Hypothetically how would Celtic have coped with what Rangers have been through in last 10 years?

I really do not know to be honest. I know what we think of them all. However when it comes to the crunch we are at opposite ends of the scales over many things but when comes to it they will love their club as much as we do ours.

They are still scum though.
I disagree.

Their hatred for us far outweighs the love they have for their own club where as we focus on just us. It's always been about 55 ever since Warburton gained promotion back to the top flight and never about the tainted ten.

We consume their every waking though and I honestly think if the roles were reversed they would struggle to survive. Remember that this wasn't supposed to happen back in the dark days of 2012.

I guess though we'll never know.

We have seen the old paranoid Celtic fans come back with a vengeance since 10 in a row is no more for them. The gathering outside the stadium and calling for heads to roll.

it got me thinking how would they have coped with what Rangers and the fans have endured over the last 10 years? In the main our fans have been far more level headed. We have backed the club in attendance even in the lowest leagues. We have been fantastic. We dealt with all the Mike Ashley and the spivs (I still wonder what would have been if we had Dave King in at the start of this).
We have had fans of all clubs mock us for stuff out with our control and by in large took it on the chin knowing that our time would come again.

I don’t think Celtic would have had the same loyalty with the fans. You can see them asking for refunds already because of this season alone.

as for this 10 in a row, we have had that disappointment of not doing 10. We were disappointed but I don’t mind any great fall out or having the notion it was rightfully ours.

what are your thoughts folks?
they just wouldn't have coped at all

Politicians would never have allowed it.
Exactly. Politicians in Scotland would have hounded HMRC into submission with subsequent sackings by the dozen. Celtc would have demanded financial compensation from the Government. It would have been portrayed as anti-Irish Catholic persecution.

I don't think they'd survive. Their fans are already in revolt because they've had to pay for season tickets they can't use and that's before the shambles of the last couple of months of rage against their team and management.
They'd be lucky to get 10,000 in their stadium if they dropped down the leagues and there would be no way they'd sell their allocation for the away grounds, unlike ourselves.
They say football fans are fickle......but Celtc fans must be the most fickle ones in the world.
As someone said in another thread, they're bad losers, but even worse winners.

Celtc fans would love to have had our 'journey'. They believe that they are the downtrodden, the oppressed and we are the establishment club. They'd love the proof of it, "look we were right all along".

But and it is a big but, they would not have done the 'work' that bears have put in. All over Scotland from Brechin to Berwick there was a massive travelling support.

At home we had 50k in Ibrox for the 4th tier. As they have proved, with no Rangers they would all f off, the banners would have been bigger and the crowds smaller.

I doubt their fans would have been along for the journey.

It is VERY hypothetical because there is absolutely no way they would ever have been kicked down to the 4th tier. The Scottish Government and the SFA/SPFL would have stepped in to stop it because, let's face it, according to all of them and the media "Scottish football needs a strong Celtic". How many times did we hear that in the 90s? And yet no one, or very few, said the same about Rangers, even though we are the biggest club in the country, and by some considerable distance. Instead they sat back and let the vultures pounce when we were down and were willing to take a massive financial hit on their own clubs and organisations, just to get at Rangers.

However, if it were to happen, and their friends didn't step in to help them, there is no way they would have coped as we did and I genuinely believe that blood will have been spilled. You only have to look at how they reacted to a run of 4 or 5 games of poor results in October, with riots outside the piggery. They won very little between 1920 and 1965 and only had 1 league title in the 20 years after WW2 and they were often beaten in crowds by not only us, but also Hearts, Hibs and even, unbelievably, Partick Thistle. They have always been ones for boycotts and I see they are at it again, with talk of not renewing season tickets, all on the back of one bad season. "Faithful through and through" my arse. We are the real supporters, they are only glory hunters.

They would be incapable of handling what Rangers supporters have been through in the last 10 years. I genuinely think there would have been civil unrest. Just look at how they have handled the last few months. And imagine that was years and not months.

