. Great entrepreneurship by one of their fans, as the conditioned amongst then turned up to watch it and lined his pockets lol.

Dallas was to scared to give decisions against them, especially after he got a coin in the back of the head for giving us a penalty. Can you imagine if he had given it in the last minute of a cup final .

Except the one he gave literally seconds after that?

Using pish spouted on Kerrydale St to back up claims as evidence is a new low for FF
It was on the front page of the Sunday Mail. He applied for the post of Celtic General Manager. The only link to it that I can find now is on the Kerrydale street page which covers a paranoia book in their club and it confirms he applied for the post.

The rumour was (not sure it was ever confirmed as fact in print) that Dallas applied for the job at the same time.
He did. Jock Brown was the successful candidate. It was a huge story at the time.

Could you imagine the furore had he applied for such a position with Rangers whilst he was still a referee?

Fair enough. I was very young then and I guess a newspaper wasn’t being read. It’s a crazy story though.
I can't understand why it seems to have been completely omitted from the newspaper archives.
It was front page news on the Sunday papers at the time. Dallas at no time ever denied it.

The refs don’t get much help from the players to be honest!

If some of the players weren’t so adept at cheating it would make the job of the ref a bit easier

Hmmm.. I thought he reffed it well.

He pretty much let the game flow and the two teams get stuck in whilst not overeffing every single contentious bit of play

Opinions eh

Anyone neutral watching the re-run of the 2002 Scottish cup final last night on BBC Scotland channel must be utterly baffled by the past rhetoric from Timmy that Hugh Dallas was a Referee with a bias towards Rangers.

His performance in that cup final would have made Kevin Clancy blush. He was Celtic's 12th man throughout the game.

For instance Chris Sutton should have been booked for a shocking body check on Cannigia which saw the Ranger having to leave the field of play (not to return to the action) Dallas didn't even speak to Sutton and Celtic exploited the ten man advantage and scored the opening goal.

Add to that moments later the blatant forearm from John Hartson into the face of Craig Moore should have saw him shown a straight red card. Again Dallas took no action.
There was many other instances but the denial of the stonewall penalty when Lovenkrands was blatantly shoved in the box by Mjallby seconds before he got the winner was absolute cowardice from Dallas.

Thankfully justice was done and LovelyPants gave us a dreamed deserved winner but it should never be forgotten how poor Dallas was that day.

Incidentally shortly after this match Dallas applied for the Celtic General Manager. He was unsuccessful in his application.

Edited
You have missed the numerous assaults by Bobo

However the number of fouls committed by big Ammo must have been in double figures ! Also Ricksen committed a fair number before being booked and Craig Moore should have seen red for cynical foul on fatson so all in all it was a decent performance from Dallas and please try to take the tinted glasses off and enjoy the victory and class played we had on show that day
That Craig Moore challenge was a belter :D:D Clear Straight red for that now.

You have missed the numerous assaults by Bobo
We also should have had a penalty, instead of the free kick which Barry scored from.
Noticed watching it last night that Dallas was actually in the penalty box When he gave the decision, and the foul by Balde was along from him, but further into the box than where he was. Suppose it was less contentious for him to give a foul, but it was a clear penalty.

Does anyone think the foul on Amo by Balde that lead to Ferguson's goal was actually committed inside the box (just) with the momentum of the tackle taking it a couple of yards out. I've always thought it was a penalty. Ball ended up in the back of the net so not complaining

Edit: Beat me to it Gordmar

Last edited:
Dallas was to scared to give decisions against them, especially after he got a coin in the back of the head for giving us a penalty. Can you imagine if he had given it in the last minute of a cup final .

He literally gave us a penalty right after it mate

However the number of fouls committed by big Ammo must have been in double figures ! Also Ricksen committed a fair number before being booked and Craig Moore should have seen red for cynical foul on fatson so all in all it was a decent performance from Dallas and please try to take the tinted glasses off and enjoy the victory and class played we had on show that day

And this is why we should have a cycle of admin.

This pish being allowed beggars belief on a Rangers website.

As for Dallas? We should have been asking him to be sacked

A - After his performance in the 1996 SC final. The last man tackle by Ritchie on Gazza was a red card all day long and would have been if it had happened at the other end of the park. A cheating wretch of a man.

B- When he applied for a job at the scum hut, all concept of neutrality flew out the window.

As I said, an absolute wretch of an official.

But he did forward a good email. Can't criticise him on that score.

Hilarious big Amo was booked straight after one of the scum was booked for a res card offence.

Amo should have never been booked if that was the standard.

Dallas shat the bed from 1999. His family were put in fear. He wouldnt have that again so gave them everything.

The only good thing he done was not to fall for the cheating diving of larsson and hartson in the box.
One of the few referees who caught on to their constant diving.Still a shit referee,though.

What happened was that Celtic leaked the story of Dallas applying to be their General Manager in the wake of the 1999 match.

The insinuation was that because he was knocked back he took his spite out on the club through refereeing decisions.

This wasn’t official but released through ‘a source’.

The rather more obvious inference that it showed some kind of bias towards rather than against Celtic was not even thought to be a possibility.

The angle that Celtic had released information that should have remained private and confidential was studiously avoided.

We’ve been up against Celtic and media guttersnipe behaviour for decades now.

he wasn’t, Moore and Amo were our only bookings.

On another note, I’d forgotten about Moore’s two challenges. He might have seen red as well. Joining Hartson and Balde in the stands

Worst decision was actually letting Mjallby wipe Lovenkrands out in the Celtic box just before the winner

Edited

I recall it was 1997 he tried and failed to win the role of Celtic General Manager.

It only came to light in the 2000s

It’s the same with the “Penalty Rangers” patter despite them having significantly more penalties. They shout it enough that they believe themselves.

Back