Hyperbolic Rage

ronadamus_prime

Misplaced anger and frustration.

Inventing a reason to be angry.

Something something Rangers Standards™.

Projections of emotional vulnerability.

Gripes about something irrelevant.

Ham fisted attempt at being ominous.

Whitewash history and carry on pretending every other title we've ever won has been plain sailing.

Manufactured outrage at something or someone.

The above, is this place in a nutshell after every minor setback. Still only played 6 games and you'd think we are 6 points behind going into the split, with the way some of you are prattling on every other week. Exhausting contrived bullshit. Just chill out. I honestly can't imagine being that wound tight, all the bastard time. Must be exhausting.

Things will improve. Players will hit form. The team will go up a gear. We've got a squad that has gone the distance once already. If this was still a side that had achieved nothing, I'd understand the majority of the concern but it's not. It's a side that have the ability. They will demonstrate that.

Whitewash history and carry on pretending every other title we've ever won has been plain sailing.

The above, is this place in a nutshell after every minor setback. Still only played 6 games and you'd think we are 6 points behind going into the split, with the way some of you are prattling on every other week. Exhausting contrived bullshit. Just chill out. I honestly can't imagine being that wound tight, all the bastard time. Must be exhausting.

Things will improve. Players will hit form. The team will go up a gear. We've got a squad that has gone the distance once already. If this was still a side that had achieved nothing, I'd understand the majority of the concern but it's not. It's a side that have the ability. They will demonstrate that.
After where we have been you think people would appreciate where we are. Unfortunately the fantastic season that won us 55 is now the standard that people expect every season. Its as if we won the previous 54 titles in such a manner. Its a marathon not a sprint and there will be set backs but some spolied bitches cant tame it and start greetin. I genuinely do worry about some of our fans and how they will cope with a real issue in their lives

How about it’s a football message board and folk use it to vent on?

That ok with you?

Nah. We've been very poor this season and people are pointing that out.

I'm not debating whether or not we've been poor or not. We have been. Just that some of the takes you read on here on a regular basis are complete and utter nonsense. A lot of the outrage just comes across as contrived and performative.

Always been a jump on mentality on here, threads tend to follow the trend of the first post, can open up the chance for folks to really put the boot in, can be a bit weird at times.

I do think the team and management have earned our trust to work themselves through a sticky period (a sticky period which still see us top of the league). However, I think the venting and anger and frustration is just a natural part of supporting Rangers in the here and now. Even last season going unbeaten the support collectively lost their shit a few times.

I think last season also set unreasonable expectations of what success actually looks like. The past few years from us and them have been a bit strange in the level of dominance that league champions have ended up having. Unbeaten league seasons are normally incredibly rare, yet we've had 2 in the last 5 seasons. That's not normally and not a realistic barometer of success.

Let's all think the same.

People are entitled to their opinion.
At the end of the season we'll know who was right or wrong.
Mite be you mite be others.

I’m one, was so frustrated with game today. My emotions and verbals were in full flow.

No rage, just disappointment that we failed to get going yet again.

It’s nearly October and we are still miles off it.

I don’t compare any thing to last season as it was a complete one off. Our defending has regressed - we look like conceding no matter the opposition - we failed to improve the midfield and right now we are toothless in the final third.

We are fortunate Celtic have a new manager in place, have added umpteen new players and are struggling on the road.

We’ve now played 14 competitive games this season , and haven’t played well for 90 minutes in any of them with one notable exception being the old firm game. So while yes some people go OTT with their reactions at times , it’s equally as bad when people are on telling everyone all is well, stop being negative , panty wetters yadda yadda and trying to be all clever about it. People are entitled to call it as they see it especially those who’ve paid for season tickets , 3 game packages , shares , MyGers , kits and whatever else the club has thrown at us. Fans feel invested and passionate about the team and are entitled to say when they see things they aren’t happy with without being lectured by some “ nothing to see here, all is well “ know it all’s.

Social media lives on extreme opinions. Reasonable analysis doesn’t really gain much traction.

What was noticeable from Thursday was the French press response to that of plenty on here.

At least we’ve stopped with the ‘can’t play in front of crowds’ narrative.

It’s been a stuttering & frustrating start to the season. There are concerns. But not enough to justify some of the hyperbole.

I'm not debating whether or not we've been poor or not. We have been. Just that some of the takes you read on here on a regular basis are complete and utter nonsense. A lot of the outrage just comes across as contrived and performative.
So you believe people who come on here pissed off at another lack lustre performance are at it and attention seekers as oppsosed to being simply worried at what's going on?

