Humza warns us to stay away on Saturday

yet club at the pedodome allowed greenbrigade in pedodome to put up terrorist flags . feck all said about that.

There was no spike after the celebrations weeks ago and that was when the virus was around more
Imo they should be thanking us for that, saying it can be done instead of secretly hoping there would be, i honestly think that was the case.

The faux outrage about this is as predictable as it is unnecessary.

Covid is as good as done in the UK, at least in terms of hospitalisation and serious illnesses and there's limited evidence of outdoor transmission in any case.

I hope and think the police will be sensible but this is a perfect example of where governments and the police should plan for what will happen and not what they want to happen.

The sheer hypocrisy as well as if it was Celtic in this position I doubt we'd be getting half as much fuss (not nearly as much outrage at their shark throwing outrage in December at the height of the second wave for starters). It also seems fine for people and politicians to pick and choose when a cause is worthy enough to breach regulations - either everything is banned or everything is allowed.

Or are we essentially saying you can't leave the house other than to protest about events happening miles and miles away?

Kindly blow it out your ass.

I'd say the government are being naive but it's more likely a deliberate attempt to further demonise the support once crowds inevitably gather. In other words, like all things SNP it is a decision taken to further their politics rather than giving a toss what is best for the people.

As has been mentioned in the past, if we are being grown up about it then a safe outdoor space would be organised to let people responsibly enjoy a significant milestone in their lives. Mental well being is just as important to public health and there's a lot of small business crushed by recent COVID measures that would benefit greatly from such a controlled event.

Stay safe Bears, but also don't let anyone take this moment away from you. We bloody earned this day.

Honestly f*ck what they say, are you going to look back on this in 10 year time and say "Thank god I listened to the message and stayed away, keeping myself safe from that 0.01% chance ill pick it up outside catch it and die" or "thank god I used my own sense as a human being and went to celebrate one of the clubs greatest days in history"

What is life without these days / memories ? Ram it up your hole Humza and the lot of you

SUBSCRIBE Digital Edition Puzzles Jobs Homes Motoring Book an ad Graduations Contact us
HeraldScotland
NewsElection 2021Sport

HeraldScotland17MENU
NEWS12th May
CalMac's tickets phone lines down for over three hours
Exclusive by Martin Williams @MWilliamsHT
Fault leaves Scots ferry operator CalMac's tickets phone lines down for over three hours
EXCLUSIVE
Fault leaves Scots ferry operator CalMac's tickets phone lines down for over three hours

Caravan & Motorhome Club
Join now
Promoted by Caravan & Motorhome Club

ADVERTISEMENTOpt out of Adyoulike ad targeting
SCOTLAND'S lifeline ferry operator has been hit by a new fault - this time with its tickets and reservations phone lines which have been out of action for five hours.

CalMac confirmed the problem at 8am and said they are still experiencing a technical issue with their contact centre phone lines and are "working hard to resolve this".

Customers phoning the booking line receive an automated message saying: "Due to circumstances out of our control we are unable to take your call right now."

Customers have been advised to go to their website for bookings, service and timetable information.

A CalMac spokesman said: "There's a technical issue with the phone lines, it’s being worked on at the moment."

The issues have come as the islands open up as Covid restrictions ease.

ADVERTISING

It comes a matter of days after Scotland's crisis hit lifeline ferry network came under fresh fire after a new series of breakdowns and setbacks with five of its fleet leading to service cancellations and restrictions as new pressure is put on ministers to take urgent action.

Some customers have complained at being cut off at the start of the morning after being told they were on hold.

READ MORE: CalMac ferry network crisis as breakdowns cause three day island freight shutdown

One contacted the ferry operator saying: "What is happening to Calmac?

"Seem to be uncontactable - you wait on phone at 8am to be told you are number three in #the queue. By 8.15am you are told you are still number three in queue but due to high call volumes we are not going to answer your call after all - goodbye.

"On previous attempts I was cut off straight away so suppose I am progressing! Have tried e-mailing but response time is quoted at 8 days???!!!???"

