Hummel

Status
Not open for further replies.
Having read through the comments on here and particularly the Middlesborough one I'm starting to change my mind over Hummel. At first I thought it's not Adidas or Nike and looking at all the sports gear my daughter (14) wears which is 90% those 2 brands and all her pals are the same I was disappointed in us going with Hummel as I thought the young team won't buy any of the gear. However the money we got plus thinking back when we had Dioadora or Admiral I still bought the home top then hopefully this will actually work out.
Looking forward to seeing us being Hummel's number 1 client & I hope they do tap into the retro thing

Ginola in a Hummel strip

Pony?
tottenham-hotspur-david-ginola-449-merlin-premier-league-98-football-sticker-58133-p.jpg

Im not saying this is gospel but i would have thought that the deal would have went along the lines of

Rangers ask for expressions of interest in being our new kit/merchandise suppliers
Once received Rangers then start a tender process
All interested parties put forward tenders/pricing/terms and conditions
Once received those tenders are evaluated for worth to the club

On conclusion of this evaluation Hummel made the best offer to the club in terms of the over all package.

We accepted Hummels offer.

I would imagine this was exactly the case.

I'm happy that it's Hummel. The brand makes little difference to me as long as the kit is good quality and a decent design.

However, like all things with this board I wonder if this is the truly best deal we could have got or if we have slightly more competent people in certain positions whether we could have wangled a better deal.

Until the board start showing they are excelling in a number of areas there are always going to be, rightly so, questions of whether they've done the best.

It's a far better deal that we were on and hopefully they've set a target which the fans can smash through and make real profits for us with.

Im not saying this is gospel but i would have thought that the deal would have went along the lines of

Rangers ask for expressions of interest in being our new kit/merchandise suppliers
Once received Rangers then start a tender process
All interested parties put forward tenders/pricing/terms and conditions
Once received those tenders are evaluated for worth to the club

On conclusion of this evaluation Hummel made the best offer to the club in terms of the over all package.

We accepted Hummels offer.
An incredibly sensible post in a sea of absolute madness.

People greeting like weans because it's not Nike or Adidas.
How do any of these posters know these companies were even interested?
Would they rather we went to them cap in hand just so we can have a wee 'swoosh' on our gear?

The one constant on here all week has been the line that 'the board are businessmen, not football men'. On the face of it, it looks like they've done a cracking bit of business.

Legitimately questioning the commercial department isn't greeting cause it's not Nike or Adidas. No one should be immune to criticism.

I'm not to fussed who makes the kit as long as it's nice but if Hummel offered me £3.4m and I really wanted Nike or Adidas but they only offered me £2m I'm sorry but there is only one winner. Do we not think Madrid and Man Utd are not going to the highest bidder. People moan on here about The Rangers Board looking for the best deal out there have we got proof that somebody offered more than Hummel.

In honesty, I was not impressed with they thought of Hummel initially, I places it as something akin to sports gear bought at a trophy engraving shop.

However, logic slowly overtook heart, in what is the best deal for the club, which is what is most important now. Also looking back they have done some lovely stuff.

I only pray there is no Chevrons, I think they cheapen the look.

I will await their offering to judge it on its own merit.

I'd like to understand the details of the contract. Like I said, I'm not fussed about it being Hummel in terms of brand / fashion issues.

Are they going to be able to stock it as well as the other brands in various outlets?

Why the cash value seems good, if the bonuses for selling certain numbers of strips are worth it to the club, are they going to be able to produce the number of tops we require.

Despite the team being a royal farce just now, I could see this strip breaking records for sales if it's done properly. The suppliers have to be up to the job. You'd hope the board have considered that ahead of the simple value upfront on the contract.

Good for you. I assume you're 12 so you can spend the money on video games instead of giving the club money.
I give the club plenty, over £700 a year for season tickets to watch the dirge on show most weeks for my son and myself , try again!

