Hummel

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hummel doesn't fit with his Kappa tracksuit, New Balance Trainers and Burberry baseball cap.....
Didn't know you could still get kappa tracksuits, cheers for the heads up though, where'd you go for yours, and did you go for new balance trainers or just the hi tech or nicks with your tracksuit ?:D

Hummel apparently were the ONLY kit manufacturer to allow Rangers full control of kit. Puma, adidas etc were happy to provide kit, however Rangers would have to go through a third party. Adidas also wanted control of merch in the shop.

Hummel are also going to provide certain bespoke clothing items for the store inc trainers. We are also going to be able to buy goalie strips and exact replica training gear.

The home and away strips are also different in design and apparently far better quality.
I don’t know wheee you get your info but this is the level of service we should receive.

What are you smoking? They have champions league exposure and we are currently a distant second place nevermind our financial and commercial troubles recently.

Get a grip
The starting point for a competent board would have been:

Scotland's most successful club.
Scotland's biggest fanbase
Scotland's biggest average attendancies
Scotland's biggest selling football jersey's
Scotland's biggest tv audiences

So anything less than the bheasts from the east is not worth entertaining.

But, oh no. Let's just f.ucking undersell ourselves and f.uck ambition.

Our board must love people like you as they can get away with mediocrity and lack of ambition.

Our board must love people like you as they can get away with mediocrity and lack of ambition.

most of which , while attractive to a potential partner, is hindered by the past 8 years of turmoil, chaos and ineptitude...

blame the board all you like, but from the rumours, I severely doubt our club, until it is properly in a stronger position, will be able to attract a better deal.

I’m not getting the hate for Hummel here surely if the figures are true it’s as good as we can get just now? It’s not a catwalk parade we need to win

You dont just go from essentially 0 income from merchandise to beating the top earners in Scotland in one deal. We make this one successful and begin to rebuild our brand again.

It's's not talking down the club - we've had to rebuild our stature after the chaos of most of this decade. If we don't realise that it will take time then we will never get back to the top financially or on the pitch .

I’d say the liquid lunches aren’t a good idea but you always talk this amount of shite.

The mentally challengeds are about to win their 7th title in a row and are regularly in the CL. You need a reality check.

most of which , while attractive to a potential partner, is hindered by the past 8 years of turmoil, chaos and ineptitude...

blame the board all you like, but from the rumours, I severely doubt our club, until it is properly in a stronger position, will be able to attract a better deal.
In the same breath I doubt Juve's commercial deals were impacted when they were relegated from Serie A.

A dynamic, aggressive, ruthless board would have ensured a far better deal for us. One look at our board and you can see why companies can get their own way with us. There is weakness all over the place.

In the same breath I doubt Juve's commercial deals were impacted when they were relegated from Serie A.

A dynamic, aggressive, ruthless board would have ensured a far better deal for us. One look at our board and you can see why companies can get their own way with us. There is weakness all over the place.

its difficult to compare our situation with Juventus... unlike here, Italy didn't try to kill them, and they didn't have cowboys and charlatans running them into the ground

its difficult to compare our situation with Juventus... unlike here, Italy didn't try to kill them, and they didn't have cowboys and charlatans running them into the ground
The very least we should have is parity with the mentally challengeds. Anything less is a failing of our board.

They have a larger fanbase than us. Maybe not in Scotland but definitely globally.

in an ideal world, I agree...

but this is not an ideal world
IMO our boards tummy's are easily ticked on things like this mate. They do not have the ruthless streak to really strike a proper deal in the very best interests of Rangers Football Club and all of us who follow it.

IMO our boards tummy's are easily ticked on things like this mate. They do not have the ruthless streak to really strike a proper deal in the very best interests of Rangers Football Club and all of us who follow it.

im not going to get into an argument about the board, we have what we have, unless you know lots of multi-millionaires or a billionaire willing to pour money into the club...

The very least we should have is parity with the mentally challengeds. Anything less is a failing of our board.

It's worth noting that all the publicity about the Dhims deal refers to a figure 'up to' £30m over 5 years. That could mean absolutely anything. I think someone posted some figures from their accounts recently that showed they made a profit from merchandising - all merchandising not just the strips and clothing - last year of circa £7m.

