I'm making this up as I need attention: Spiers is heading back to the Herald as head of sport

They sacked her too, then reinstated her, then eventually sacked her again. Wasn't she the editor at the Herald? If she was she must be the worst editor in the paper's history.
I have seen articles posted , on line, and MSM, that she doesn't even have the proper credentials to be a journalist.

A mentally challenged I worked with a couple of years ago mentioned it to me one time and when I replied "you mean the daily rebel"? he looked totally surprised. He was convinced it was biased towards us. Their lunacy knows no bounds.
To be fair if it is not a rag that praises the scum overvalue their players run stories about anti irish racism and help cover up the sordid history of CFC and its boys club tthey would think of it as anti Celtic.

Oh wait a minute it does all of that but it does not have Celtic in the title and has an R in it so must be anti celtic

A mentally challenged I worked with a couple of years ago mentioned it to me one time and when I replied "you mean the daily rebel"? he looked totally surprised. He was convinced it was biased towards us. Their lunacy knows no bounds.
They have a financial tie in with the filth. They are up the fecking lum.

I went out with Sloan's cousin in the early 80s when he had a column in the Sunday Mail (I think).
None of her family talked to him because he was "an insufferable pr ick".
I once listened to his late night show one time circa 1984. Simple Minds were the best band in the world he said.

He also made a crack about Eric Caldow's broken leg one time.

I once listened to his late night show one time circa 1984. Simple Minds were the best band in the world he said.

He also made a crack about Eric Caldow's broken leg one time.
Sounds like his fu cking style. Piece of sh it.
I hadn't heard his name for about 35 years until roughly 6 weeks ago. It just shows that you never get rid of his ilk. They always manage to resurface like crocodiles in a swamp pool.

The herald is far from that. If you check out the unionist websites out there you will see many link to herald stories.

All the yessers there work for the national which is a rag.

They asked my friend to go work for them but my mate was having none of it.
Iain MacWhirter, Kevin McKenna et al work for the herald.

Iain MacWhirter, Kevin McKenna et al work for the herald.
So do other people. My friend works there and is a Rangers supporting Unionist.

There is a fair balance to their writing. Granted the sports section needs a refresh but they have a fair balance elsewhere.

So do other people. My friend works there and is a Rangers supporting Unionist.

There is a fair balance to their writing. Granted the sports section needs a refresh but they have a fair balance elsewhere.
I know someone (Rangers fan) who used to work there or maybe he still dies as I’ve not seen him for a wee while. Still a nationalist supporting enemy of Rangers

I used to love getting the Sunday herald and spending a few hours over a coffee going through it, the sports sections was never the best but around 15 years ago it started to become toxic.

speirs fucked the Times and that was that.

I genuinely miss getting a decent paper on a Sunday.

I know we hate him, but surely even that lot know he has no credibility?

It seems a very strange appointment for a paper dying on it’s arse.

Almost Ratner-esque.
This is the thing. People like him, liars, charlatans, story tellers, bigoty, type of folks can bring a newspaper down. He has absolutely no credibility. His reputation will tarnish a paper.

The Herald is American-owned and could not give a shit about Scotland or the U.K.

Even the Yessers don’t buy the National. It’s difficult to know what the strategy is other than a formerly important Scottish newspaper has been ruined by Yanks.

Not one for being a “troll” and i’m not a looker myself but by %^*& she is one horrible looking bastard and has the personality to match. It’s a real shame i must breathe the same air as that orc.
Never knew who she was until I saw a previous thread on here where her name came up.

Completely unfunny, and an all round weirdo. She's horrific

To think my old man used to get the glasgow herald when I was growing up. Digital media has just given fuds like Spiers and English easier access to provoke outcry rather than proper journalistic revelations. Gone are the days when media outlets were held to a standard.

Lesley Riddoch started on Saturday, and now...

uktv-terrahawks.jpg

They are. It isn't far off. Might hang about in digital form, but will it have strong enough numbers to survive as anything other than a blog

No they are not mate, don't know where you are getting that from.

I'd also like to point out that if you frequent the pro Unionist websites, they have many links to Herald articles that rip into the SNP and nationalism.

There is a lot of good stuff in there and many good people still work there.

Don't know what the fxxk they are thinking with Janey Godley though - am sure she will be well warned about what she writes.

The Herald is American-owned and could not give a shit about Scotland or the U.K.

Even the Yessers don’t buy the National. It’s difficult to know what the strategy is other than a formerly important Scottish newspaper has been ruined by Yanks.
No, it's been ruined by on going Scottish RC bigotry, sectarianism, revisionism and lies and of course useful idiots like Spiers.. And that's been a feature over the last two decades.

Its demise can't come quick enough.

Back