Humble pie after last night, am I alone?

At 2-0 going on 3 or 4 I tweeted, "they are bigger, stronger, fitter, faster and better footballers than us"

F@*ked that up, never been so happy to be wrong

to be honest your assessment wasn’t wrong. The facts are that they did look at least one level above us yet we could have scored 6 on another night

You were not alone. I thought maybe because of the way we set up that we were miles off the pace. I still can't believe that result.

To be fair they were though, they were far superior for long times.

The fact we got the 1-2 relatively fast after their second clearly put them off and caused doubt, something our players pounced upon and pushed them back. I don't think humble pie is required, it could have easily bee 0-4 at HT.

Htdssb6.gif

Most of us are
:)

Guilty!

’Comprehensively dismantled with some unacceptable individual performances’ was ready to be sent to the lads Groupchat.

Held fire though & the rest is history.

It’s why I’m sat in the stands at not at the sharp end of the professional game!

As good as Braga were going forward we still created plenty of good chances. Middle to front they are very slick and their movement off the ball is good but I can't help but think that was partly coz we stood off them and didn't harry them as often as we did to teams before xmas, their defence is ropey and are there for the taking next week but on the other hand they are more than capable of taking 3 or 4 off us. We took a good scalp last night but its only half time

I said at half time theres no shame in losing to a side that are better than us.

However when it went 2 1 I texted my mate and said were winning this 3 2. Just gutted I'd used up my weekly limit on my betting account or I would gave stuck some cash on it

At 2-0 going on 3 or 4 I tweeted, "they are bigger, stronger, fitter, faster and better footballers than us"

You most certainly are not.

A few of us going to Braga next week and when they scored their second then McGregor saved shortly after, I said to my oldman "ah well, at least it will be a nice wee day out in the sunshine away from this pish weather". It never even entered my mind when I said it that we'd be taking a lead and alfor a second

Yep, when we pulled it back to 2 - 1 I couldn't believe our luck considering the first half. Thought that was as good as we could have hoped for, in no way shape or form did I even consider any better than that let alone win it.

It does show that whatever has happened since the winter break, it most certainly is not that we lack the skill, players or bottle. Whatever it is is temporary and can be overcome without spending big.

I text my brother after they scored their second and said, we were strangers in blue. And few choice words sprinkled in. I’m rarely negative but Braga were strolling through us with pace and precision, and when we got the ball, we gave it away to easily. A shocking first 60mns, but by god, what a last half hour. Sheer Rangers class, the No Surrender attitude that is imbedded in the soil, the stands and the Rangers jersey.

If Alfie was on form and they took their chances the final outcome could've been 7 - 6 to us. Obviously pie in the sky as that's football, it just took a while for the players to actually remember we're a decent European side

Posted this on the thread were the OP was digging up those who made negative comments.

Most posters are posting their emotional thoughts as the game is happening at that moment.
Football fans aren’t philosophers who can watch a game in isolation of all emotion so posters should not apologise for being bi polar as all football fans are.
The game is like that you can having amazing highs and lows within minutes.
If you don’t personally insult the players you should be able to say he is playing crap or playing brilliant.

I also try to give my opinion on who is playing well and playing poor and what is happening (in my opinion) as their are some on the match thread who don’t have a screen or a radio in front of them.

You're not alone, just had a scan through some of the messages I put on the group chat with my mates.

"At least it's only one"

"This is painful watching"

"Would have been a big ask if we were playing well, unfortunately we're just awful at the moment".

The last one I posted.....

"Wow, how the %^*& did that just happen" :))

They were a level above us, maybe 2, for about 70 mins.

however, as we’ve seen this season domestically, if you don’t take your chances and allow the opposition to believe, anything is possible.

Well done Rangers.

When the second went it, I thought that was it.

Imagine we could start games the way we ended that one last night.

They are a very decent side but we were pretty dire for the first 60 minutes and then showed real guts and determination to turn it around.

The last 20 minutes was what we all want to see from a Rangers side, they gave everything for the shirt .

Guilty also.
Said to the boy when the second went in that I wished the ref could blow the whistle now as this is only going to get worse!
He certainly enjoyed reminding me of that every time we scored

If we are honest they are a very good football team. Great movement and passing however that last 20 mins of intensity that we showed with wave after wave of attack and resolute defending proved that they maybe don't have the bottle.

The players turned in a performance over the last 30 minutes that’s been missing since December 29th.

Maybe not force feed yourself humble pie just yet.

