I am 50 I have been lucky to see many wonderful "Rangers" highs

Bearinabluehose

And a few lows .

For me I will never forget 2 things that literally made me emotionally weak as they happened .

This

The nerves and relief

And this

My first final by myself and had a suitcase with me in the main stand at hamdump as I was going to boarding college straight after the game (motec Livingston)

I have lived in an era where we had some of the finest players ever grace our club .

I have saw/seen lots of the greats from the 70s

Huge European nights in etc the super ally/Hatley goals at Leeds real amazing moments to be a bear !

I have never looked forward to so much to a confirmation of a title or a cup .

If I am being greedy the confirmation game I would love a special goal to win it a goal we can refer back to as the metaphorical goal that won 55 .

I know it feels a bit silly to say this but I feel like a weight has been lifted off my brain with the upcoming 55 it has bought some sanity back to my thoughts.

I first went to a rangers match at 7 years of age in 1993. I was never gonna support another club as my dad and older cousin always were a major influence in who I would support. I was so used to success when I started going that when we lost the league in 1998 it was heart breaking. I had never experienced that before.

i just hope we go on to dominate now for a good few years more

And a few lows .

For me I will never forget 2 things that literally made me emotionally weak as they happened .

This

The nerves and relief

And this

My first final by myself and had a suitcase with me in the main stand at hamdump as I was going to boarding college straight after the game (motec Livingston)

I have lived in an era where we had some of the finest players ever grace our club .

Huge European nights in etc the super ally/Hatley goals at Leeds real amazing moments to be a bear !

If I am being greedy the confirmation game I would love a special goal to win it a goal we can refer back to as the metaphorical goal that won 55 .

I know it feels a bit silly to say this but I feel like a weight has been lifted off my brain with the upcoming 55 it has bought some sanity back to my thoughts.
Had the video of this sent out to N Zealand. couldn't wait for it to arrive. Watched it many times.

15th August 1998 - Rangers v Motherwell. My 6 year old son at his first game, him in his new strip, one row forward from the back of the Broomie, minutes to go, 1-1, Subway Loyal starting to leave, the wee fella asks “are we going now Dad?”
Dad puts his credibility on the line and boldly declares that the Rangers will get the winner if he stays till the end. 90th minute, his hero Jorg Albertz plants the penalty in the net, he’s happy, I’m happy and the first of many magic moments for us two is born.
Now we’re going to celebrate 55 via a zoom call! Who’d have thought it?

Last edited:
And a few lows .

This

The nerves and relief

And this

That was my first cup final with my old man and uncle.
That’s when I fell in love with Cooper.

I’m of similar vintage and this year is exactly as you state, a weight has been lifted. It’s pure magic. If history repeats itself and we lose next year I’ll be happy with what then follows.

The old skol cup finals were brilliant, trophy in the bag before Xmas.

Reactions: TQ3
Auld cants.
I'm 49, makes me the 72 vintage, and my highpoints would be Pittodrie 87, the treble in 93 clinched at the piggery and Novo's pen.
This will be up there.

Same age and was at both those games, which I agree were incredible moments never to be forgotten. After everything we have been through this is going to be pretty special and days like you mentioned will return to be savoured once again on a regular basis :)

By the time I was old enough to start going to games Rangers had not won the title for 5/6 years, during niar I had a young family and money went on them so missed out on attending some of the high points. When my son was older I started taking him up for games and luckily he shared in some of the good times and he stuck with it during the last 9 years.

Low points, Motherwell play off games and getting beaten 1-0 by bloody Raith, High points, Glasgow derby v Queens Park, Murrayfield v Hearts and taking my dad and son up to Falkirk in a cup game.

Trips to Clyde, Leipzig, Moscow and Gibraltar

The barren years will make 55 that much better

I’m a similar age, and That Davie Cooper freekick is still the best struck free kick I have ever witnessed. It hit the net as the sound of the thud reached the Rangers end. My first experience of the speed of sound delivered by Super Cooper!
Agreee with that Me and my brother were as far as you could get from that goal - back row of Mt Florida end. So far we were jumping up and down before the waves of sound fae the other parts of the ground hit us. We also had 'oor whits the goalie daen..? moment shouting at Trevor Francis when he was taken the half a step penalty 'run up' ... whits he daen???? of course game finished off by Durrants sublime almost celebrating before he hit it run up.

And a few lows .

This

The nerves and relief

And this

I was at that Final when Coops scored that belter I'm 50 as well.

Lots of 50 year olds here, coops goal in that final , helicopter Sunday and bizarrely for me 0-0 Bayern(1989)and 3-0 defeat to red star(1990) were also highlights.
This (55) will eclipse all of that as those who are our age grew up on success but now I think us older ones will never take it for granted the way we used too, we I for one won’t.