They'd be back in the top flight by now but they wouldn't be a proper force. We'd be way out at the top (like now actually!) and they'd probably be finishing 3rd or 4th each season.

You wouldn't see them challenging for the title again unless they got serious investment.

I've said for years, if what happened to us happened to them they'd not win the league for 20 years. We'd bury them.

They're better suited to chasing and playing the victim card. It's their comfort zone. They were never gonna stay on top for a sustained period of time when we came back. They should enjoy their wee run while it lasted but normal service has to resume eventually, and it has

We have seen the old paranoid Celtic fans come back with a vengeance since 10 in a row is no more for them. The gathering outside the stadium and calling for heads to roll.

it got me thinking how would they have coped with what Rangers and the fans have endured over the last 10 years? In the main our fans have been far more level headed. We have backed the club in attendance even in the lowest leagues. We have been fantastic. We dealt with all the Mike Ashley and the spivs (I still wonder what would have been if we had Dave King in at the start of this).
We have had fans of all clubs mock us for stuff out with our control and by in large took it on the chin knowing that our time would come again.

I don’t think Celtic would have had the same loyalty with the fans. You can see them asking for refunds already because of this season alone.

as for this 10 in a row, we have had that disappointment of not doing 10. We were disappointed but I don’t mind any great fall out or having the notion it was rightfully ours.

They wouldn't have is the short answer.

When we were in the bottom tier and still playing in front of capacity crowds the mentally challengeds were playing in the Knew Camp with a closed, empty top tier (remember their friends at BBC Scotland doing their bit by omitting the attendances at the cesspit whilst seemingly being able to list the gates at every other game. Then around the Tuesday or Wednesday they would update the mentally challengeds match report on their site by sneaking in a 55,000 gate!) The fact is they couldn't be arsed going to the fitba when they never had matches against us to obsess over.

The whole reason their club was created was so the priests could give them a rallying point, a focus to keep them from being integrated into the Presbyterian Scottish society.
They were created for purely sectarian reasons, and they have been a stain on Scotland ever since.
We often say that they hate Rangers more than they love celtc - and how true it is.
55 will send them over the edge of despair.

Maybe their fans would find another hook to hang their coats on?
From a outsiders view it looks like to me the club are almost like a accessory to most of their political or religious views.
At Rangers yes the support is generally PUL but you've only got to go on here to see the width in different political and religious views .No one here screams of Papist conspiracies when JD crosses himself before he comes on .
Just imagine for a minute Brexit works well.Say the republic wants out and got its own currency which was linked to the pound.The UK and Ireland become pally.What would that club really exist for then?.
They say they don't want a secterian society.They do.Its what's fuelling the club as it's a natural extension for the twisted views the fans hold in life.

I personally think what Rangers fans have done over the years is remarkable. I know there are some loyal fans throughout the world but I would struggle to suggest any set of fans as loyal. Unfortunately being in a backwater most people outwith Scotland don't know about how loyal a support we have, I might be wrong. We have been shat on from ahigh but the support supported knowing things would eventually improve. We are on the cusp of something quite extraordinary and imo no other support or club could have done it.

It wouldn't be allowed to happen and their version of Whyte who tried to do it would be either dead, or in jail.

As others have said, it wouldn't be allowed to happen, but hypothetically, if it did, I think they would retain a hard-core (not the green brigade) who would positively embrace the victimhood and paranoia and others who just continue to support their team (as with every football club, everywhere.)

But I think you could be talking as little as fifteen to twenty thousand and I think as a club they would lack the moral fortitude to 'come back' in even double the time it has taken us. (If at all.)

As I've said before, I really think they overestimate the size of their support outwith Glasgow and some ex-pat communities. If they'd went through our situation, I think they would have just about survived with their hardcore base. However, there's no way you'd be seeing a packed out tattiedome for games in League 2, the same way we filled Ibrox. I think they'd have taken longer just to get back to the Premiership never mind challenging for the title again.

In football terms they might just be about to find out how we've felt.

Lennon's got them in a state that might take them a while to come back from.

