Hummel kit

In an ideal world I would still prefer an Adidas or a Nike.

Just being honest.

In no way would I go out my way to specifically choose Hummel.

But they will do for the time being.

I suppose it's down to taste. But in my opinion, Nike and Adidas are common and don't stand out. Hummel in royal blue shouts Rangers!!
The crest should be embroidered on and maybe that’s been putting me off hummel a bit this season, I hope for better next season.

I'm sitting here in pair of the training shorts and the badge is sewn/embroidered on. Why do the kits not have this??

Only a theory but I think the reason behind the kits not being embroidered is that Hummel couldn't cope with the demand so it would be faster to have the badge stuck on rather than stitched into the kit.

That's what I'm saying. Yes I would.

the issue is that people have been 'told' to like Nike or Adidas, its the same as people buying 'Real Coca Cola' rather than Tescos own branded Cola... people have been conditioned to only like certain brands..
its a rather sad indictment of the commercial world we live in

the issue is that people have been 'told' to like Nike or Adidas, its the same as people buying 'Real Coca Cola' rather than Tescos own branded Cola... people have been conditioned to only like certain brands..
its a rather sad indictment of the commercial world we live in
100% with you on that. I would love to do a 'taste test' with all these people who talk about quality. Armani and all that shite, overpriced and targets mugs imo

100% with you on that. I would love to do a 'taste test' with all these people who talk about quality. Armani and all that shite, overpriced and targets mugs imo

all probably made in the same Vietnamese or Bangladeshi sweatshop factory as each other anyways...

Reactions: WBD
Very impressed so far. Love the home & away, training gear is quality. Absolutely detest the orange strip though, no effort whatsoever put into the design.
100 with in the 'orange' strip. Missed opportunity right there!

All the embroidered badge crew (I like embroidered and the rubber one) do know that the Real Madrid Adidas strip (just one of many) has had a rubber/iron on badge for years? Hummel arent the only brand to do it. It's commonplace. Not a problem for this bear and I have to say this season's home strip is superb. Not to sure about the picture/drawing of the new strip but I'll wait to see it in reality before judging.

Honestly much prefer the rubber badge, think it's smart. The players never play with the embroidered kit anyway, all theirs is "iron-on."

I know quality is important, but if it's Nike a s it's ugly. Jam.it. I think Hummel is excellent

I dont doubt we had other offers on the table but the board said the deal from hummel presented the best value !

Not to say nike , Adidad wern’t on the table but maybe with out few years of being taken advantage of they thought they could get us on the cheap!

Hummel seem proud to have us under they brand surely we have shown we can be their biggest assest which can no doubt push our next deal up come renewal wether that be with hummel or others!

Last edited:
I’m a label snob, always have been, always will be!

I didn’t even take to nike during their years, for me Adidas are number one but I’ve for to say, everything Hummel have done has been excellent

I've grown to like the Hummel tops too, and actually in the process of trying to buy the orange one, but can't find it anywhere in size M.

Gersstoreonline only have the long sleeved one available, and I live in Asia so unable to go into the shop in person.

I dont doubt we had other offers on the table but the board said the deal from hummel presented the best value !

Not to say nike , Adidad wern’t on the table but maybe with out few years of being taken advantage of they thought they could get us on the cheap!

Hummel seem proud to have us under they brand surely we have shown we can be their biggest assest which can no doubt push our next deal up come renewal wether that be with hummel or others!

I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again, Hummel won the right to produce our strip through a tender process. The club would have asked for expressions of interest. They would then have went through a tender process and evaluated all offers. Hummel obviously represented the best value so the club chose them.

I liked the kits this season, also liked the training stuff.

Hummel’s inability to meet demand was however completely unacceptable. I don’t accept the ‘the demand was unexpected’ pish. They had months to get their south East Asian sweatshops to produce more items and failed miserably. If the same happens this season, after they’ve had the advantage of understanding our world wide demand, then we need to be looking at the contract.

Hummel's design are quite decent, Embroidered badges/crests should be a given at those prices.
Would like Rangers to have been offered an Adidas or Umbro deal.

I was really disappointed with the design and quality of all 3 kits this year, expected much more as I like Hummel as a brand. I liked the training gear though.

Not to derail the thread (I liked the strips Hummel produced) will the new strips be available for a summer release as opposed to what happened at the start of this season?That was the most disappointing thing about the introduction of or new supplier.I know it was out of Hummels hands.

The fit of the kits this year is a shambles if im honest, still not sure if im a small or a medium! Plus the thin material makes ma beer gut stick out like a sore thumb :)):))

I liked the kits this season, also liked the training stuff.

Hummel’s inability to meet demand was however completely unacceptable. I don’t accept the ‘the demand was unexpected’ pish. They had months to get their south East Asian sweatshops to produce more items and failed miserably. If the same happens this season, after they’ve had the advantage of understanding our world wide demand, then we need to be looking at the contract.
"We need to be looking at the contract"
Really?
Have you missed the news on the recent court case?

Given our issues with SD I think Hummel have done really well this season.

Would Nike, or Adidas, or Umbro have stepped in given our own board had asked the fans to boycott buying strips?

Would the big brands have taken time to learn about our club?

Hummel will have paid handsomely for our business and in return they've helped us navigate a serious commercial situation, given us the orange strip we've wanted for years, set up two decent shops with a range of stock and seem interested in our club.

Plus, imo, the strips were great. I bought the home shirt and I'm really happy with it. Will buy next seasons too. I have no issues with the badge, mine hasn't faded, worn, cracked or otherwise.

I'd rather be Hummels biggest name and of value to them than just another Nike/Adidas strip that just looks like everyone else's and is just another contract to them.

The orange kit is a bit of an eyesore, but the home and away are absolutely class, and the quality of the gear can't be questioned.

Yes the badge is rubber, and I think we'd all rather have embroidered. But that doesn't suggest cheapness or lack of class. As someone pointed out, Madrid have the iron on too, and Man Utd have it with their adidas stripes on theirs.
Every kit they’ve made has been a copy of a previous kit of ours.

Can’t wait till we get a more professional brand.

Win yer neck in ffs.

This seasons home top is the best we’ve had since 11-12 home top which is also a big favourite of mine despite it being a living nightmare of a season

Reactions: WBD
I just hope the badge is embroidered next season.
The crest should be embroidered on and maybe that’s been putting me off hummel a bit this season, I hope for better next season.

The embroidered badges tend to ‘wrinkle up’ after a few washes. Nevertheless, I prefer them as well - but I don’t see it as a big issue. Can’t say I’ve seen many reports, in fact I can’t recall any, on here about problems with the current badge coming off so it obviously does the job.

Back