Hummel Transfer Centre (January 2019)

Graeme Shinnie is a poor mans Andy Halliday.
As great as AH has been this season and as much as we all love him, when we have a fully fit squad to choose from he is going to struggle to get into the 11.

I don’t see where GS fits into our SQUAD.

@DocStone Any news on shinnie?

Guys, as you should all know by now, I try not to do rumours or hints (well, apart from THAT transfer thread which was just so much fun) I just post what I know when I am allowed to post it.

At the moment I have heard nothing about any further transfer news apart from we are still hopeful Kamara will join us for the second half of the season.

I am not sitting on any info, I have no news I have been told not to share. I also have no news I have been told to say I have no news about.

If I hear anything, and I am allowed to pass it on I will. If I don't, I won't. You know the script.

Not as good patter as someone shitting their pants like a wee lassie over us signing a freebie.
Just because he is free doesn’t mean there is no money involved, you do get that?

It just means he’ll get a bigger wage and signing on fee, which is a waste of our finances. The guy is chronic and nowhere near the level we need to be targeting, not even as backup.

I’m with you mate. Assuming the wages are modest, I think Shinnie is a good squad player. He’s all blood and guts, and lets face it, in our league that counts for a fair amount. We need players to beat the “wee” teams as much as we need players to beat the top sides.

I genuinely can’t understand people losing their shit over this. No outlay, low wages, a decent player and the bonus ball that the sheep will be raging.
Well I'm convinced!

It's the Marvin Andrews signing all over again.

As great as AH has been this season and as much as we all love him, when we have a fully fit squad to choose from he is going to struggle to get into the 11.

Better left back than Halliday, and Wallace.

Guys, as you should all know by now, I try not to do rumours or hints (well, apart from THAT transfer thread which was just so much fun) I just post what I know when I am allowed to post it.

At the moment I have heard nothing about any further transfer news apart from we are still hopeful Kamara will join us for the second half of the season.

I am not sitting on any info, I have no news I have been told not to share. I also have no news I have been told to say I have no news about.

If I hear anything, and I am allowed to pass it on I will. If I don't, I won't. You know the script.
Can you at least put up some of the song playlist you had during that last day of the summer transfer window - some amazing tunes that were previously unknown to me

GRAEME SHINNIE is set to sign a pre-contract agreement with Wigan Athletic.

SunSport understands Aberdeen skipper Shinnie will quit Pittodrie in the summer, with the Latics in pole position to snap him up

The Sun

Take it for what’s its worth

Not clear enough. Humph.

:D

See if you were on the outside looking in you’d be baffled at someone making that statement against a player who -

Makes the national squad regularly vs someone with zero caps.

Captained Inverness to win the Scottish cup vs someone who’s never won it.

Captains Aberdeen, a team who have finished above since we’ve returned Vs someone who until this season we never wanted to see him play for us again and was also banished off to Azerbaijan on loan.

Halliday has been improved from being an absolute joke previously, why wouldn’t Shinnie improve under better coaching and around better players?

I get he’s not everyone cuppa tea, that’s fine and I’m going to be defensive but poor man’s statement is just ridiculous.

See if you were on the outside looking in you’d be baffled at someone making that statement against a player who -

Makes the national squad regularly vs someone with zero caps.

Captained Inverness to win the Scottish cup vs someone who’s never won it.

Captains Aberdeen, a team who have finished above since we’ve returned Vs someone who until this season we never wanted to see him play for us again and was also banished off to Azerbaijan on loan.

Halliday has been improved from being an absolute joke previously, why wouldn’t Shinnie improve under better coaching and around better players?

I get he’s not everyone cuppa tea, that’s fine and I’m going to be defensive but poor man’s statement is just ridiculous.

Our national squad is an irrelevance. So because he has captained a team to one Scottish cup and a team who have finished above us in the league when we had Murty and Caixinha in charge, you have came to the conclusion he is good enough for us?

Let’s talk about our club going forward and GS attributes, what does he offer us?

Is he better than any of our midfielders? Davis, Arfield, Dorrans, Jack, McCrorie, Kamara, Halliday? In my opinion he is not as good as any of them.

What does he offer or bring to us that none of the above do?

Our national squad is an irrelevance. So because he has captained a team to one Scottish cup and a team who have finished above us in the league when we had Murty and Caixinha in charge, you have came to the conclusion he is good enough for us?

Let’s talk about our club going forward and GS attributes, what does he offer us?

Is he better than any of our midfielders? Davis, Arfield, Dorrans, Jack, McCrorie, Kamara, Halliday? In my opinion he is not as good as any of them.

What does he offer or bring to us that none of the above do?

I never said he was good enough for us? I said he’s better than Halliday, hence why I replied and gave reasons against your statement saying he’s a poor man’s Halliday.