When comparing to anything regarding the Dhims you have to allow for smoke and mirrors.

It'll look fine. Let's just buy thousands of them for all the kids to run around in. After all the boycotts and Ashley etc its good to be getting back on track. The next deal will be much bigger

I cant work out if its hilarious or humiliating seeing grown men get upset about a football top!!

Some of the replies and metdiwns are absolute gold. I could get it if its 17 years old but its grown men:D

Back in my day you simply wore a Rangers scarf that your Grannie had knitted for you. Probably get ridiculed these days for not being 'cool' or 'upmarket' enough. Has to be cashmere LOL.

This thread is sure showing up the fans that act like tims and wear the strip 24/7.

We have just ageeed a deal for 10x a season what we earned last year.

Let that sink in. Over 3m a year we didn’t have.

What sort of manager will that help pay?

What kind of player could we buy for 3m each summer?

This isn’t 1999, we aren’t in the champions league.

One of the nicest looking strips I've ever witnessed...
pgXRiSc.jpg

Hummel apparently were the ONLY kit manufacturer to allow Rangers full control of kit. Puma, adidas etc were happy to provide kit, however Rangers would have to go through a third party. Adidas also wanted control of merch in the shop.

Hummel are also going to provide certain bespoke clothing items for the store inc trainers. We are also going to be able to buy goalie strips and exact replica training gear.

The home and away strips are also different in design and apparently far better quality.
Sounds good to me. People needs to realise that we may not be the draw that we think we are just yet. If this kit deal sees us through a league win then our next sponsor will be better.

They have a larger fanbase than us. Maybe not in Scotland but definitely globally.

Check merchandise sales figures. The top ones as far is I saw were Rangers. Without any of the adjusting for inflation nonsense either.

I checked Celtic 2003 and last year where I assumed they'd have done very well. Neither got close to the orange top year for Rangers.

As far as I could tell, our two best years were better than their best.

I'm happy for someone to be more thorough though.

You'd assume that their pure massive global fan base would topple our highest years though...considering they're 10+ years ago now.

Glad you're happy with a pretty shit sports brand and a financial deal much less than the mentally challengeds. You crack on pal.

Talk about lowering of standards and expectations !! :rolleyes:
We have hundreds of posts on something we have no facts on.
No yearly figure?
Is it money up front?
What is the length of the deal?

Although having no facts is hardly a reason not to start a thread.

We have the usual suspects on here ... well one in particular ....trying to get likes going for a populist view point ie board bashing just for the sake of it, for the proposed kit deal with Hummel. 3.4m per season with further payments to the club for reaching sales targets etc is a very good deal taking everything into account.

Put a couple of people on hide and the thread doesn't seem as bat shit bonkers

just out of interest

Middlebroughs view:
Boro CEO Neil Bausor said: “We’re delighted to join up with Hummel once again, as our official technical kit supplier. The name Hummel is synonymous with Middlesbrough Football Club as it being the kit worn during a very significant time in our history, and this is important to us.

“There were several options open to us, but we were keen to work with Hummel for a number of reasons. They have an understanding of our heritage and they have shown a real desire to work with the local community during the course of this partnership, and that fits in with the ethos we have as a club.

“They also have a flexible approach, and I think our fans will appreciate the look of next season’s bespoke kit design.”

Hummels view:
Allan Vad Nielson, CEO of Hummel International said: "We are delighted to have been selected as the club’s new Technical Sponsor. Boro are a club with whom we share a true football heritage and when the chance came to reconnect with them again, it was an opportunity we jumped at immediately.

“From our first meetings, it was clearly evident that the Spirit of ’86 was very much still alive within the club and that as businesses we share so many common values. We believe that over the next few years, as we did back in 86/87, together we will achieve great things both on and off the field and we look forward to providing the players, staff and loyal fans of Boro with exceptional products that will proudly carry the Boro crest.”

Always baffles me how folk on here manage to twist there pants without actually knowing any facts.

If you don't like the board so be it, I'm the same.

But basically arguing because it isn't Nike or Adidas, that's what it comes down to... You can dress it up all you like but that's all it is at the moment.

Wild.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back