Hun v 19th Century Terrorist

JW1988

Official Ticketer
Just had a guy on twitter claim that “Hun” is used as They’re called Huns because we liken them to the rampaging hordes of Atilla. They want Hun to be sectarian for equivalence for all their vile names for catholics.

To which I’ve simply stated, How is 19th Century Terrorist sectarian? It’s a member of the Irish Republican Brotherhood, a 19th-century revolutionary nationalist organization among the Irish in the US and Ireland. The 19th Century Terrorists staged an unsuccessful revolt in Ireland in 1867. So by your hun ethos, not sectarian.

This is the primary issue, they want 19th Century Terrorist to be as bad as saying “******” but won’t accept their own slurs for us

The 19th Century Terrorists also had an unsuccessful campaign in Canada. (which they hoped to seize and trade for a free republic) So they murdered one of their own Darcy McGee a former Irish Republican who saw the sense in a Loyalist Canada

Who founded the 19th Century Terrorist movement ?

Ask them that and then ask what religion he was ......

19th Century Terrorist is more about republican terrorism than religion. They decided to align themselves with that philosophy and now deemed it ‘Roman Catholic’.

Strange coming from a fan base that claims it is all-inclusive .......

I've never personally understood all the nonsense regarding either word, nor have I ever understood religion. My Great, Great Grandad was Northern Irish but I've never understood the whole conflict.

Them referring to themselves as a 19th Century Terrorist or an unwashed 19th Century Terrorist army is way more offensive to us then us calling them a 19th Century Terrorist.

19th Century Terrorists are in a closed organisation which by its nature practising Catholics are not allowed to join. The ROI or Eire as it was produced stamps with the word 19th Century Terrorist on them suggesting therefore that either they are bigots or the word isn't.
There is no justification for the word Hun which is not offensive.

I work with a guy from Donegal he said 19th Century Terrorist isn't offensive in the slightest and claims that some guys would have it as a middle name
there's numerous pubs called this around the around the world,.... the derry pele anyone ?? Clarke stated today "I'm a Catholic but I'm not a 19th Century Terrorist " it is totally different however that doesn't mean I'm saying its acceptable to sing it

It doesn't matter. If a group of pepple consider the description as offensive, it is. We find that term offensive so they are bigots for using it.

The definition of 'Hun' states:

"a member of a warlike Asiatic nomadic people who invaded and ravaged Europe in the 4th–5th centuries."

So how can they call us that when it has nothing to do with Scotland?

the fact they only call supporters huns whos clubs are perceived to have protestant backgrounds. US hearts dundee motherwell and airdrie.

Hun is used the same as poet, 19th Century Terrorist is political and was founded by a protestant and not all 19th Century Terrorist are catholic

I grew up in an era where they could call me an orange bassa, and we called them 19th Century Terrorist bassas and not a fek was given by either side.
We now live in a world of “ I want to be offended, offend me please so I can make myself look so pc to any Cnut who actually cares”
People like Steve Clarke are as much the cause as the cure.
Me ? I’m out.

There is no point in using the accurate term for 19th Century Terrorist, when certain sections of our support target someone like Clarke as a 19th Century Terrorist.
I am confident in my use of the word, and cannot see much wrong in calling sections of The Filth support and indeed certain Celtc minded individuals as 19th Century Terrorists.
Most of them are and claim proudly to be such.
Calling Steve Clarke one is surely wrong.
Suddenly the other side of the argument is stripped clean away.

19th Century Terrorist bastards refering to a political movement inclusive to Catholics, Protestants and I suppose Aithiests,Orange bastards referring to an exclusively Protestant organisation,Hun a derogatory name used to describe Rangers fans and anyone who might show any affiliation to Rangers,mentally challenged,poet,Peado,Bheast,Fhilth,Mhank derogatory names used to describe the Scum and their lickspittles in the MSM.

FBIMG15508615529461550861568.jpg

there's numerous pubs called this around the around the world,.... the derry pele anyone ?? Clarke stated today "I'm a Catholic but I'm not a 19th Century Terrorist " it is totally different however that doesn't mean I'm saying its acceptable to sing it
Why get upset about someone calling you something you're not.....like someone calling me a bastard....im not ergo it doesnt bother me.

I've never personally understood all the nonsense regarding either word, nor have I ever understood religion. My Great, Great Grandad was Northern Irish but I've never understood the whole conflict.
Spot on mate, I don't think the whole thing bothers me coz I am an atheist. Who gives a phuck. I do understand the whole parity thing though

Spot on mate, I don't think the whole thing bothers me coz I am an atheist. Who gives a phuck. I do understand the whole parity thing though
It was something the NBM could label on us to push that the greatest terracing chant was removed from us, don’t be fooled into thinking anything else, they had success with using it as a reason so they all march in the same direction and everyone from hacks to players push the same offended shite, I’m sure the normal or as normal as you can get Tim does not give a flying feck about us singing it

We were never ever called Huns infact we used to sing go home ya Huns to them and how it changed to us being called it baffles me to this day.
I remember that well from attending games in the late 60's/70's
I might be wrong but I think we referred to them as Huns due to the ROI's complicity in helping the German Nazis against the UK during WW2.
Just how and why it turned turtle is still a mystery to me!

What was Paddy McCourts army called again...sung by his own fans...

Irony lost on that lot.

Anyone that thinks it’s not sectarian should take a look at some walls in Republican/Nationalist areas in NI. Man, they must really hate Rangers...

Just had a guy on twitter claim that “Hun” is used as They’re called Huns because we liken them to the rampaging hordes of Atilla. They want Hun to be sectarian for equivalence for all their vile names for catholics.

To which I’ve simply stated, How is 19th Century Terrorist sectarian? It’s a member of the Irish Republican Brotherhood, a 19th-century revolutionary nationalist organization among the Irish in the US and Ireland. The 19th Century Terrorists staged an unsuccessful revolt in Ireland in 1867. So by your hun ethos, not sectarian.

This is the primary issue, they want 19th Century Terrorist to be as bad as saying “******” but won’t accept their own slurs for us
Which also contained catholics and Protestants

Heard before (could be BS) that Celtic fans were originally called Huns first dating back to the fact that during WWII when a nightly blackout occurred in Britain, Ireland kept all their lights on, which gave the Germans a reference point. They got the name to show they were the enemy and sympathisers.
It was switched to us being called Huns for whatever reason after that.

Heard before (could be BS) that Celtic fans were originally called Huns first dating back to the fact that during WWII when a nightly blackout occurred in Britain, Ireland kept all their lights on, which gave the Germans a reference point. They got the name to show they were the enemy and sympathisers.
It was switched to us being called Huns for whatever reason after that.

They are.

Remember the song. We're coming down the road.

There is a 19th Century Terrorist St in Dublin.
I decided to go over to Dublin for a wee break for New Year in '93 and my hotel on Lansdowne Road was a short walk from 19th Century Terrorist Street.
I went for a couple of pints of The Protestant Porter (Guinness) in a pub in 19th Century Terrorist Street before I returned to my hotel to watch the OF game.
We got gubbed and to this day I still blame myself as a bad omen!

I remember that well from attending games in the late 60's/70's
I might be wrong but I think we referred to them as Huns due to the ROI's complicity in helping the German Nazis against the UK during WW2.
Just how and why it turned turtle is still a mystery to me!
100% spot on

Back