Hypothetically how would Celtic have coped with what Rangers have been through in last 10 years?

AndythephotoDr

We have seen the old paranoid Celtic fans come back with a vengeance since 10 in a row is no more for them. The gathering outside the stadium and calling for heads to roll.

it got me thinking how would they have coped with what rangers and the fans have endured over the last 10 years? In the main our fans have been far more level headed. We have backed the club in attendance even in the lowest leagues. We have been fantastic. We dealt with all the Mike Ashley and the spivs (I still wonder what would have been if we had Dave King in at the start of this).
We have had fans of all clubs mock us for stuff out with our control and by in large took it on the chin knowing that our time would come again.

I don’t think Celtic would have had the same loyalty with the fans. You can see them asking for refunds already because of this season alone.

as for this 10 in a row, we have had that disappointment of not doing 10. We were disappointed but I don’t mind any great fall out or having the notion it was rightfully ours.

what are your thoughts folks?

Hypothetically not very well.

Reality - We would have to close the bridges. Like Lemmings off a cliff imo.

Absolutely not, for one their fan base would have walked away like they did during the 90s, they would have fought with each other until they accepted they were nothing

Fans wise they'd have probably got a bit stabby with each other. They have previous even in good times

Their support would have deserted them in droves and they would have been consigned to the record books like Gretna, Vale of Leven and Renton.

Not well. Mid table sh!te at the very best. 20,000 crowds. I think we will find out more going forward.
In 30 years they've had our NIAR, two helicopters and now this season when they have lost what they wanted the most. It's all they wanted.
They haven't ever gotten over our 9, helicopter Sunday broke them as fans and more than a few of their players. They seem incapable of letting things go. They will carry this for a long time.
Neic could win a treble with them next year and he won't be forgiven.
In a few weeks, hopefully, I'll pretty much have forgotten about the past 9 years. 55 this season will eclipse Helicopter Sunday in their minds and be with them till their last breath.
Timmy will find it hard to motivate himself going forward.

Last edited:
It’s a very hard question to be honest I believe that their core support would have diminished I think that they would have had far more support from the governing bodies than we got.
Also I think on a financial basis they would have struggled more than we did we were lucky to have a group of savy business men take back control and have a solid plan in place

See their behaviour over the last 10 weeks to come up with a conclusion. I doubt it, certainly not on the scale of our support.

I suppose had they gone through what was forced upon Rangers their sense of grievance would have come to the fore and perhaps driven the support. For a time.

EM-Ezz0XsAAJfVO.jpg

Put this way, Craig Whyte is still breathing somewhere, I don’t think their equivalent would be. Riots all over, skint and another Queens Park - playing in a stadium they can’t half full.

I like to think that secretly the mentally challengeds are probably happy. Rangers are back on top, and they can go back to Masonic conspiracy’s and everyone being against them which they are a lot more comfortable with (uneasy lies the head that wears the crown)

But they would never have made it back from where we have. While they probably have a fair amount of hardcore supporters, I don’t think they have the numbers we do. They have an awful lot of fair weather supporters and I think we will see that next season when their season ticket holder numbers will be a fair bit down.

I had to laugh at Andy Walker the other night whilst he was commentating on the Livi v Filth game. He said “this has been an endurance test for these Celtic fans” B-)

Regarding the OP they wouldn’t have had the loyal support we’ve had. So probably would've struggled badly.

Also they would have had major help from political people and the football authorities

Not well. Mid table sh!te at the very best. 20,000 crowds. I think we will find out more going forward.
In 30 years they've had our NIAR, two helicopters and now this season when they have lost what they wanted the most. It all they wanted.
They haven't ever gotten over our 9, helicopter Sunday broke them as fans and more than a few of their players. They seem incapable of letting things go. They will carry this for a long time.
Neic could win a treble with them next year and he won't be forgiven.
In a few weeks, hopefully, I'll pretty much have forgotten about the past 9 years. 55 this season will eclipse Helicopter Sunday in their minds and be with them till their last breath.
Timmy will find it hard to motivate himself going forward.
And of course signing Mo Johnston applied even more pressure on them that they will never be able to repeat. It’s just beautiful the pain they are currently in.

They desert their team when they are second. They deserted their team when they were first but we weren't around.

How would they cope in the 4th tier losing at home to Annan? A frenzied shark attack doesn't even cover it.

Not very well I would say.
They would be back in the top league but perhaps sharing Hampden. Their crowds would have been pathetic until the Championship even then probably only mid 20,000. The cost of the ground would have been too much after a season or two and would have been ‘ mothballed’.

We have seen the old paranoid Celtic fans come back with a vengeance since 10 in a row is no more for them. The gathering outside the stadium and calling for heads to roll.

it got me thinking how would they have coped with what Rangers and the fans have endured over the last 10 years? In the main our fans have been far more level headed. We have backed the club in attendance even in the lowest leagues. We have been fantastic. We dealt with all the Mike Ashley and the spivs (I still wonder what would have been if we had Dave King in at the start of this).
We have had fans of all clubs mock us for stuff out with our control and by in large took it on the chin knowing that our time would come again.

I don’t think Celtic would have had the same loyalty with the fans. You can see them asking for refunds already because of this season alone.

as for this 10 in a row, we have had that disappointment of not doing 10. We were disappointed but I don’t mind any great fall out or having the notion it was rightfully ours.

They’d have to dig down below the pitch to find another tier to close.

They aren't coping well and we haven't even won the league. Fans are talking about not renewing already. They lost numbers while they were winning the league and had to shut top tier of the midden. If they get a few seasons of failure then they'll lose huge amounts who've never known much more than success.

We seen a slight glimpse of that in the 90's when they were struggling to get average gates of over 25,000 for a few seasons. They had a bad time back then but nowhere near what Rangers went through.

Think I'm right in saying also that in 1985 Rangers finished 5th while they won the league and we still had a bigger average attendance than them.

Most of the new age Celtic glory hunting fans will abandon them after a few years of Rangers domination.

For the good of Scottish Football and beyond hopefully they'd have folded.

1994 was a tease. Hopefully the futures great, The future's Rangers!

On the other hand, if they retained a successful youth team and boys club, the support may have went there...

it got me thinking how would they have coped with what Rangers and the fans have endured over the last 10 years? In the main our fans have been far more level headed. We have backed the club in attendance even in the lowest leagues. We have been fantastic. We dealt with all the Mike Ashley and the spivs (I still wonder what would have been if we had Dave King in at the start of this).

There is nothing like adversity to unite a fan base, so I reckon as a fan base they would be there by in large, and throw in the obligatory pedestrian barrier and shark for good measure. In all honesty, I think they would be by in large where we were last year or the year before.

Back