On Saturday it emerged that a temporary replacement freight ferry for the Ullapool-Stornoway route - considered too small because it only had space for four lorries - had itself had to be replaced leading to at least three days of sailing cancellations.

by Taboola
HeraldScotland:
The 38-year-old MV Isle of Arran - which normally runs on the Ardrossan to Arran route - was brought in to provide a makeshift freight service on the Ullapool-Stornoway crossing on April 21 after ferry operator CalMac's largest ferry MV Loch Seaforth was taken into dry dock for "major" engine repairs.

The eight-year-old vessel was initially expected to be back in service at the end of April but is now not expected to be back in service till May 17 at the earliest.

But it emerged even the Isle of Arran has problems - with its stabilisers - and had to be removed from from the run to be replaced by the the 36-year-old MV Hebridean Isles, causing cancellations on its usual Kennacraig to Islay.

It meant that all crucial freight sailings between Ullapool and Stornoway were cancelled three days from Wednesday and future services have had to be amended.

It was one of five ferry issues in the preveious two weeks that caused either cancelled journeys or travel restrictions.

At the weekend, the 23-year-old car ferry MV Clansman which runs the Oban-Coll-Tiree route was due to be out of action because a shaft needed replaced and an amended timetable was in place. The MV Hebridean Isles which normally runs between Kennacraig and Islay was to cover from Saturday night to Sunday night.

That came two weeks after it returned to Oban with all services cancelled for the rest of the day after it developed a fault. CalMac said at the time that the issue was being investigated.

The issues come off the back of the country's ferry building fiasco with two lifeline vessels being built at nationalised Ferguson Marine, owner of the last civilian Clyde shipyard. They were due to be in service in early 2018, are now up to nearly five years behind schedule and their is now over double the original £97m contract.

Promoted Stories
We require 50 kitchen showhomes in Scotland! Pay a fraction of the cost.
DM DESIGN
|
SPONSORED
Need a new kitchen? Pay a fraction of the cost with our Showhome offer!
DM DESIGN
|
SPONSORED
Do You Have Royal Blood? Your Last Name May Tell You.
ANCESTRY™
|
SPONSORED
Is Look After My Bills Really Worth the Switch?
LOOK AFTER MY BILLS
|
SPONSORED
Major Scots road to be closed for five nights
HERALDSCOTLAND

Get involved with the news in your community

Send your stories and photos now
TRANSPORT
7th May
'A disgrace': CalMac ferry network crisis as breakdowns cause three day island freight shutdown
By Martin Williams @MWilliamsHT
Senior News Reporter
'A disgrace': CalMac ferry network crisis as breakdowns cause three day island freight shutdown

SCOTLAND'S crisis hit lifeline ferry network has come under fresh fire after a new series of breakdowns and setbacks with five of its fleet leading to service cancellations and restrictions as new pressure is put on ministers to take urgent action.

Continue reading
COLUMNISTS
7th May
Brian Donnelly: Anger as islands tourism hit by new wave of cancellations
By Brian Donnelly @BrianDonnellyHT
Business Correspondent

ISLAND businesses face the loss of hundreds of thousands of pounds over the coming days and weeks as ferry disruption dampens hopes of an early bounce-back with the rest of country edging out of lockdown.

Continue reading
NEWS
11th May
Former diplomat given prison sentence for Salmond trial contempt
By Tom Gordon @HTScotPol
Scottish Political Editor

A FORMER diplomat has been sentenced to eight months in prison for contempt of court in relation to the Alex Salmond trial.