Last edited:
We have been extremely poor all season, as fans we have been ”buying” in as much as we possibly can. We have backed the team on and off the pitch financially. Our recruitment and current players are letting us down. Is it their fault they are a year older and for some last season was their last marathon, I don’t know ?

Last season in the league we dropped a total of 12 points over 38 games, this season we have already dropped 5 over 6.

We know how Motherwell play against us, we have struggled quite a few times recently but fall for the same tactics. The second half today was one of the most painful in a long time, same after same.

Let's all think the same.

People are entitled to their opinion.
At the end of the season we'll know who was right or wrong.
Mite be you mite be others.

I'm not saying 'let's all think the same.' simply pointing out how utterly mental some of the takes are on here after a minor setback.

This place has always been mental, but it's like people are deliberately going out of there way to make a big song and dance about how angry or upset they are atm. Some even going as far as to invent reasons to be angry.

No rage, just disappointment that we failed to get going yet again.

It’s nearly October and we are still miles off it.

I don’t compare any thing to last season as it was a complete one off. Our defending has regressed - we look like conceding no matter the opposition - we failed to improve the midfield and right now we are toothless in the final third.

We are fortunate Celtic have a new manager in place, have added umpteen new players and are struggling on the road.

Anyone who can't or doesn't want to see the obvious that we've regressed since last season is deluded, imo.

If you’d have said we’d be four points ahead of the filth at this point, we would all have taken it.

When it comes to support inside Ibrox when we aren’t winning I’ll be the one that agrees with you mate, your post is spot on ,the mood inside Ibrox today completely changed after the equaliser … from supportive claps and encouraging shouts to absolutely verbally berating anyone who made the slightest error … there was still 20 mins to go in the game and you would think we were in injury time.

I agree with some of the replies on the posts here that we haven’t started the season well and there’s a lack of sharpens to our play ( which was there in the majority of the first half today to be fair ) but that doesn’t excuse the vile shouts I was hearing around me , to be specific it wasn’t shouts of frustration it as personal shouts berating the player describing them as “ useless “ “ fcuking pish “ “ fcuking hopeless “ , pathetic and embarrassing from a so called best support in the world.
Turn the clock back a couple of weeks and these same people were doing the bouncy heralding the same players for winning the first old firm game .

Before anyone says - I’m not saying it’s those supporters fault we didn’t win or didn’t play well of course not - however , is there any surprise we don’t with an atmosphere like that ?

Anyone who can't or doesn't want to see the obvious that we've regressed since last season is deluded, imo.

You get some that go way over board after a negative result. You also get people who can see no wrong. Even during our darkest days excuses were made for abject and pathetic performances.

Today was poor. There were some nice passages of play in the first half but we lacked a killer instinct - a bit similar to Gerrard’s first and second season. Our defending this season has been poor, there is no other way to describe it. We’ve spent very little on the midfield and it wasn’t improved over the summer (maybe harsh on Bacuna as he’s not played other than 14 minutes today) and it shows.

Some think we have become stale, other think that’s a load of rubbish. I do believe there is a staleness about us. There is only so long you can blame a poor pre-season.

I said it in a previous thread but maybe it’s a good thing a number of players are out of contact in the summer - time for a freshen up. Although I haven’t a clue where the money is coming from?

There were some positive signs in the first half but that was undone with that second period. That was awful. We should be sitting 6 points clear tonight.

And yet none of us resorted to slagging off other board users, ya mad hyperbolic rager ye….

I haven't slagged you at all. That was a collective 'you'. Probably the wrong choice of word there. But it is what is. I'm not raging in the slightest. Just pointing out how utterly contrived some of the attitudes are on this place.

If you’d have said we’d be four points ahead of the filth at this point, we would all have taken it.

This is what I’m taking from it.

With two more international breaks to come, I suspect it may take us a while to get up to speed. But I’m confident we will. Can our rivals say similar?

So are you Tailwind's 3rd acct if I'm his 2nd acct? :) Agree with every word you've said, it's often draining on here after we've won, nvm drawing or losing. Was FF around during helicopter Sunday or Arteta's greatest day seasons? If it was there must have been some absolutely bonkers threads throughout them with 'all Lovenkrands can do is run fast', 'Novo is a Dundee level player', he's pish, he's done, his legs have gone, we will never win the league with so and so etc. I'd love to trawl back for a laugh and see if there was the same level of idiocy and entitlement back then as there is now.

