Hypothetically how would Celtic have coped with what Rangers have been through in last 10 years?

I think they will struggle next season .I doubt they will be patient .I'd Eddie Howe gets the job he is a team builder in general.You will see what little patience they have for that so assuming they ever did take the biggest plunge I don't think they would handle it well at all.
It's been summed up better than me on here.They hate Rangers more than they love their own club.Dave Kings interview in here clarifies how they see it and how a Rangers man sees it.

They certainly wouldn’t have been setting world attendance records whilst stuck in the lower divisions, that’s for sure.

from the scummy fans perspective!

I have no doubt there would have been "football" fan/s killed and im not kidding!

que the "panty wetter " shite patter, but i sincerely believe they would have went mob handed looking too cause harm to anything remotely "Rangers"

Regardless of who was to blame, our situation reversed with the so called "banter years" would have unhinged them to a larger degree than they are now, and i believe they would have been a lot more violent.

They would not have survived.

When we were in the fourth tier, we were
still almost filling our stadium, whilst they
were playing to crowds of 10-15K.

I still have pictures of how their crowds
looked during the time we were on our
way back and they were dismal.

All of the CL monies they made went
to keep them ticking over until we got
back, then, suddenly, they were all Sewtik
froo'n'froo all over again.

Fair-weather fans: nothing more nothing less.

They would spend their time in bookshops stealing all the books written by conspiracy theorists telling them it was a Masonic/Orange/DUP plot to get rid of them, all backed by Rangers.

Politicians would never have allowed it.
Absolutely.

No way would the authorities have dropped Celtic three tiers and tried to remove all titles won over the course of a decade.

However, the more activist among their support would have made the life of a David Murray equivalent hell many years before administration. They’d have been demanding he sell the club to others and be assisted by the media in running a campaign to remove him.

I disagree.

Their hatred for us far outweighs the love they have for their own club where as we focus on just us. It's always been about 55 ever since Warburton gained promotion back to the top flight and never about the tainted ten.

We consume their every waking though and I honestly think if the roles were reversed they would struggle to survive. Remember that this wasn't supposed to happen back in the dark days of 2012.

I guess though we'll never know.

Absolutely will never know mate. However by the sams token there are folk that have watched that lot throughout our tough times etc. Folk that fell away when we were playing the dregs of the leagues.....folk who wouldn't be interested in going to watch us play Peterhead at home......the same ones who will be lapping it all up now.

As much as I hate that lot, I think we all know our position we were in was unique and many were different through the process.

They are still scum regardless of what support they would have for their support.
Our position was unprecedented and would be regardless of what club it happened to.

Christ look at the state of them just now and that's after 12 trophies in a row. There is no doubt in my mind that most of them would have given up on them. Probably have turned to supporting manure or someone else

The fundamentalist zealots would still be around, they see their club as an extension of the Catholic Church and the IRA and it’s a cause to them.
The fair weather fans who only took up season tickets when Ben Turpin rebuilt the Piggery and saw it as a kind of status thing would drift away.
I would hope the biggest loss in numbers would be deluded Protestants who closed their eyes and ears to all the bile because they thought it was worthwhile to watch a successful team.

Slightly against the grain.
It would have massively appealed to their sense of victim Hood. And initially they would have revelled in it.

Doubtful that would have lasted all the way up the leagues though.

The top tier of their stands would be closed.

In fact kind of like how it was for them when we weren't in the league.

Someone like Darren O'Dea or Jackie (they are not very good) McNamara would be their manager.

Its perfectly feasible their church would've stepped in to help out. After all, having a sporting wing is a clever form of crowd control. I can recall being in a RC school in Greenock interviewing the head teacher c 1977. I found it very odd he had two framed pictures on his wall....The Pope and Pele. They fuse the two interests together and use them to very good effect.....at least they used to.
Iv been in a house with a framed Lisbon lions picture and picture of Mary and Jesus on the wall.Plus a water dip thing in the hallway to bless yourself.The bloke used to live two doors from where I used to live.In Cannock.He had moved here in the 60s .This was probably 2013

Back