Hurricanes, the old old board..and a certain Admin

gorams_glayva

With the threat of a major hurricane heading to my wee town of Naples, and all the nostalgia that has taken place these past couple of days about the old FF boards, its got me reminded of a heartwarming story I`d like to share.

Lets go back to October 2005, and Hurricane Wilma is barreling towards Naples. Back then there was no social media to speak of save Follow Follow...it was like our own big Protestant Facebook at the time. It was the principal way we kept in touch with Rangers news as well as how we communicated with our pals..especially overseas ones. So it hits....fair bit of damage and flooding, and of course, the power goes out. For three days!! I finally get hold of a generator, fire it up and restore some electricity to the house. Get the Air conditioning running, the fridge, and of course the computer.

First thing I do on the computer is to log on to FF, and under the headline "Naples Loyal - WE`RE ALIVE" I let the world know that all our club members are doing fine, and chances of us having the game to show the following weekend were good, but watch this space. After about 30 seconds the thread was removed...followed a minute later by an email from SM saying that I had been banned for a week for using capital letters in a thread title.

Yep...them wuz the gool `ol days of FF o_O

Whines about a banning when you blocked me from facebook for slagging man city:)

The pub survived us in 2007, itll be fine!

With the threat of a major hurricane heading to my wee town of Naples, and all the nostalgia that has taken place these past couple of days about the old FF boards, its got me reminded of a heartwarming story I`d like to share.

Lets go back to October 2005,

o_O

Eh? How do you do that..is it in preferences. Christ, this new board is magic..:):)

Back