Hugh Keevins - Selectarianism

So how does that work do Neil McCann. He played for Rangers so is he also an OB. You could pose the same question of many like Amorusso etc but the default will be but they were not brought up in Scotland.

The guy Scott who called in was embarrassing, incapable of putting a cogent point across, couldn't find the required words we need better

I have seen a few say that as if it excuses it.
Also lots saying what is sectarian about 'Orange bastard'?

Usually tune in at lunchtimes and rarely last half an our beforehand turning it off. Heard that statement and off it went.
The scary thing is he believes he’s correct

On Clyde

Celtic fans sang ‘Orange bastard’ to Kris Boyd because he played for Rangers

Rangers fans sang ‘19th Century Terrorist bastard’ to Steve Clarke because he was brought up a catholic

Unchallenged. Astounding narrative.
Ignoring the fact he has not a shred of evidence to back this up, is he actually claiming one is justified and the other is not? The double standards are jaw-dropping.

I have seen a few say that as if it excuses it.
Also lots saying what is sectarian about 'Orange bastard'?
Considering the Order is faith based and specifically to Protestantism then anyone making that point is making a clown of themselves. Highly sectarian comment and time the Order stood up for itself against this disgusting treatment.

Dont ask him about his friendship with Frank Cairney.
rUPY9t4.gif

Said in another thread - fair play to Greechan in the Daily Mail stating that those who can't equate the Boyd situation with the Clarke situation are part of the problem and not part of the solution.

There are many who can't and Keevins is one of them. I think you call them Bigots.

The guy Scott who called in was embarrassing, incapable of putting a cogent point across, couldn't find the required words we need better

Fuxake, cannot (would not) listen in Texas, but at least he made the effort. Obviously you have tremendous oratory skills, did you try to call in?

On Clyde

Rangers fans sang ‘19th Century Terrorist bastard’ to Steve Clarke because he was brought up a catholic

If he said that he must be sacked . Immediately .

This goes back to the turn of the millennium when Keevins, Spiers and one or two other Yahoo shills began actively rewiring the accepted age-old maxim that one set of fans was as bad as the other.

Spiers especially is on record challenging that directly when saying the problem at Ibrox was much worse than Parkhead to the extent that Celtic were effectively dropped from the sectarianism narrative entirely and the problem was promoted as being very much synonymous with Rangers alone.

The club’s failure to react has led us to where we are now where a bitter old school hack like Keevins simply can’t countenance the idea that both clubs should share equal blame.

If this board fails to start fighting its corner, that lop-sidedness will continue to be the accepted belief.

So is Keevins point then that sectarian abuse is ok, son long as its directed at a Rangers or Celtic player?

Steve Clark never played for Celtic so the abuse is because he's catholic and so wrong.

Kris Boyd played for Rangers so the abuse is fine as it's down to his playing career and not religion.

By that logic, calling Rodgers a dirty 19th Century Terrorist bastard should be ok and just banter like Boyd given that he manages them and so it's part and parcel of the job. Surely :rolleyes:

On Clyde

So that makes it all right then, ok.

Nobody will phone in and challenge him on it . Free to say what he likes .
Nobody would get put through to challenge him. You would need to say you were on for another reason, like agreeing with him. It’s a pure agenda,

Errrm right. So can HK please explain then why they have often referred to teams like Hearts, Kilmarnock and Motherwell as "huns light", "mini-huns" etc?

And that's just one example.

Bobby Madden is regularly called an OB. Must have blanked his Rangers career - was it during the banter years?

He should be receiving a call from the club lawyers asking what evidence he had to justify putting such a defamatory statement out on a public broadcast.

Maybe Hugh can tell us if Kris Boyd is in the Orange Order? I have no idea if he is but I suspect not.

Maybe Hugh can tell us the current connection between the Orange Order and Rangers Football Club? I'm not aware there is one.

Given the foregoing what on Earth is the relevance of the term 'orange bastard' in relation to Kris Boyd and his previous employment at Ibrox? Neither, as far as I'm aware, have any connection to the Orange Order.

Can you explain that one Hugh?

did he once say on radio that he would only allow his daughhter to date a guy if he is A)a catholic and B) cellic suppoter?

Back