Like the other poster said, here's what likely happened:

1. We go out to tender
- Tender specification has specific scoring mechanisms
- Including: price, turnaround, designs, etc. (most emphasis probably on money generated for the club)
2. Companies register intent to tender and respond on the above
3. Every company who tenders treated equally
4. Best score is chosen

I'm not sure how we could have done it any more business-orientated than that.

The same will happen with our retail partner, though nobody has as much chance as winning as SD.

I would link you but it wasn't linkable it seems. If you go on to the BARB website and search for old firm dates, over both channels they are shown on they get between 250,000-600,000.

Also, I get that not everyone can afford to watch and they pirate and such, but seeing Man Utd vs (anyone) beating our biggest game by hundreds of thousands is sad.

Is that figure including pubs houses and SCs up and down the country with tens or hundreds watching?

Also worth remembering that a strong percentage of those viewing EPL games are no marks from backwater countries who support a brand rather than a team.

I would link you but it wasn't linkable it seems. If you go on to the BARB website and search for old firm dates, over both channels they are shown on they get between 250,000-600,000.

Also, I get that not everyone can afford to watch and they pirate and such, but seeing Man Utd vs (anyone) beating our biggest game by hundreds of thousands is sad.
Thats only in the UK.

It goes into the millions. Really Flawed argument.

This is a great shirt!

tenerife.jpg

(Before anyone wets their panties at a Saltire I fly it and the Union Jack ffs :) )

Thats only in the UK.

It goes into the millions. Really Flawed argument.
Is that figure including pubs houses and SCs up and down the country with tens or hundreds watching?

Also worth remembering that a strong percentage of those viewing EPL games are no marks from backwater countries who support a brand rather than a team.

Indeed you are both right. Come to think of it now, those numbers definitely are misleading.

Rangers TV would add a fair few also.

Excuse me taking the figures at face value :p

Also does anyone have a number for how pirated our games are? Odd question I know but I'd be really curious to know

Indeed you are both right. Come to think of it now, those numbers definitely are misleading.

Rangers TV would add a fair few also.

Excuse me taking the figures at face value :p

Also does anyone have a number for how pirated our games are? Odd question I know but I'd be really curious to know

Yer forgiven mate. Plenty are pirated the old firm pishes all over most and certainly any 'derby' from Engerland

Legitimately questioning the commercial department isn't greeting cause it's not Nike or Adidas. No one should be immune to criticism.

The reason is that they were not prepared to allow us to have control over our merch. Hummell are asking what we want, not what we can get.

Our sponsorships focus on uniqueness. Unique culture, values and individuals daring to break conventions in order to reach their goals. We also look for the underdogs - those who rarely win, but where the soul, legacy and dreams are sometimes even bigger. Because for us it is about more than providing quality jerseys and equipment – it is about showing our belief in each and every player, team and fan - as we are fellow soulmates in the pursuit of a victorious dream.

Lifted straight from their football sponsorship pages - Aye cheers Hummel

As much as I warmed to the mock ups I really hope there’s no chevrons. Canny be dealin wae nae chevrons.

One of our best kits of the 90's had large Adidas chevrons on the shoulders though. I suspect that is where they will be, in white on the shoulder of the kit.

I would rather have a $4m player in a Hummel top than a $1m player in a Nike or Adidas top

And that’s what we have to remember - the more money we get in, the more we have to strengthen the team.
That's exactly what it comes down to the more money we have coming in a year the better player on the park

Our sponsorships focus on uniqueness. Unique culture, values and individuals daring to break conventions in order to reach their goals. We also look for the underdogs - those who rarely win, but where the soul, legacy and dreams are sometimes even bigger. Because for us it is about more than providing quality jerseys and equipment – it is about showing our belief in each and every player, team and fan - as we are fellow soulmates in the pursuit of a victorious dream.

Lifted straight from their football sponsorship pages - Aye cheers Hummel

Why not focus on the sentence before the 'underdogs' nonsense and bring a bit of positivity rather than being on a downer?

Our sponsorships focus on uniqueness. Unique culture, values and individuals daring to break conventions in order to reach their goals.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back