Hugo loris sliding out to get the ball today

Most keepers sliding out like that will lift their leg, it's to protect themselves. Same when they come out for a high ball they lift their knee up.

It's very different though, lloris doesn't hit vardy.

If an opposition keeper did what Mcgregor did this place would be in uproar. Sometimes, just sometimes we do have a case to answer
oh yes, and do you think said opposition keeper will get a two game ban?

If an opposition keeper did what Mcgregor did this place would be in uproar. Sometimes, just sometimes we do have a case to answer
I said this the other day and got torn into.

I wish you all the best

Yeah it probably would be in uproar. It doesn't make it any different though. The argument could be made that it was Ferguson running in to McGregor's foot that caused the impact. Had McGregor not had foot raised he was running in to some other part of his anatomy, possibly injuring him. Remember, McGregor had gathered ball already so onus is on the player not in possession to avoid contact.

ok we move on
until the next made up thing, because we're a soft touch
Look we are on the end of some frign outrageous injustices
But this aint one of them
For me it was red all day

Pick your battles and we need to soon
But defending that challenge just makes us look daft

So he aimed it did he? You are saying there was intent, which you cannot possibly know. He wasn't even looking in the players direction.
Like you and I can’t be conclusive one way or other but he has a wee glance
My view is it was dangerous and easy to avoid at the least but really I think he knows what he is doing

But as you say that’s just opinion nothing more

If Scott Brown can win the ball and follow through on Candeias with a straight leg onto Candeias leg then why is Greegs incident a red card offence ?

Greegs has the ball in his hand and his follow through contacts Ferguson shin but who cam say this is deliberate ?

I believe Al would have expected any runner in to pull out. Unfortunately it was a Ferguson, who’s whole family have one brain cell to share.

He carried on in, in the fashion of a naive boy.

It’s not exactly the same
One difference is he didn’t put his studs through a guys shin
Their may be others
im not talking about lloris.
im talking about the hypothetical keeper that we would be up in arms about
check your previous posts

I said this the other day and got torn into.

I wish you all the best
Sometimes you just need to hold your hands up, take your medicine and move on. Any excuse for some to moan even when's it's blatant

If Scott Brown can win the ball and follow through on Candeias with a straight leg onto Candeias leg then why is Greegs incident a red card offence ?

Greegs has the ball in his hand and his follow through contacts Ferguson shin but who cam say this is deliberate ?
The Brown one should have been a red too. I think the Greegs one was a red but it's the lack of consistency that really boils my piss. A level playing field is all we're asking for.

If I was betting I'd say McGregor knew what he was doing and meant to make contact
It's impossible to prove though and it wouldn't be difficult to find hundreds of similar actions by goalkeepers that went unpunished
I think everyone can guess why this one has got attention
If they go ahead with the ban I would hope that every fan of every club sends in every example that they see. It would paralyse the system

Yeah it probably would be in uproar. It doesn't make it any different though. The argument could be made that it was Ferguson running in to McGregor's foot that caused the impact. Had McGregor not had foot raised he was running in to some other part of his anatomy, possibly injuring him. Remember, McGregor had gathered ball already so onus is on the player not in possession to avoid contact.

As I have stated before, Ferguson didn't even try to stop even when it was obvious that McGregor would be first to the ball!

W.A.T.P.

Yes and he got booked for it

What Alan did was potentially leg breaking though

He got done we move on
Fu@ksake goalkeepers get taught to do this from a very young age if they don't they'll get severely injured, if he did it for Scotland in a crucial game they would all say it's ok. but because it's Rangers he gets done for it.

It was only an issue because young Ferguson carried on in.

Naive, stupid, whatever.

99.9% of players don’t end up getting smashed by a keeper because they know better.

McGregor should not be banned.

Exactly. But let's face it, it's only when a Rangers player 'follows through' that there's an issue. Jack was sent off when that twat May mistimed a tackle, despite having played the ball away long before; and now McGregor is done for gathering the ball in the same way that goalkeepers across the world do everyday. Yet when Celtic players do the same (the Brown example above, and Rogic when he crippled Bates last season), there's no outcry whatsoever. It's so one-sided it's unbelievable.

McGregor wasnt cited because he had his leg up; he was cited because he deliberately raised his studs so they collided with Ferguson’s shin.

This isn’t the first time he’s done similar this season, and I remember him ramming into one of them at Parkhead.

When sliding out, your legs tend to go up as a goalkeeper. Watch out for it in games. It happens all the time. It also is a defensive posture when someone else it running straight towards you.

MacGregor had his knee bent. The mechanics of a collision like that where every one of macgregor’s joints naturally buckle make it near impossible for him to do much damage. If he’d actually wanted to injure Ferguson, he’d have gone in straight legged or kicked down as he collided. Much like Ferguson did when he later kicked shagger in the nuts with a lot more intent and violence than Morelos.

Instead we have football becoming a non-contact sport for our players so that our players can be kicked all ways but ours can’t even contact opponents without the compliance officer getting involved.

Fu@ksake goalkeepers get taught to do this from a very young age if they don't they'll get severely injured, if he did it for Scotland in a crucial game they would all say it's ok. but because it's Rangers he gets done for it.
That's exactly it ! I asked a sheep supporter (hates us) in work this morning the same question and he said it would be acceptable if he was in Scotland jersey …… totally F*cked up !!!!

McGregor wasnt cited because he had his leg up; he was cited because he deliberately raised his studs so they collided with Ferguson’s shin.

This isn’t the first time he’s done similar this season, and I remember him ramming into one of them at Parkhead.
Explain how a keeper takes the ball in that situation without his studs showing. He's protecting himself so the bottom of the feet come up, it's an automatic reaction. Ferguson was steaming in full pelt at his head and knew fine well that he wasn't getting the ball. You jump over the keeper or you get hurt.

I don't believe that the Morelos and McGregor citing/banning has anything to do with the Aberdeen game. This is payback for the old firm game and their way of getting retrospective punishment for incidents at that game. This is a corrupt system being used to help one team only. There's no point in trying to look at logic where this system is concerned.

Ferguson was always going to go down when he saw McGregor lift his leg, could have easily avoided it by jumping over the keeper

also, a tackle to almost break his leg? is he like a spider or something, that tackle wouldn't break a human leg :D

Yeah he nearly broke Ferguson brittle leg

Hyperbole at it finest
Can anyone explain how a shin with a guard on was at any risk at all from impacting a foot with knee and hip bent at right angles??

Macgregor’s joints buckle under the impact. Because that is how physics works.

It was a defensive posture used by all keepers. Christ knows what else he was meant to do.

Whoever thinks it was right to ban McGregor - get yourself along to a public park when the grass is soaking, run as fast as you can for about 15 yards then slide on your side making sure your head/shoulders stay rooted on the ground and look the other way, whilst trying to gather a ball.

Then you’ll realise it’s impossible to keep your foot down.

Wasn't much difference between the two,but hey ho its Rangers so we'll
just ban McGregor because he's one of their better players.
Am i being paranoid.............

Back