I haven't slagged you at all. That was a collective 'you'. Probably the wrong choice of word there. But it is what is. I'm not raging in the slightest. Just pointing out how utterly contrived some of the attitudes are on this place.
I didn’t take it personally. I was standing up for the good frustrated fellows of Follow Follow :D

Edit - as an aside, it’s as well you weren’t sitting with the wallopers behind me today in the stadium. I think you might have ended up with some sort of aneurysm.

You get some that go way over board after a negative result. You also get people who can see no wrong. Even during our darkest days excuses were made for abject and pathetic performances.

Today was poor. There were some nice passages of play in the first half but we lacked a killer instinct - a bit similar to Gerrard’s first and second season. Our defending this season has been poor, there is no other way to describe it. We’ve spent very little on the midfield and it wasn’t improved over the summer (maybe harsh on Bacuna as he’s not played other than 14 minutes today) and it shows.

Some think we have become stale, other think that’s a load of rubbish. I do believe there is a staleness about us. There is only so long you can blame a poor pre-season.

I said it in a previous thread but maybe it’s a good thing a number of players are out of contact in the summer - time for a freshen up. Although I haven’t a clue where the money is coming from?

There were some positive signs in the first half but that was undone with that second period. That was awful. We should be sitting 6 points clear tonight.

The psychology of them being already 6 points behind tonight would have alarm bells ringing at the Piggery. We wasted a great chance today, which is incredibly frustrating.

It's fine with me. This is me venting at how utterly fucking deluded and childish some of you are.

Are you sure you’re fine with it? You started a thread basically pontificating over anyone who isn’t happy with how we’ve started the season.

I totally agree with your point in the original post that things will get better. I’m sure they will. But it’s been disappointing how we have started the season. We should have beaten Malmo, we shouldn’t have lost to Dundee Utd, we should have won today. Based on last season’s performances.

I don’t think it’s unfair to be frustrated today and to vent on a harmless forum.

The tims result today would probably have been enough to suppress the disappointment, but the team are starting to put pre 55 nerves back into the support. We can't take that we will win this season as a given with our form, and missing out on the champions League spot for next season will be an absolute disaster for the club.

We had anxiety over whether this group of players could cope with the demands of getting 55 over the line, now suddenly there is a lack of belief in whether the same group of players have the bottle to get us to 56. Mind boggling

Brilliant, here is Frasier Crane on to tell us all it's fine and we should all be a zen master like himself.

Honestly man, what part of you felt what was missing from the board today was a high and mighty thread, projecting yourself above this raft of posters you have written off as emotional misfits.

I won't say any more, as I would hate to stray into emotional territory, as that is somewhere you clearly want to avoid, and heaven knows what happens if you get knocked off your opium cloud.

Don't have a cow man.

Last season we won every home match, were unbeaten all season, set all sorts of records...and I still suffered 'hyperbolic rage' on an almost weekly basis.

That's the experience of the genuine football-fan.

It's not about entertainment !!!

Last season we won every home match, were unbeaten all season, set all sorts of records...and I still suffered 'hyperbolic rage' on an almost weekly basis.

That's the experience of the genuine football-fan.

It's not about entertainment !!!
Exactly this! I had kittens many, many times last season and still thoroughly enjoyed the journey. Be the same this time round, no question

The psychology of them being already 6 points behind tonight would have alarm bells ringing at the Piggery. We wasted a great chance today, which is incredibly frustrating.
Said the same earlier, the pressure would have been on that mob big style, kind of let them off the hook today, but still confident we can get back on form and extend our lead over them in the coming weeks!

Honestly man, what part of you felt what was missing from the board today was a high and mighty thread, projecting yourself above this raft of posters you have written off as emotional misfits.

Honestly? It broke up the monotony of the same talking points being bandied about by the same posters, yet again this season. Glad it came across as high and mighty. That was what I was aiming for B-)

34-E8774-A-CE95-444-B-9-E98-4-A1-CB9-CEBC3-C.jpg

Thank %^*& a bear that thinks!

We’re not playing well enough but we’re top of the league thought first half we were excellent and should’ve been out of sight then as has been a feature so far this season we have a lapse for about a ten to fifteen minute period and pay the price once we eradicate this I feel we’ll kick on and have more than enough for any team.

PARKLIFE!

No one expected Steven Gerrard to win the Europa League when he came in 2018. However it is not hyperbole to suggest its not Rangers standard that out of a possible 12 trophies we've won 1!

I didn't expect to qualify for the CL this year either never mind win it but its another tournament we've been knocked out of. We haven't looked anywhere near the necessary level of competing in any of our competitions this season so far. It doesn't mean that wont be turned round as we head in to October. There were some signs of it in the first half today that this team can play.

Internet = Pretend rage.

Back