About same age. Countless great games, amazing how many are SC Finals 78, 81 (replay) 96, 02. NIAR was more relief, Eight in a row against Aberdeen was truly amazing, as was the 91 decider. Juventus, PSV, Dynamo Kiev, Leeds, Marseille, Parma, Manchester. Countless games against Celtic, winning the league at Parkhead, 92 SC Semi at Hampden, Durrant in 86, 5-1 in 88, the Mars Bar game. The SC Semi Final Shoot Out.

Funnily enough, the League Cup Final v's St Boo was incredible. Getting back into the SPL with Halliday taking the loudspeaker.

But this year is the greatest. Wining the league is great, but to win the league with a strong showing in Europe, shows we are not just the best of a bad lot and a horrible Celtic team, but we are a true Rangers team.

I was at tannidice the night we won 9 in a row, what feeling that was, but this for me will be better. After the all the crap we have to put up with with that shower lording it over us, it will be the sweetest feeling ever. Just had 3 reptiles leave a work group chat because me and fellow bears have been giving it to them stinking for the last 2 weeks since we knew the title was coming home. Had to listen to their nonsense for years. I for one can't wait to get this over the line. I'll be raising a glass to be my dad who I lost in 2014 with the biggest smile on my face and tears in my eyes! Can't wait, onwards to 55 troops, savour every second of it!!

Another member of the 50 club here, my highest moment has to be being at Tannadice to Laudrup's goal, we only just made it in time because of late departure from Glasgow.

I've not been to a game for over 10 years now and I don't know when I'll next be at one but the next few weeks and the past couple of months have been my most enjoyable time as a Rangers fan ever.

By the time I was old enough to start going to games Rangers had not won the title for 5/6 years, during niar I had a young family and money went on them so missed out on attending some of the high points. When my son was older I started taking him up for games and luckily he shared in some of the good times and he stuck with it during the last 9 years.

Low points, Motherwell play off games and getting beaten 1-0 by bloody Raith, High points, Glasgow derby v Queens Park, Murrayfield v Hearts and taking my dad and son up to Falkirk in a cup game.

Trips to Clyde, Leipzig, Moscow and Gibraltar

The barren years will make 55 that much better
Agree losing to MWell in playoffs has to be lowest.

For league highs wining in '87 was massive cos we had struggled for a few years and behind Tims, sheep, Dee Hibs and Jam Tarts I thought we were goin nowhere, the man Souness and Walter changed all that 12 titles in 14 years includin 9 in a row but that day when Gazza scored hat trick on way to 8 in a row can still make me teary when I see it and think about it. When get the final point for 55 it will be right up there but it can't be the same sitting at home watching on telly we can only hope....

About same age. Countless great games, amazing how many are SC Finals 78, 81 (replay) 96, 02. NIAR was more relief, Eight in a row against Aberdeen was truly amazing, as was the 91 decider. Juventus, PSV, Dynamo Kiev, Leeds, Marseille, Parma, Manchester. Countless games against Celtic, winning the league at Parkhead, 92 SC Semi at Hampden, Durrant in 86, 5-1 in 88, the Mars Bar game. The SC Semi Final Shoot Out.

Funnily enough, the League Cup Final v's St Boo was incredible. Getting back into the SPL with Halliday taking the loudspeaker.

But this year is the greatest. Wining the league is great, but to win the league with a strong showing in Europe, shows we are not just the best of a bad lot and a horrible Celtic team, but we are a true Rangers team.
Same age group, I'll just echo your words.

You have brought back some amazing memories there. Those Skol cup finals were amazing. Just old enough to start going to Section J and H under the old roof. The sound was spine tingling. i also feel the weight will be lifted off after some real low points. What a fighting spirit and loyalty the fans have shown. Amazing. I will enjoy this with my boy and brothers and relatives in whatever way possible. It will be sweet. The sweetest of all I think.

Not 50 anymore, in my sixties now, first game v Arsenal in 1968. Highlights are many, a lot less lows thankfully.
Taking my son to his first game was a highlight (posted previously) as was 9 in a row, Manchester 2008 and many more.
Low point obviously Jan 1971, thankfully not allowed to go to game and then of course the events of 2012 onwards.
Had a lot of great memories of Rangers league and cup wins, hope the young team feel as euphoric as the auld team did in 1975 which in terms of league wins was a similar period. Enjoy it lads.

I'm 48 in a few weeks, lots of top emotional stuff i've seen. 9 in a row, league cup finals late 80's, winning trebles, McCoist speach after winning 3rd division etc.
Things are going to get worse once 55 is officially over. Even today I was in my local Morrisions (Greenock) and Simply The Best was on, visioned the parties to come in next few weeks and started filling up..

I‘ll be 55 on the 16th of May, it’s going to be the best birthday gift ever when we get the 55th. I’ve been a season ticket holder since I was 13 years old and I’ve saw the very good and the very bad of Rangers. It’s very easy to follow during the good times, but during our lean spells I followed on knowing that it was only a matter of time before the highs came once more. I learned as a very young bear that no matter the result we’d still follow the team every week through thick and thin. I also learned that our support was a family who not only supported the team but each other. When we finally get this one over the line I’ll have tears of joy streaming down my face, not just with what the team has just achieved, but for all our Rangers Family. God Bless You All and The Rangers, the people I adore.