Continue reading
NEWS
6th May
Nicola Sturgeon blasts "fascist and racist" right-wing candidate during ugly polling station

COMMENTED
1Wings Over Scotland's Stuart Campbell announces he is quitting blogging2Coronavirus: Glasgow spike in infections 'linked to new variants' and 'household clusters' in postcodes with lower vaccine uptake3Rangers icon Ally McCoist axed in expert's alternative cost-cutting strategy after club's financial collapse4John Kennedy provides clarification on Karamoko Dembele’s contract after first senior goal5Scotland's secondary schools ranked in latest league table6Scientist warns sign on fingernails could mean you had Covid — even if you had no symptoms7'It could be worse than last year': John Swinney warned over SQA results 'disaster'8Glasgow Gaelic School drops ten places in new league table9Quarantine-free international travel allowed from Scotland as of next week10Fault leaves Scots ferry operator CalMac's tickets phone lines down for over five hours11Sturgeon and Sarwar pay joint visit to mosque as they urge safe Eid celebration12Two new Lidl supermarkets get go-ahead, creating 80 jobs13Boris Johnson subject to court order for unpaid debt14Sir James Dyson lashes out at 'shameful' BBC after broadcaster issues apology15How could Scotland re-join the EU? Expert Kirsty Hughes answers your questions16Confusion over future of major Glasgow Cineworld site after tweets from chain17SNP's Oswald says PM's finances 'don't add up' as officials claim debt 'without merit'18Kevin McKenna: Scottish Labour's insane refusal to back Indyref2 will be the death of them19Child, 7, left to walk home alone after out of school club mix-up20Madeleine McCann's parents 'hanging on to small hope' on her 18th birthday
Read more

© Copyright 2021
Herald & Times Group
All rights reserved
Contact us
Terms of advertising
Terms & Conditions
Contributor terms
Privacy policy
How we use cookies
Manage Consent
Employment
Diversity Statement
Our News Services
Apps and Kindle
Newspaper
Digital editions
Newsletters
Back issues
Online archive
Email, Twitter, RSS
Syndication
Our Advertising Services
Family notices
Book your newspaper ad
View newspaper ads
Commercial features
Our Personal Services
Help, feedback & contact
Travel services
Photo sales
Crosswords & sudoku
Our Colleagues
Evening Times
This website and associated newspapers adhere to the Independent Press Standards Organisation's Editors' Code of Practice. If you have a complaint about the editorial content which relates to inaccuracy or intrusion, then please contact the editor here. If you are dissatisfied with the response provided you can contact IPSO here

Watched a senate hearing in the US yesterday with CDC. They have claimed 10% infection rate outside. Yesterday they were forced to tell the truth. The real number is 0.01% chance of transmission. If you've been vaccinated it's even less. Only repeating what was stated. I'll leave that there.
My cousin in Vancouver said much the same thing about Canada a few months ago. There was some document doing the rounds that showed all the figures being bandied about by the authorities were grossly exagerated

Yet not a fkn peep from any of them!!
CDC6-EBA9-3738-411-F-B765-42-F5-B41285-CB.jpg

My cousin in Vancouver said much the same thing about Canada a few months ago. There was some document doing the rounds that showed all the figures being bandied about by the authorities were grossly exagerated
They are like alcoholics drunk on power

Does anyone care what this idiot says anyway. I am supprised that he even went to the bother of saying it, guy is a tube that no one listens to anyway

well
It's all so blatant, they don't even hide it. Absolute scum, and as for the scum who voted them in!! Beyond words, utter disgrace you get to stand next to me Saturday after what you done last week. Utter scum all round
well done all you said is true anybody that votes for that lot should be HUNG

We'll see what happens with the protests in pollokshields this morning. Wonder if humza will condemn this with the same gusto as he reserves for anything unionist.

I see even members of Scottish labour are encouraging people to gather on the streets to protest oh dear. Joke of a party.

After today’s Covid breaching in Glasgow he has no credibility. The two faced shit they coming away with after the celebrations at Livi too! Enjoy Bears and don’t give them any ammo to throw at us!

What about the thousand or so people down in Kenmure street today protesting about removing asylum seekers....? They are actually being applauded for their mass protest.

well

well done all you said is true anybody that votes for that lot should be HUNG
It suits them to be linked with celtic fans built on hate and if our supporters cannot see what they are about then hell mend them! Sick of this fake independence cr*p too!

Back