I am absolutely burst! I’m sure I’m not alone.

Papasmurf keep posting mate as you are clearly a diehard and I love reading your comments…salt of the earth mate and enjoy the Summer with our new signings.

This season has been nuts. Culminating in this mental week. I’m so glad we won the trophy. I’m so glad we made it to seville. And I’m so glad the seasons done.

I’m away to hibernate. See you for the CL qualifiers :D
You'll be posting well before that, there's never a break from The Famous!
:))

I was utterly burst after Wednesday, one of the biggest low I’ve ever felt after a game.

But today was terrific and a really good way to end the season, we can all now look forward to next season with genuine optimism.
As good as today has been, Wednesday keeps overtaking my thoughts.
In my 41 years, this is my first SCF and I'm delighted to have won it.
I can't shake the feeling though that wednesday was my last European final.
It's going to take a while to get over it.

This season has been nuts. Culminating in this mental week. I’m so glad we won the trophy. I’m so glad we made it to seville. And I’m so glad the seasons done.

Ha ha . Brilliant . I’ve still not recovered from Wednesday , just glad we ended season with a trophy , would have been a disaster if we hadn’t .
Roll On next season. Another rollercoaster

Very emotional but fantastic season following the managerial changeover. So much to look forward to.

Only got back yesterday night, so was knackered this morning. Felt tired prior to the game starting but once we got going it was all forgotten about. Delighted we won, had a few celebratory pints, now knackered again:))

In my local for cup final and the barman goes to set me up another drink,just said to him I’m away home been on it for 5 days and I can’t take anymore lol

Wallet burst, head burst and no voice left. Good few days in Malaga n Sevilla despite the result. Glad we won today to bring the season to an end n wee break for my liver

Summed up brilliantly. It’s the first time I can remember thinking fans need a break. It’s been emotional and we’ve given everything. Time to recharge and get ready to create the worlds greatest atmosphere again for the CL qualifiers

I'm mentally drained this season with Rangers. Two extra-time Cup Finals in a couple of days just topped it off. :))

Just land at Edinburgh Airport from our jaunt to seville when we went into extra time and the relief when seen us go 2 up was great .watching the celebrations had a lump in my throat thinking about Wednesday. need to move on but it's what Rangers do to you .....love it

Time to recharge the batteries and get ready to go again next season, both players and fans.

Enjoy the break and look forward to seeing who comes and goes

Said this today - trust us lot to all be far too burst to properly celebrate tonight haha!

Still delighted none the less!

Still gutted about Wednesday and what could've been for this team. Our European run was incredible and I honestly think that on another night we'd have beaten Frankfurt, we just didn't turn up.
Not having the 'we didn't turn up'...

Said as much to mates , I’ll be glad when the final whistle blows at hampden for a we break , fine know I’ll be missing it already come next weekend :))

Nothing will ever make up for wednesday but delighted to win the cup today.

These players deserved to end the season with a trophy.

At the end of 90 mins i was getting thoughts of another shoot out :eek:

Agree with the OP. This season has been long, emotional and draining. Will be glad to have a break. Kudos to the players for somehow keeping the energy levels going. Mine were flagging from a few weeks ago.

It’s been a long season and a costly one for a lot of fans, emotionally and financially.

I just see today as the start of the new season (if you see what I mean). The culmination of the season was Seville. I have massive hopes for the coming year.

We gave Hertz a real going over this afternoon despite the massive midweek effort - that is supposed to be the best of the rest. If Gio can retain and create a squad like this one I have massive faith.

In saying all that, yes we need a break.

Said in another thread mate, don’t know about the players but I’ve certainly emptied the tank this season.

I shed a few tears at full time, not sure if it was joy, relief or just a mixture of emotions

I need a break from football, think we all do.

See you all in a few weeks and we go again

Love the Rangers and the Rangers family
Bring on marching season , thankfully we’ve always something to celebrate EVERY SUMMER

I've went into the red because of this season, but hopefully I'll claw it back soon. I wouldn't change a single thing.

