Hugh Keevins slams 'scurrilous allegations' surrounding Celtic Boys Club discussion on Clyde 1 Superscoreboard

Status
Not open for further replies.
When the inquiry starts then keevans should be investigated. Threatening to resign says it all as far as I’m concerned. Guilty conscience.

3 times now I’ve rang SSB to talk about the young footballers in this country that didn’t make the grade due to a certain clubs actions in their boys club. I didn’t mention cfc. I asked if I could direct my question to Hugh keevans. I got 3 bleeps. Obviously hung up. That was on the Friday. I rang again from my phone and couldn’t get through. On the Monday I rang from my wife’s phone and asked the same question and was told it’s not an issue of the phone in and was cut off. I then rang half an hour later from my sons phone and repeated the question and was cut off. On the Wednesday I spoke again to the person that took my call and asked if I could talk about EBT’s and it’s link to football and why it was a subject on SSB for months but young footballers being abused wasn’t football related? I was cut off again. On Monday night I’ll be trying again and I will keep trying every night Hugh keevans is in the studio. When the inquiry starts,which will be a public inquiry then they will have no choice but to talk about it. I honestly think that no Rangers supporters should phone SSB unless to talk about the shame that cfc has brought to football. And the irreparable damage they have caused to people’s lives. The judges statement when sentencing said that even professional footballers at the time made complaints about what was going on. So they knew. That makes them as guilty for not reporting it to the authorities. They all fckn knew. IMO keevans is shitting himself. Why would you threaten to resign if the subject was brought up?

When will a scotshit "journalist" have the courage and honesty to call this mhob out for what they are? It's a sad state of affairs when not one has enough balls to do their job.It's frightening to think they are all on liewells payroll or maybe liewell has the dirties on them and using it to ensure no one touches this,the biggest scandal in British sport.

When will a scotshit "journalist" have the courage and honesty to call this mhob out for what they are? It's a sad state of affairs when not one has enough balls to do their job.It's frightening to think they are all on liewells payroll or maybe liewell has the dirties on them and using it to ensure no one touches this,the biggest scandal in British sport.
Your right pal. The English FA are also involved now so fck the SFA and the Scottish press. This will get bigger. Be patient ;)

Hugh knew.

NzafEn8.gif

Hugh Keevans has been around Filth FC all of his career, I believe since the late sixties, and would have been more than aware of every type of gossip that emanated from the House Of Sin.
He would have heard all about Big Jock kicking Torbett out of the club, he would have heard all about the scandal over in the USA that saw the hugely respected Cairney step down on his return.
Perhaps the bold Hugh saw those matters swept under the Celtic Park carpet and never himself thought it worth taking a peek at exactly what it was that was being hidden there, I mean he was only a journalist!

We may never know, we can never be sure but a lifetime as a journalist of being inside the know of Celtc Football Club and then telling the world in 2019 that all those events were carried out without having an inkling that something naughty was happening, seems ... well ... some might say stretches the fabric of credulity.
Just how useless was Hugh (and others) at their jobs?
Asked no one in the Scottish press and media ever?
You are quite right bilkobear its inconceivable to think that sports journalists, investigative journalists or any type of journalist in this country did not know this was happening. The players of the sixties and seventies drank with the journalists in the same pubs FFS. It was said in court by their most famous captain that it was an "open secret" what was going on . What this tells me is the journalists are not only complicit in this heinous disgusting crime but their continued denial to even discuss this in the media just compounds the whole sordid episode in Scottish football history and in the history of the country of Scotland . Shame on them.

I think that the "scurrilous allegations" are that the bold Shug threatened to quit.

Correct

I think some folk never read the article.

False Twitter rumours claimed the broadcasting icon threatened to quit the long-running phone-in if the Celtic Boys Club sex scandal was talked about on-air

Hugh knew , or was he poss involved?
Anyone part of this cover up must be viewed with suspicion.

Something not right there. These men have been convicted in Court. They are not allegations - they are facts.

I’ve yet to see any acquaintance I have with
Celtic leanings even mention this. I understand that most decent fans would be horrified and ashamed that this went on at their club (sad fact of life that these monsters worm their way in everywhere - don’t even know who’s living in your street these days) but given that these men have been convicted, wouldn’t you want your club to do the right thing by the abused? After all these poor souls were Celtic fans themselves.

Also if the boot was on the other foot and Rangers were celebrating with that cloud of historic sexual abuse of children hanging over them and the subsequent cover-up, it would be used to put a dampener on it by the media etc.

We’ve even got Chris Sutton tweeting about knowng your history - he really doesn’t do irony that man.

He panders to the great unwashed on twitter on a daily basis. Keeps on and about how divided the west of Scotland is, all the while knowingly telling us he is a left footer.
Gordon Duncan does a fine job on superscoreboard being unbiased, but the likes of him & Wilson make sure the blessed “brendan” & “Neil” are kept on a pedestal for all separate entity zoomers that care to listen. Dalziel is just awful & Alex Rae a disappointment
The only person who divides the west of Scotland is himself

So I read that article as Keevins saying someone has suggested he’ll quit SSB if the paedo ring is discussed, but he’s denying he would quit if it was talked about.

So I don't read that article as Keevins suggesting the paedo allegations are scurrilous.