56 y and can’t wait to clinch it ...went to all the cup finals we got to in the late 70s and 80s we didn’t win many titles then but always got to cup finals.Will dedicate this one to my wee bro who passed away 5 y ago aged 44 and went to many a game with me....also to my dad who passed 2 y ago and had a shop on Copeland road where we used to go and help up till 230 and then pay into the centenary stand to watch the games in the early 70s This ones gonna be amazing and so sickening for the Tim’s as they thought it was in the bag after being handed the title last year.Cmon the bears.

58yrs now,saw first cup final in 73 on tv,76 in the flesh.
saw the great ajax team in the super cup with my dad and gramps and the double high of beating juventus (practically the italian 78 world cup team) & psv (first team to beat them in europe on their own ground) in 78-79.
witnessed the treble teams of 76 (didn't fully appreciate it) & 78 under jock wallace (one of the best teams and spelled the end of that era).
then followed the many,many highs from graeme souness and walter smith arriving to this day with stevie gerrard,too many to mention but i've had many fantastic memories with the gers in my lifetime and many more ahead.
gotta say that my fave away grounds,although both were shitholes but created the best atmosphere when filled with bears in full on mode,were the old parkhead and hampden.

And a few lows .

This

The nerves and relief

And this

Was 69 on valentine's day,the day we supposedly died,first game was 1960 aged 8,my dad Vinnie took me and my elder brother Stephen,been going on and off every season,sadly dad passed on 2002,stephen coming up 2 years on 9th march,not silly that you feel the weight off your brain thousands of us feel the same,I've warned my partner to have boxes of tissues or hankies as I will be greetin like a wain bearinblue,and if it is anywhere around the 9th march I will be totally inconsolable, saw us thro 2 dark times their 1st nine,our demise and their8 .75, saw us win 9 cups etc and some unbelievable European nights but this one will be the sweetest yet,uncle ernie papa bobo and Garry telfer willie with my dad and brother in our blue heaven cheering us on,and like many I just cant wait WATP

As a 60 year old this has been the 3rd extended period in my lifetime without Rangers winning a league championship. But the 10 years from mid 60s to mid 70s and the 9 years from the late 70s to late 80s weren't remotely comparable to this past decade (at least we won some cups along the way during those previous barren spells.) This one will be the greatest league title of them all for me.

Agreee with that Me and my brother were as far as you could get from that goal - back row of Mt Florida end. So far we were jumping up and down before the waves of sound fae the other parts of the ground hit us. We also had 'oor whits the goalie daen..? moment shouting at Trevor Francis when he was taken the half a step penalty 'run up' ... whits he daen???? of course game finished off by Durrants sublime almost celebrating before he hit it run up.
I remember seeing the tims going mental at one cup final, but couldn’t hear them, then a roar built up, but as it did some Bear shouted “Hello,Hello.” and we all went mental joining in.
Trevor Francis run up is legendary my friend, but I don’t know one person that didn’t go “WTF is he doing?” at the time! :)) :))

I remember seeing the tims going mental at one cup final, but couldn’t hear them, then a roar built up, but as it did some Bear shouted “Hello,Hello.” and we all went mental joining in.
Trevor Francis run up is legendary my friend, but I don’t know one person that didn’t go “WTF is he doing?” at the time! :)) :))
Could've been the league cup final where paul elliot scored first for them but Gough scored winner for us I;m no sure but that was when Butcher was left out and was big shock and never played again. Trevor Francis was a cool guy I happened to be at the old Albion and watched Gers training and at end a ball came over twards me and I flicked it up a couple of timesI kicked it back to Trev who keepied it up for 2 mins and kicked it back to some other guys watching a couple times bfore wee George Soutar shouted for the ball back to put in the bag. I can say I played fitba wi Trevor Francis

Could've been the league cup final where paul elliot scored first for them but Gough scored winner for us I;m no sure but that was when Butcher was left out and was big shock and never played again. Trevor Francis was a cool guy I happened to be at the old Albion and watched Gers training and at end a ball came over twards me and I flicked it up a couple of timesI kicked it back to Trev who keepied it up for 2 mins and kicked it back to some other guys watching a couple times bfore wee George Soutar shouted for the ball back to put in the bag. I can say I played fitba wi Trevor Francis
The closest I got was Trevor Francis football boots for my school trials, long before he came to us!

My favourite game was beating Wolverhampton at the Stadium in 1961 was 14 at the time . Over 80000+ singing follow follow billy boys sash unbelievable. Started going mid 50s my favourite player was Mr Hubbard. The others game never forget is Dundee cup final .

The closest I got was Trevor Francis football boots for my school trials, long before he came to us!
:))

Him and Souness had a kind of presence just walking along with the other players couldve been because they had played at top level England Italy won euro cups.. or maybe cos they were mllionaires wi all the boots they had sold!!

Back