Hummel Transfer Centre (January 2019)

Edmond Dantes

Jermaine Defoe: signed on 18 month loan. The dogs may bark but the Stevie G express train just got a brand new driver. Officially on the website .

Jordan Jones:
pre contract signed. May still join early.

Steven Davis:
Back for 55, officially on website.

Glen Kamara: Signed a pre contract, may still join early.

Lawrence Shankland: Rumoured to have signed for us and Swansea and interest from the filth. Boyhood bear.

Vassilis Lambropoulos: Aek Athens CB coming to the end of his contract rumoured to be of interest.

Dominic Solanke: Palace Medical cancelled, still going to be rumours yet.

Fran Sol: willem II spanish striker of Real Madrid youth.

Lewis MacLeod: Tentative link to a pre contract with banter years highlight Lewis Macleod seems like an Agent drumming up interest more than anything.

Tom Eaves: we have been linked in the press to Gillingham striker Tom Eaves for a transfer. Has been in good form for a league one club.
Trials

Andrew Gutman: American college left back prospect reported to have been offered a contract.

Matt Polster: American Chicago fire player highly rated with history of injuries. Rumoured to have been offered a contract.

Tenuous rumours:

Andreas Skov Olsen is a Danish footballer who plays as a winger for FC Nordsjælland

Kevin Mcdonald:Not the first time we have been linked with the Fulham midfielder but according to the Rhecord he is a backup to Davis. I doubt there is anything in this one.

Skirtel: Same old lazy journalism and possible agent talks if you ask me. We don't need him and he doesn't fit our project so it makes no sense.

Recalled loans:
Greg Docherty and Ryan Hardie are both performing well on loan and SG rumoured to be considering recalling them.

Out.
Looking to offload Pena and Herrera, likely to recieve bids for Tavernier and Morelos but that we are not receptive unless they are very large bids. Rumours that we may sell Foderingham. Still strong rumours Wallace is for the off to Bristol city.

Pena looks like he might be off to Turkey.

Last edited:
I don't want Jones signed either, but if it happens hopefully I'm wrong about him.

Fran Sol has a good record for Willem II and looks the type who could adapt to British football. Always hard to know for certain mind you.

Jordan Jones is a wide player who doesn't score much, look at his goals record in his career so far

He's decent but we need another genuine goal threat in the team

I'd be interested to see if there was any truth in the rumour about the young Danish winger, Andreas Skov Olsen

Plays on the right hand side and has 11 goals in 20 games in the Danish league, 19 years old

Exactly the kind of player we should be looking at.

Billy sharp even at 32 would cost us £5 million +
Not a chance he has moved twice in last few years both times for under £1 million and sheff United would be easy to deal with given his service and standing with them

Not a chance he has moved twice in last few years both times for under £1 million and sheff United would be easy to deal with given his service and standing with them
Regardless of fee, he’s joint top goal scorer in the championship. Playing for a club he’s a loyal servant to why would he consider joining us?

I don’t think we’d be able to massively increase his wages so it can’t be that.

I hope we don’t recall Hardie. He’ll develop more at Livie.

Also, isn’t that just OPs opinion?

The manager has said he'd consider recalling Hardie. We obviously need a striker and, while I have no doubt we'll look at other options, Hardie is a possibility.

Forget about Solanke. Admiral Southgate holds him in high regard and looks down his nose at our league...

To be fair our league is terrible once it became clear Arsenal we’re going to get totally pumped I watch a bit of the HIV v Hertz game the standard is quite dreadful and I mean dreadful. No one would choose to watch it.

If Gerrard and Allen thinks he is that’ll do for me.

They thought Sadiq and Ejaria were going to be important pieces of the jigsaw. :eek:

As always, if Jones becomes a rangers player - he’ll get my full support. I just don’t think we need another winger who seldom scores or creates anything.

2 goals (both of which were scored in the last two games) and 0 assists this season.

Glen Kamara would be a good addition. Really good technical midfielder who can tackle. Apparently going to Cardiff though.

Jamie Murphy is the player we need.

The formation we play, we need the wingers to be chipping in with goals, Murphy scored and assisted lots last season.

The signing of Davis will also mean more chances for our forwards as Davis has a killer pass.

If we’re playing the dross of the league then a midfield 3 of Jack, Davis and Arfield will suffice. With Murphy, Morelos and Kent in front.

Against the Tims I’d play the same midfield as 3 yesterday.

They thought Sadiq and Ejaria were going to be important pieces of the jigsaw. :eek:

As always, if Jones becomes a rangers player - he’ll get my full support. I just don’t think we need another winger who seldom scores or creates anything.

2 goals (both of which were scored in the last two games) and 0 assists this season.
Tbf ot sure they can factor in Ejaria being homesick...he did look like a player in parts. Sadiq was a failure but there has never been a manager / dof with 100% success rate.

Jamie Murphy is the player we need.

The formation we play, we need the wingers to be chipping in with goals, Murphy scored and assisted lots last season.

The signing of Davis will also mean more chances for our forwards as Davis has a killer pass.

If we’re playing the dross of the league then a midfield 3 of Jack, Davis and Arfield will suffice. With Murphy, Morelos and Kent in front.

Against the Tims I’d play the same midfield as 3 yesterday.

How longs Murphy away from coming back??

What a boost that would be for the run in

Given PL clubs are apparently in for Solanke that scuppers any hopes of that I'd have thought.

Davis is a no brainer,Sol sounds interesting.We could do with a goalscoring midfielder but who I've no idea.Three players in is what I'd like to see if possible.

If Murphy looks like being ready by Februaury I'd be tempted to send Grezda out on loan for the remainder of the season-along with Rossiter,Wallace and Foderingham going out the door in one way or another also as they're not likely to see much if any sort of gametime and the wages could be better spent.

Back