Hugo loris sliding out to get the ball today

Fu@ksake goalkeepers get taught to do this from a very young age if they don't they'll get severely injured, if he did it for Scotland in a crucial game they would all say it's ok. but because it's Rangers he gets done for it.
That's exactly it ! I asked a sheep supporter (hates us) in work this morning the same question and he said it would be acceptable if he was in Scotland jersey …… totally F*cked up !!!!

Eddie Doc

McGregor wasnt cited because he had his leg up; he was cited because he deliberately raised his studs so they collided with Ferguson’s shin.

This isn’t the first time he’s done similar this season, and I remember him ramming into one of them at Parkhead.
Explain how a keeper takes the ball in that situation without his studs showing. He's protecting himself so the bottom of the feet come up, it's an automatic reaction. Ferguson was steaming in full pelt at his head and knew fine well that he wasn't getting the ball. You jump over the keeper or you get hurt.

Shropshire_Bear

I don't believe that the Morelos and McGregor citing/banning has anything to do with the Aberdeen game. This is payback for the old firm game and their way of getting retrospective punishment for incidents at that game. This is a corrupt system being used to help one team only. There's no point in trying to look at logic where this system is concerned.

Blueranger45

Ferguson was always going to go down when he saw McGregor lift his leg, could have easily avoided it by jumping over the keeper

also, a tackle to almost break his leg? is he like a spider or something, that tackle wouldn't break a human leg :D

Starting Anew

Yeah he nearly broke Ferguson brittle leg

Hyperbole at it finest
Can anyone explain how a shin with a guard on was at any risk at all from impacting a foot with knee and hip bent at right angles??

Macgregor’s joints buckle under the impact. Because that is how physics works.

It was a defensive posture used by all keepers. Christ knows what else he was meant to do.

RFC_Champions

Whoever thinks it was right to ban McGregor - get yourself along to a public park when the grass is soaking, run as fast as you can for about 15 yards then slide on your side making sure your head/shoulders stay rooted on the ground and look the other way, whilst trying to gather a ball.

Then you’ll realise it’s impossible to keep your foot down.

geo1667

Wasn't much difference between the two,but hey ho its Rangers so we'll
just ban McGregor because he's one of their better players.
Am i being paranoid.............

CaptainObjective

It's identical. Vardy not running in to the raised foot is the only difference!
He is back. Still talking nonsense. It is identical except Vardy evades the raised leg just as Ferguson should have done.
At no point does Lloris rush out with a straight leg studs shin high. In fact his leg only raises upwards when Vardy is PAST him. Absolutely laughable to suggest it's remotely similar.

steve1873

At no point does Lloris rush out with a straight leg studs shin high. In fact his leg only raises upwards when Vardy is PAST him. Absolutely laughable to suggest it's remotely similar.
It is fucking identical you lunatic. The only difference being that vardys starting position is closer to the goalkeeper so he is past/ level with him by the time lloris's leg comes up.

We are referring to the goalkeepers movement here!

I have no idea what you are attempting to discuss, but just because there is a collision in one incident and no collision in the other doesn't make them different FROM A GOALKEEPERS MOVEMENT PERSPECTIVE which is what this thread is actually discussing!

Mental.

CaptainObjective

It is fucking identical you lunatic. The only difference being that vardys starting position is closer to the goalkeeper so he is past/ level with him by the time lloris's leg comes up.

We are referring to the goalkeepers movement here!

I have no idea what you are attempting to discuss, but just because there is a collision in one incident and no collision in the other doesn't make them different FROM A GOALKEEPERS MOVEMENT PERSPECTIVE which is what this thread is actually discussing!

Mental.
You're clearly watching a different clip from me. At no point does Lloris come out with a straight leg, studs shin high. His knee is bent the whole time. Literally the opposite of McGregor.

Starting Anew

You're clearly watching a different clip from me. At no point does Lloris come out with a straight leg, studs shin high. His knee is bent the whole time. Literally the opposite of McGregor.
At no point does MacGregor do that either. Macgregor’s leg is bent in a natural position throughout. What the hell clip are you watching?

Lloris goes to ground slightly later than MacGregor did relative to the striker’s position and so his leg rises later. It’s bloody Newtonian motion.

MacGregor went to ground earlier. He was always winning the ball. Ferguson has the option of getting out the way. Instead he state in the challenge, knowing he had already lost the ball. Charitably, he was being uber-competetitive. More realistically, he was hoping to leave a late foot on MacGregor that was prevented by Shagger’s dedensive posture.

derBovril

There are thousands of identical clips of goalkeepers in a similar position because it is very common. It is 100% to protect themselves and will continue to happen.