Like the OP I'm officially a burst couch and just want a hug aff somebody. It's been emotional and winning the cup today has lifted my spirits immensely.

I'm glad of the break from the intense emotion it takes following my team.

Come late July I'll be back again.

I've went into the red because of this season, but hopefully I'll claw it back soon. I wouldn't change a single thing.

Like the OP I'm officially a burst couch and just want a hug aff somebody. It's been emotional and winning the cup today has lifted my spirits immensely.

PM sent :D

I’m away back to Malaga on Monday for a holiday with the wife that was booked ages ago.

I can see it and another airport far enough but at some point I know I’ll disappear quietly myself and just burst into tears.

Delighted to see the players with a smile on their face again. That's the main thing I took from today. Glad to win, but in contrast to Wednesday's trophy, today feels a bit hollow. Today is reality. Winning in Scotland. Wednesday was another level, the level I believe our club deserves to be.

Held back the tears seeing Mcgregor coming on. Would have meant the world to us all to see him and Davis lift a European trophy. Proper Rangers men.

Delighted to see the players with a smile on their face again. That's the main thing I took from today. Glad to win, but in contrast to Wednesday's trophy, today feels a bit hollow. Today is reality. Winning in Scotland. Wednesday was another level, the level I believe our club deserves to be.

Held back the tears seeing Mcgregor coming on. Would have meant the world to us all to see him and Davis lift a European trophy. Proper Rangers men.
I didn’t have a tear when he came on. Not me. Nope. My contact lense was a bit itchy

People talk about players who pick up injuries but in the last 72hrs I've injured two legs, one badly, bruised a rib and smashed a phone screen celebrating Rangers goals. Time for the introduction of fan treatment tables.

Getting bevvied and reflecting on a wild season. At the same time, I'm dreading work tomorrow and the lady's front bottom of a hangiver that's in the post.

Glad it's over and we have something to show for it.
Come next Saturday I'll be moaning like %^*& because there's not a game :D

Signing off for a few weeks, will loiter in the Lounge, the last few weeks have been genuinely mental.

Last edited:
Totally burst. That squad of players deserved that today. Had a lot of doubters and if a number of them are moving on delighted they got to win a trophy in front of the supporters if it was there last game to give them our thanks. Been an incredible season and this group of players have gave us everything and some unbelievable memories. Well deserved break and go again

I shed a few tears at full time, not sure if it was joy, relief or just a mixture of emotions

I need a break from football, think we all do.

See you all in a few weeks and we go again

Love the Rangers and the Rangers family
It’s been a tough month or two mate

I was ok till the whistle went then I let go a bit

Feeling a mixed right now. Still gutted at losing on Wednesday, a striker would have sorted it. Agree with OP.
Proud of our support. Watching the German cup final right now, and realise how good RB are.
Well done my team.
Hearts ruined the final. Playing for a point.
So f… them we are still the people

%^*& knows how the players got through extra time today.

I felt like fucking off at the end of the 90 minutes as I didnt think I had another extra time in me.

All worth it in the end though.

Character and fitness in spades today. Bossed 2nd half and all of extra time.

The last year has been an emotional Roller-coaster for me, mostly downers, tonight I feel brilliant.

Couldn’t have said it Bette myself OP, I’m done and glad that’s the season over. Arrived back in Glasgow airport today at 14:00 made it to Hampden for 15;05 for the final.
Stayed behind for a good hour after the final whistle and soaked it all up then sauntered to the exit and finally home tonight about a week after walking out the front door. What a week of emotions, rest then role on next season.

Im 67 and seen it all over the years since my first game at about 10 years old. This week has been one emotional stressful experience, was desperate we won today after the amazing effort the players have put in especially over the last few weeks, even at 2 up today and coasting i was a wreck. So proud of our team tonight.

Can't remember a season of highs and lows quite like this.

We all need to switch off for a few weeks, fans and players.

Next Friday…… oh good a wee break from the football for a few weeks

The Following Friday…….shite no football this weekend,when’s it back?

Back