Hummel sign 10 year deal with Elite Group.

MichaelSeafarer

Found out some details regarding the Hummel/Elite Group relationship on Elite’s updated website.

“Elite Group are the Exclusive Brand Partner of Danish Football brand Hummel. We activate Bespoke kit programmes for all our clubs, and also manage some of our clubs retail and online operation. Elite Group have signed a 10 Year deal with Hummel to manage the UK Teamsports Business. We offer a UK specific collection, with all our stock held in the UK, offering excellent prices and delivery.”

Current strips have been heavily discounted, hopefully this means the Ashley stuff is gonna be sorted and we are going to have a proper release of the new stuff at the start of the summer

There's a court case in April where a judge will rule what, if anything we need to pay SD to terminate.

Maximum fee we could pay to get rid for. Good is £1m apparently.

Either way, we will Be rid of Ashley for good
I hope you are right. It will be a happy day for the club and supporters.

I’d gladly pay him £1 million to end this right now .

I’m sssuming this is good news elite tying in with Hummel .

In my opinion there is no way it will only be £1 million. His legal costs which we will have to pay will be well over this.

Be cautious over this £1m stuff. It is the figure quoted in the contract judging by the Court documents we’ve seen. However, in one of the earlier hearings SDI said it wasn’t anywhere near adequate and the Judge ‘appeared’ to be sympathetic to their case. SDI want to regain control - presumably out of spite, because they won’t make money on it - and we’ve already conceded we were in the wrong in the way we handled the Elite contract.

If £1m was going to see the Fat C*nt gone for good then Rangers would have paid it a long time ago.

All that said, the contract DOES seem to specify that £1m figure. It’s impossible to tell when the law will turn out to be an ass though.

12 April is the date for the ‘speedy trial’.

There's a court case in April where a judge will rule what, if anything we need to pay SD to terminate.

What about the mega store?

This would be almost as good as a league win.

Hopefully we can make that a good ticket office and get rid of the portakabin monstrosities we currently have

Charles Green plan was that mate and a new store put in the redevelopment of Edmiston House. As I’ve said before even a broken clock is accurate once or twice a day. However that plan was what should happen.

Charles Green plan was that mate and a new store put in the redevelopment of Edmiston House. As I’ve said before even a broken clock is accurate once or twice a day. However that plan was what should happen.

Agreed .

The day we can get those horrible portakabins away to Fck will truly be a great day for the club . A perpetual embarrassment.

Be cautious over this £1m stuff. It is the figure quoted in the contract judging by the Court documents we’ve seen. However, in one of the earlier hearings SDI said it wasn’t anywhere near adequate and the Judge ‘appeared’ to be sympathetic to their case. SDI want to regain control - presumably out of spite, because they won’t make money on it - and we’ve already conceded we were in the wrong in the way we handled the Elite contract.

If £1m was going to see the Fat C*nt gone for good then Rangers would have paid it a long time ago.

All that said, the contract DOES seem to specify that £1m figure. It’s impossible to tell when the law will turn out to be an ass though.

Seems as though this still has a way to go, hopefully a positive outcome, £1m payoff to be rid of MA would be a result.

What was the 3m we paid not long ago for then ? I thought that was to get rid of the fat Bastard.

Time to sing and dance when it happens ................ not the deal but when he's dead I mean, he's just a horrible excuse for a human being, wild pigs should be let loose to eat his body so that he can serve some useful purpose in this world.:))s.

I hope this gets resolved soon & we also finally get the shop at Ibrox back under our wing.

Passed by it yesterday on the way out of the Argyle House Restaurant. The shop was dead on it’s arse as per, still with the advertising for last seasons kits still prominent. Ended up driving into town to take my boys to the shop at St Enochs.

Rangers made a mistake by signing the contract giving SD continued chance to match, we signed it our mistake. SD signed the contract with the £1m figure in , their mistake , you can’t go back and say “ we signed that , but now we don’t want to”.

Is that true? I'd happily chip in if it is. I'll celebrate the day we're rid of the fat scumbag - both from the club and the earth.

Unless it includes getting the megastore back we will not be rid of him for good.

Rangers made a mistake by signing the contract giving SD continued chance to match, we signed it our mistake. SD signed the contract with the £1m figure in , their mistake , you can’t go back and say “ we signed that , but now we don’t want to”.

A positive attitude. However, the fact that the Judge even expressed an opinion at the earlier hearing rather than dismissing the ‘£1m isn’t enough’ claim out of hand suggests it may not be so simple. As I suggested earlier, we’ve seen enough in the last few years to know that the law is often an ass. I’d like to think you are correct but I am far from optimistic. Quite the opposite, in fact. I desperately want rid if him but I don’t see it being for that figure - if at all.:eek::(

If we could be rid of him permanently for £1m this case would have been settled ages ago. We must be close to that figure in fees alone by now.

There’s a few of us follow the legal case as closely as we can. Most are just laymen like me but @Marty101 on here is a lawyer and often pops in with his opinion. None of us know what the outcome will be but, I think it’s fair to say, the levels of optimism are not high.

Last edited:
I've always been interested in the legal aspects of the contract we signed. It was not full board, was days before board were ousted, and was favourable to someone they'd been taking loans from.

Surely a judge can see that this was a spiteful f*** you by the spivs? How can a judge reckon this was signed in good faith?

The fat wank will be prepared to lose money to fuk with us. I'm convinced of it.

A positive attitude. However, the fact that the Judge even expressed an opinion at the earlier hearing rather than dismissing the ‘£1m isn’t enough’ claim out of hand suggests it may not be so simple. As I suggested earlier, we’ve seen enough in the last few years to know that the law is often an ass. I’d like to think you are correct but I am far from optimistic. Quite the opposite, in fact. I desperately want rid if him but I don’t see it being for that figure - if at all.:eek::(

If we could be rid of him permanently for £1m this case would have been settled ages ago. We must be close to that figure in fees alone by now.

There’s a few of us follow the legal case as closely as we can. Most are just laymen like me but @Marty101 on here is a lawyer and often pops in with his opinion. None of us know what the outcome will be but, I think it’s fair to say, the levels of optimism are not high.

Surely a judge shouldnt be expressing any feelings either way, he should just be looking at the facts.

Even if he was going to sympathise with SD that £1m was way below what loss of earnings would be, he should also consider how we've been screwed over throughout the deal?

Surely a judge shouldnt be expressing any feelings either way, he should just be looking at the facts.

Even if he was going to sympathise with SD that £1m was way below what loss of earnings would be, he should also consider how we've been screwed over throughout the deal?

Your two paragraphs could be construed as contradictory. Yes, we were screwed over - however, the 'facts' of the case may well be that we were 'screwed over' by a contract that we willingly signed. Remember, the case is about the contract we signed with SDI the year before last - under the current Board's watch.

We will lose the case, in fact I'd ague we've lost it already. What we need is for the Judge to take a pragmatic view (and set some of the 'facts' aside) and acknowledge that the relationship has irretrievably broken down and that it needs to be terminated. The sting in the tail for us will be whether he reaches that decision and how much it costs us. At best, we get shot for £1m, which would be a real 'win' for us. At worst, the Judge might order us to ditch Elite, go back to SDI and ALSO pay SDI damages - which would be catastrophic.:(

I guess my main point is that we need to be wary of misplaced, and misguided, optimism. This might go our way - but we're a couple of goals down with 15 minutes to play.

Last edited:

The continued chance to match would have already been in the existing deal so we would have been in this situation anyway in terms of matching.

Back