I believe in miracles

toobl

Official Ticketer
If anyone is looking for anything to watch (and has BT Sports) I would recommend I believe in miracles. This is the story of Nottingham Forest’s first European Cup win. Watched it earlier this week and really enjoyed the footage from the 70’s and every round on their way to the win. Some of the stories about Clough were very funny too.

BT seem to have a few good football documentaries as the Wimbledon Crazy Gang, Bradford Fire, Greavsie and Team of the 80’s are also good watches

BT seem to have a few good football documentaries as the Wimbledon Crazy Gang, Bradford Fire, Greavsie and Team of the 80’s are also good watches

Enjoyed these. Another that was on the other night, Iron Men, about West Ham's last weeks at the Boleyn Ground and their move to the London Stadium. That's well worth a watch as well.

If anyone is looking for anything to watch (and has BT Sports) I would recommend I believe in miracles. This is the story of Nottingham Forest’s first European Cup win. Watched it earlier this week and really enjoyed the footage from the 70’s and every round on their way to the win. Some of the stories about Clough were very funny too.

1979 - the year I thought we were going to win it. Knocked out a tremendous Juventus team ( includes a large part of the Italian national team). Then beat PSV Eindhoven in the 2nd round (first team ever to win a European match on their patch). In the quarter final 1st leg lost 1-0 away to Cologne giving a great chance of progressing. Unfortunately drew the home leg 1-1, a game postponed 24hrs due to the weather - we’ll never know of course but at the time I was convinced the disruption (although admittedly it would be the same for both teams) affected our chance of progressing further.

1979 - the year I thought we were going to win it. Knocked out a tremendous Juventus team ( includes a large part of the Italian national team). Then beat PSV Eindhoven in the 2nd round (first team ever to win a European match on their patch). In the quarter final 1st leg lost 1-0 away to Cologne giving a great chance of progressing. Unfortunately drew the home leg 1-1, a game postponed 24hrs due to the weather - we’ll never know of course but at the time I was convinced the disruption (although admittedly it would be the same for both teams) affected our chance of progressing further.

me too, i arrogantly had a flag at the cologne game that said "glasgow rangers european champions 78-79

Was Clough the best ever manager? He was definitely in the top one.

(c) Him

Clough was a genius, well known of course but still worth repeating.

To actually win it twice was astonishing.
Had to beat arguably the best team in the World and reigning European Champions Liverpool over 2 legs in the first round of their first one .
They can’t win 1 never mind 2 if they don’t get through that tie .
One thing for sure we will never see the likes of it ever done again .

Cheers mate, always looking for recommendations

"We've got a little fat man who's going to turn him inside out.....*dramatic pause*.....inside out"

By far a greater achievement than that of another mob that's spent the last 50 years endlessly banging on about it. And they won it twice just to prove the point.

What would have happened if we got Clough as manager? We would have seen a Souness type revival.I am a dreamer but he would have took Greigs team all the way.I personally thought that was our year till I saw how Clough organization against the Cologne team which were beating them and turned it round.The rest is history...I know the chances were non existant getting him to Ibrox.

Back