If the CSA cases go the way they should they could be in deep financial shyte.

They would kill to have our level of persecution/mine of victimhood these last 10-15 years.
It's why they're such a demented sort; living in a world that they've been told is one way when in their black, mentally challenged hearts they know it's all a lie and that they are entirely the establishment club favoured by those in power.

Tbh, they wouldn’t have taken half the shit we have and just accepted. There would have been street riots. Sometimes I think we as a support were far too civilised about it all.

Even before 2012 I used to say that there is a large minority of 19th Century Terrorists who would rather lose the league by a single goal than win it by twenty points.
Victim-hood is somehow so appealing to them that they actually search it out.

Initially they would have reveled in being kicked around.
However, there is no way they would have had the determination and patience to follow the team back to the top.

55 will be the sweetest achievement. All the more so because you know we are only one of a handful of teams in the world who could of survived 'the journey'.

They wouldn’t have coped. This meltdown we’ve been seeing the last few months started when they we were 7 points clear.

They would still be lingering in the lower leagues or maybe the bottom half of the SPFL.

The greatest fannies in the world would have abandoned them in thier thousands, all your celeb fans would have went into hiding until sunnier days.

Its perfectly feasible their church would've stepped in to help out. After all, having a sporting wing is a clever form of crowd control. I can recall being in a RC school in Greenock interviewing the head teacher c 1977. I found it very odd he had two framed pictures on his wall....The Pope and Pele. They fuse the two interests together and use them to very good effect.....at least they used to.

They would never have recovered, however I agree with some others it would never have been allowed to happen to them, they would have been protected them from all angles and HMRC would have been put under huge pressure to make a deal or back off.

In the exact same situation they would have had political assistance from the Scottish government. Any attempt to smear the club would be met with the "anti-irish racism" card.
The whole club/company argument would be in full swing. They have previous for this with their "separate entity" nonsense. They might have been given a points deduction but the placemen in football governance and politics would have see them weather the storm.

If it went tits up the way it went for us, they would be rioting on the streets.

In the exact same situation they would have had political assistance from the Scottish government. Any attempt to smear the club would be met with the "anti-irish racism" card.
The whole club/company argument would be in full swing. They have previous for this with their "separate entity" nonsense. They might have been given a points deduction but the placemen in football governance and politics would have see them weather the storm.

If it went tits up the way it went for us, they would be rioting on the streets.
Would govt help not be against UEFA rules ?

The truth is we will never know, because it would never have been allowed to happen then, and it certainly won't happen now. Simple. I might be wrong, but I don't think we would have led the charge to demote them the way they did us, and for sure Hibs, Dundee Utd and Aberdeen would not have been as anti Celtic, as they were anti Rangers. They have no scores to settle with them as far as I can tell.

As for Celtic's fans? I agree with the view that they have a faithful core who would have done what we have done, and that it is probably significantly smaller 25-30,000. That may have taken them longer to recover from as a result. I do though think they wouldn't have marched to Hampden, they would have taken it down. They collectively are angrier than we are, which maybe is our own downfall sometimes.

All I’ll say is, I hope they kept the banners which kept the seats warm when Deila was manager because they’re going to need them.

They have had 3 dodgy months and lost 2 league games this season and look how the animals are behaving. What would they have done with the 10 years we've just had? Go figure.

I think they would of struggled. Their support isn’t as loyal as ours. They may though have found a saviour such as Fergus McCann. If it was fans only they have a hardcore 15/20k so I think they would of kept going but not came back as quickly (relatively) as we have.

I've asked celtic fans what they would've done if that had been them running out against brechin that day in late July 2012 instead of us.

They can't answer it. By their own admission it wouldn't have been 'them' running out against brechin. It would've been some new club playing its first ever game.

And yet there we were, feeling the same emotions and love and commitment to Rangers as we always have.

So they can either admit it would indeed have been 'them' and would've continued supporting their, or admit that celtic fc are nothing more than an empty soulless corporate entity. A share. A companies house number.

Back