Only other thing I'll say regarding shinnie is look how many folk didn't want Jack when we signed him. Everyone said he hid in the big games and was never good enough for rangers but turned out quality. I don't want shinnie but it's a positive way to look at it that he could end up like Jack did and becoming a key player but I myself can't see it turning out like that

I reckon we are just a top centre half away from being certainties for the title.
If we added a little bit of additional quality to the back I'd fancy us stronger than a strong thing with big bulging Fatima Whitbread baws and biceps!!

Shinnie would have been needless signing. He would have been a squad player at most and we have them in abundance.

McCrorie, Jack and Kamara cover the defensive midfield options for us now, IMO. We also have Halliday who can play in there in an emergency.

We’ve got Davis and Arfield as the attacking options with Dorrans to come back in. In the summer we still need a quality addition in the number 10 role. Arfield, with a new addition and Dorrans can play in that role. Davis signing permanently would also be good if he impresses.

Defensive wise, 2 CB’s are needed in the summer. McAuley and Worrall will most likely be away, a permanent addition and a loan would suffice.

We also need to add to our options on the right wing. Candieas is a workhorse but lacks quality in the final third.

If we have Kent signing permanently, that is a massive boost. With Murphy and Kent, we have two of the best wingers in the league. Middleton for me is our backup for both wings.

Only other thing I'll say regarding shinnie is look how many folk didn't want Jack when we signed him. Everyone said he hid in the big games and was never good enough for rangers but turned out quality. I don't want shinnie but it's a positive way to look at it that he could end up like Jack did and becoming a key player but I myself can't see it turning out like that

Shinnie is a very decent player who can play at a moderately high level as a left back, a holding mid or a deep playmaker and at an acceptable level at centre back. We may dislike him but that’s a marker of us noticing him. He is not better than any of our first choices for any of those roles - Barisic, Jack, Davis or Goldson. We’ve lacked a playmaker role and the Aberdeen dynamic of Jack laying the ball off to Shinnie to build play worked but we now have purchased astutely. He is not better than our second choice in some of them - McCrorie and all our CBs are better. Shinnie is a better left back than Halliday. And we have no second choice playmaker now. Kamara will be it when he signs but his quality is uncertain. I think he’s better than Shinnie but time will tell. Shinnie is a lot better than our third choices in all the roles.

He does not improve our first team but he is a very useful squad player who would see game time given his versatility. Much as I love Halliday playing his way back, Shinnie is an upgrade on him in quality in all positions and with a little more flexibility.

Don’t see it happening and looks like he’s off down south but there is no point in denying his attributes.

Shinnie would have been needless signing. He would have been a squad player at most and we have them in abundance.

McCrorie, Jack and Kamara cover the defensive midfield options for us now, IMO. We also have Halliday who can play in there in an emergency.

We’ve got Davis and Arfield as the attacking options with Dorrans to come back in. In the summer we still need a quality addition in the number 10 role. Arfield, with a new addition and Dorrans can play in that role. Davis signing permanently would also be good if he impresses.

Defensive wise, 2 CB’s are needed in the summer. McAuley and Worrall will most likely be away, a permanent addition and a loan would suffice.

We also need to add to our options on the right wing. Candieas is a workhorse but lacks quality in the final third.

If we have Kent signing permanently, that is a massive boost. With Murphy and Kent, we have two of the best wingers in the league. Middleton for me is our backup for both wings.
Agree with majority of this apart from Kamara isn’t a holding midfielder.

Just because he is free doesn’t mean there is no money involved, you do get that?

It just means he’ll get a bigger wage and signing on fee, which is a waste of our finances. The guy is chronic and nowhere near the level we need to be targeting, not even as backup.

Nah, until you said that, I was thinking he'd be playing for free.

Shinnie would be an ok signing on a free provided we needed another defensive midfielder - which we don’t as we have loads of players capable of playing that position.

Shinnie is a very decent player who can play at a moderately high level as a left back, a holding mid or a deep playmaker and at an acceptable level at centre back. We may dislike him but that’s a marker of us noticing him. He is not better than any of our first choices for any of those roles - Barisic, Jack, Davis or Goldson. We’ve lacked a playmaker role and the Aberdeen dynamic of Jack laying the ball off to Shinnie to build play worked but we now have purchased astutely. He is not better than our second choice in some of them - McCrorie and all our CBs are better. Shinnie is a better left back than Halliday. And we have no second choice playmaker now. Kamara will be it when he signs but his quality is uncertain. I think he’s better than Shinnie but time will tell. Shinnie is a lot better than our third choices in all the roles.

He does not improve our first team but he is a very useful squad player who would see game time given his versatility. Much as I love Halliday playing his way back, Shinnie is an upgrade on him in quality in all positions and with a little more flexibility.

Don’t see it happening and looks like he’s off down south but there is no point in denying his attributes.

“Very decent” and “moderately high level” you say. You his agent ?
Sounds like an Aberdeen or Wigan player to me bud.

Back