Or am I reading that article wrong?

Being a journalist should see you seeking truth and being impartial. Some of the press have neither of these traits and were complicit in knowing the whereabouts of a paedophile ring and never said or typed a word.

By their fruits they shall be known.

Also if the boot was on the other foot and Rangers were celebrating with that cloud of historic sexual abuse of children hanging over them and the subsequent cover-up, it would be used to put a dampener on it by the media etc.

We’ve even got Chris Sutton tweeting about knowng your history - he really doesn’t do irony that man.

It's not that he doesn't do irony, he isn't bright enough to understand what irony is.

Something not right there. These men have been convicted in Court. They are not allegations - they are facts.

Like most on this thread you clearly haven’t read the article.

I’m no fan of Hugh Kevin’s but the OP title needs amended cause this thread is getting embarrassing.

Like most on this thread you clearly haven’t read the article.

I’m no fan of Hugh Kevin’s but the OP title needs amended cause this thread is getting embarrassing.

Probably did jump in too quick but still stand by what I said. Has he outright condemned Celtic by name? Not that I can see in that article. He is in a position to do so and a doting grandfather going by his own tweets etc.

Hugh I am sure would never condone such vile behaviour however he like the rest in the Scottish media have put self interest ahead of protecting children. He knew it was going on, sure he may not have had evidence to categorically prove it but he like so many others especially those in the bbc were as much a part of the issue as the sweaty wee men that guided boys into darkened rooms.

Keevins by refusing to discuss this issue openly, to this day ensures that the primary goal of protecting Celtics brand image is achieved.

If they are not part of the solution they are part of the problem. Shame on them all.

Hugh has decades of guilt to defend,We all know the perpetrators of these vile crimes but he knows fine well an enquiry would also expose the individuals complicit in the cover up and the bold Hugh who has been a front line broadcaster for decades has kept his mouth shut when he had a responsibility to report it.

So I read that article as Keevins saying someone has suggested he’ll quit SSB if the paedo ring is discussed, but he’s denying he would quit if it was talked about.

So I don't read that article as Keevins suggesting the paedo allegations are scurrilous.

Or am I reading that article wrong?

See the difference is you actually read the article mate, as opposed to most of those who are commenting. You are right, and yet they are right in their condemnation. The silence of the Scottish media of the 60’s-90’s is what is truly “scurrilous”. Think about this by contrast:

- Hollywood has made a great film about the systematic abuse of children in the RC church in Boston in the 1960’s based on the Boston Globe’s investigation.
- Within months of the abuse at Penn State being uncovered, another RC institution, they head sacked their legendary coach, who like big Jock knew, sacked the perpetrators, investigated them, charged them, convicted them, stripped Penn State of titles as a punishment, and made them pay multiple millions in damages to the victims.
- Meanwhile in The West of Scotland...shhhhhh....silence....with the same known fact...well unless you happen to be Hugh Dallas cracking a joke online about it, then you get highlighted and sacked from your job.

There are many, hundreds literally, who knew and did nothing to their eternal shame. When the final dye is cast and all this is finally uncovered, every single one of them should be publically named too, so they can wear their shame as supporters of child abuse. If you knew, and did nothing, then you are. Simple

I have read and understood the article, so have SSB and Keevins discussed what is easily the most disturbing and depraved scandal in Scottish football history yet?

When the inquiry starts then keevans should be investigated. Threatening to resign says it all as far as I’m concerned. Guilty conscience.

3 times now I’ve rang SSB to talk about the young footballers in this country that didn’t make the grade due to a certain clubs actions in their boys club. I didn’t mention cfc. I asked if I could direct my question to Hugh keevans. I got 3 bleeps. Obviously hung up. That was on the Friday. I rang again from my phone and couldn’t get through. On the Monday I rang from my wife’s phone and asked the same question and was told it’s not an issue of the phone in and was cut off. I then rang half an hour later from my sons phone and repeated the question and was cut off. On the Wednesday I spoke again to the person that took my call and asked if I could talk about EBT’s and it’s link to football and why it was a subject on SSB for months but young footballers being abused wasn’t football related? I was cut off again. On Monday night I’ll be trying again and I will keep trying every night Hugh keevans is in the studio. When the inquiry starts,which will be a public inquiry then they will have no choice but to talk about it. I honestly think that no Rangers supporters should phone SSB unless to talk about the shame that cfc has brought to football. And the irreparable damage they have caused to people’s lives. The judges statement when sentencing said that even professional footballers at the time made complaints about what was going on. So they knew. That makes them as guilty for not reporting it to the authorities. They all fckn knew. IMO keevans is shitting himself. Why would you threaten to resign if the subject was brought up?
Say you want to talk about how great St Lennon is then when your on let them have it.

Say you want to talk about how great St Lennon is then when your on let them have it.
There’s a delay before you go on air so you have to be tactful in what you say. The last time I got through the boy huffed as if to say oh fck no you again :rolleyes:

Basically be is saying no guilt...move on to next caller...crap
Was he not referring to the rumour that he was going to chuck it if the radio station that sponsors FC Cover Up took calls about the child abuse?
By he way, as I’ve posted elsewhere, he also knew, and did nothing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back