Hugh Keevins slams 'scurrilous allegations' surrounding Celtic Boys Club discussion on Clyde 1 Superscoreboard

Status
Not open for further replies.
Keevins joining in on the cover up...there you go!

Keevins is guilty of brushing this under the carpet. To ignore is to accept. He accepts innocent kids being groomed and sexually abused. I also believe there is some truth in this article regarding him not wishing to debate the subject. It would be very typical of his stance to date.

Keevins Knew.

And the difference to him knowing and every other, Tom, Dick and Harry Knowing. Is that he had a moral duty as a journalist to report! He ignored closed his eyes and put fingers in his ears.

Shame on you Keevins.

Last edited:
He panders to the great unwashed on twitter on a daily basis. Keeps on and about how divided the west of Scotland is, all the while knowingly telling us he is a left footer.
Gordon Duncan does a fine job on superscoreboard being unbiased, but the likes of him & Wilson make sure the blessed “brendan” & “Neil” are kept on a pedestal for all separate entity zoomers that care to listen. Dalziel is just awful & Alex Rae a disappointment

Hugh Keevans has been around Filth FC all of his career, I believe since the late sixties, and would have been more than aware of every type of gossip that emanated from the House Of Sin.
He would have heard all about Big Jock kicking Torbett out of the club, he would have heard all about the scandal over in the USA that saw the hugely respected Cairney step down on his return.
Perhaps the bold Hugh saw those matters swept under the Celtic Park carpet and never himself thought it worth taking a peek at exactly what it was that was being hidden there, I mean he was only a journalist!

We may never know, we can never be sure but a lifetime as a journalist of being inside the know of Celtc Football Club and then telling the world in 2019 that all those events were carried out without having an inkling that something naughty was happening, seems ... well ... some might say stretches the fabric of credulity.
Just how useless was Hugh (and others) at their jobs?
Asked no one in the Scottish press and media ever?

Hugh Keevans has been around Filth FC all of his career, I believe since the late sixties, and would have been more than aware of every type of gossip that emanated from the House Of Sin.
He would have heard all about Big Jock kicking Torbett out of the club, he would have heard all about the scandal over in the USA that saw the hugely respected Cairney step down on his return.
Perhaps the bold Hugh saw those matters swept under the Celtic Park carpet and never himself thought it worth taking a peek at exactly what it was that was being hidden there, I mean he was only a journalist!

We may never know, we can never be sure but a lifetime as a journalist of being inside the know of Celtc Football Club and then telling the world in 2019 that all those events were carried out without having an inkling that something naughty was happening, seems ... well ... some might say stretches the fabric of credulity.
Shug knew, mate.

I'm not one to defend him, but lets at least get the facts right.

He isn't suggesting that the Celtic Boys Club abuse claims are "scurrilous accusations."

He is saying that claims made on twitter suggesting that he has told Radio Clyde he will resign if they discuss Celtic's child abuse are not true and scurrilous accusations.

"Well we are in the journalistic profession and you have to leave your boyhood allegiances at the front desk because you are paid to talk about all clubs and you can't align yourself to a particular club."

There are two cover ups here. The explicit one by Celtic (including Stein) when Torbett was first caught, then the second implicit one by the Scottish media after Torbett and Cairney were prosecuted. They were happy to let the Torbett one fade into the background. Big Jock Knew wouldn’t have been a thing expect they tried to push for a posthumous knighthood for him.

He isn't suggesting that the Celtic Boys Club abuse claims are "scurrilous accusations."

He is saying that claims made on twitter suggesting that he has told Radio Clyde he will resign if they discuss Celtic's child abuse are not true and scurrilous accusations.

While I am disgusted at his 'I abhor child abuse and those found guilty' without a mention of his club who covered it up and are still trying to, I agree that he was talking about the claims that he threatened Radio Clyde. However, I'm glad that Mrs Gray's tweet has highlighted his pro Celtic stance.

"Well we are in the journalistic profession and you have to leave your boyhood allegiances at the front desk because you are paid to talk about all clubs and you can't align yourself to a particular club."

it just decent human behaviour to report. To bury your head and hold your tongue is morally wrong. He was in a position to call this out. If he knew, which I 100% believe he did. He is part of the cover-up then, Shame on you Shug!

Here's the start they will be lining up to join Keevins in defending and protecting the fhilth,Child abuse is way down the priorities in today's Catholic run Scotland.

3 or 4 priests at his daughters wedding was it?. Just doing what their religion has done for centuries. Deny deny deny, deflect deflect deflect. The whole thing is a fvcking plague on humanity.

Correct.

Bit of a misleading thread title there. He’s saying that the allegations he threatened to quit Ssb if the Celtic child abuse scandal was discussed is scurrilous, not the allegations themselves.
Don’t let the truth get in the way of good thread.
He probably knows more than we think.

Exactly.

Any moron thinks that Hugh is impartial is deluded.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back