95% of the people in the match thread were eating it last night, myself included :D

I don't think anyone could have seen it coming unless you were really optimistic

Even at two down I felt up we could up a gear and get a goal back at least we could go there with some hope. Their defence wasn’t great. Never thought three though.

The most frustrating thing last night was that as good as Braga were, the amount of unforced and completely needless errors and stray passes from our lot were beyond belief.

Couldn't agree more - we just seemed sloppy and slow in our inter play.

However for all their dominance of the ball McGregor had little do do. I think the stats back this up - 8 shots on target to us and 4 to them or something.

Once we get our confidence in these games we come right out of our shell

We've had some terrible highs and lows this year. We may not have the greatest players to grace our great stadium. But, how can you not just love "The Famous Glasgow Rangers!"
Aribo scored a fantastic goal, Hagi is maybe just the class we need to see 'the' pass.
Let's get behind this team our manager and these players and lift them to greater things. WATP

Braga were good but we still had 10 shots at goal 7 on target. The way they play with a high line leaves big gaps at the back. Normally we play with teams on the low block with 10 behind the ball. It was a good game to watch and what a goal from Aribo.

I’ll take a slice of humble pie gladly , before the game I felt we could well be on the end of a doing , and after an hour it looked like we were .

What a comeback I don’t think anyone seen that coming .

I still think we have our work cut out for the second leg however we are still in there fighting and it’s credit to Gerrard and the players for keeping it that way .

Let’s not forget Braga are an expensively assembled squad with top , top players .

You are no

You are not wrong,they were at that stage.The punters that left after the second goal would also agree.What is that all about,well done to all the Bears and the team who never gave up.We got our reward in the end.

Guilty.......turned into a game that will be talked about for years to come. It’s one Of the games that W will be remembered as one of the best comebacks ever by a Rangers Team.

The most frustrating thing last night was that as good as Braga were, the amount of unforced and completely needless errors and stray passes from our lot were beyond belief.

I agree the ball was like a hot potato at times ,but we deserve credit for a wonderful fightback

It was actually 9 years ago yesterday that match as they went 8 clear
The Kilmarnock year?
Was that the same year as Smarmyarse missed the penalty.
He offered another brilliant quote, saying something like ”it didn’t matter who won the league, septic were still a better team”!

Commentator was saying what we needed to do to get back into at 2-0, I turned to wife and said no chance we getting back into this. So yeah same amount of humble pie for me.

To be honest when they scored their second I would have taken the final whistle there & then.
That's why I sit in the stand!

Fair play for admitting you maybe jumped the gun but they were probably all of those things for the first hour at least.

Braga were the better side in the first half but let's be honest, we were shocking.

No press, no shape, couldn't string a few passes together and constantly gave the ball away.

Even then, we had opportunities to score.

After the first half and the last 9 matches, no one could have predicted that response in the 2nd half.

I thought we were awful last night until we finally sparked into life. I had completely ruled out us even scoring a goal. Delighted to be very wrong!!

to be honest your assessment wasn’t wrong. The facts are that they did look at least one level above us yet we could have scored 6 on another night

Yes they did look a level above us but was that because they are or that we didn’t play well.

Remember we played the team that are 17 points above them in their league off the park twice.

Somebody was kind enough to selectively quote posts slating myself and others from the match thread. Truth is at half time we had been crap. Cb's had been OK, tav and borna had been poor, Davis and kamara dreadful, Alfie wasteful, Kent a waste of a Jersey and hagi had been poor despite a couple of good passes. Watch g the half again, he numerously turned into trouble, stray pass, mis controls. Arfied and McGregor apart we were poor. We weren't any better until 65 minutes though 2 or 3 players did wake up. After that we were a different side and we can all choose to remember that but what went before was poor, despite braga being good. For spells, we allowed them to be good. What's interest g is if they think we were fitter, they surely wont play with such intentisy in the first hour and such a high line. We've got a very tough game but if they adopt that high line and effort again, we can and I think will take them.

My mate who i don't respond to now during games trying to phone me twice after their 2nd goal then sent a text saying " Turned it off I've had enough Gerrard needs to go " lol

Anyone would have considered us dead & buried - although we had a few close things - they just looked like they were streets ahead of us & cruising it

I'm so glad our players thought differently

I'll gladly eat humble pie for the rest of the season if we get performances & results like that

I completely lost it at the game when we missed a couple of chances after telling myself don’t get worked up it’s Braga they are a good team.

To nearly in tears hugging everyone in sight at the winner and full time.

Was going mental in SJR. We were so far out of the game it was unreal. How wrong can you be.

As othes have said very reminiscent of the doing Marseille were giving us and the turnround in that.

Back