I complained to sky sports RE orange b******s chant

CoulibalyLoyal

During the Killie game when that lot were calling fat boyd an Orange bastard and Crocker and walker are laughing over the commentary about it I decided I would complain regarding it and this is the response I got today from sky:

Thank you for your patience while we looked in to this complaint for you.
We have received this response from the Sky Sports Team:
Sky Sports does everything it can to minimise any offensive language or chanting in all its broadcasts, and neither Sky nor its people condone this type of behaviour in any way.

Ofcom has a strict broadcasting code and Sky Sports has a standard to maintain on behalf of its viewers.

Andy Walker's headphones had the crowd noise turned down and his director turned up at the time of his comment about Kris Boyd, and his point was a general one about someone he knows who would thrive on interaction with the crowd.

Andy's comments were totally unrelated to the chants and both he and Sky apologise for any offence caused by this incident.
Thank you once again for taking the time to contact us.
Kind Regards
Kerry
Viewer Relations Team

20gk0pg.jpg

5ttbvm.jpg

We are hardly angels on the abuse front are we? Cheers up Brendan Rogers...... We are Rangers no one likes us...... Up to our knees in....... The only song that I could play.... We hate Roman Catholics..... et al.
Clear up our own song list, and we can go to town on the Beggars. Until then, it's a non starter.

We are hardly angels on the abuse front are we? Cheers up Brendan Rogers...... We are Rangers no one likes us...... Up to our knees in....... The only song that I could play.... We hate Roman Catholics..... et al.
Clear up our own song list, and we can go to town on the Beggars. Until then, it's a non starter.
have you ever heard sky's commentators laugh and joke about songs getting sung by Rangers fans.no i fucking dont think so.its usually poor lenny he doesn't deserve that.who needs enemies ehh

I appreciate it is the "double standards" etc, but genuinely do people really give a %^*& about things like this?

I always find people who get involved in bickering about what is sung at games at football the absolute dullest.

State a you

A large section of our support refer to themselves as Huns . This makes it difficult to get the term classed as offensive. The Papes on the other hand have the Offended bus ready at the slightest indication of abuse and use their poor downtrodden Oirish race card every turn. They seem to be totally innocent and blameless victims and we are the aggressors .

The difference is it would be pointed out how outrageous the chanting of such sectarian bile is in the 21st Century and that those chanting it are "knuckle draggers". Instead of that we get the two numbskulls commentating laughing at the abuse of an ex-Ranger (and presumably a Protestant) and stating that "he loves it, doesn't he". Have you ever heard them say the same about TLB?

The difference is it would be pointed out how outrageous the chanting of such sectarian bile is in the 21st Century and that those chanting it are "knuckle draggers". Instead of that we get the two numbskulls commentating laughing at the abuse of an ex-Ranger (and presumably a Protestant) and stating that "he loves it, doesn't he". Have you ever heard them say the same about TLB?

No I haven’t, and that’s not really my point. We have people claiming to be offended by the songs the pond life sing but fail to see the irony in our choice of songs.
I feel morally and intellectually superior to any of the Vhermin, and will continue to do so by not being judged on their terms. TLB is a rancid character who sunk to the lowest common denominator to appeal to them.

If only we signed a catholic then...

Or if only we stopped singing The Billy Boys...

Pull your pants up Kenny, you're embarrassing yourself.

A large section of our support refer to themselves as Huns . This makes it difficult to get the term classed as offensive. The Papes on the other hand have the Offended bus ready at the slightest indication of abuse and use their poor downtrodden Oirish race card every turn. They seem to be totally innocent and blameless victims and we are the aggressors .

A lot of the scum class themselves as 19th Century Terrorists.

As other posters have pointed out, it’s not about the songs it’s about the double standards.

Also, can you tell me which Rangers song contains the line I’ve highlighted please? Because I’ve never heard it.

No I haven’t, and that’s not really my point. We have people claiming to be offended by the songs the pond life sing but fail to see the irony in our choice of songs.
I feel morally and intellectually superior to any of the Vhermin, and will continue to do so by not being judged on their terms. TLB is a rancid character who sunk to the lowest common denominator to appeal to them.

So do I, and I for one am not complaining about the chants themselves. Both sides do it to the other and neither can take any moral high ground. But it's the commentators laughing it off as almost "a bit of the craic", instead of the vile sectarian abuse that it was, and I believe that's been the point of the OP's complaint to Sky.

During the Killie game when that lot were calling fat boyd an Orange bastard and Crocker and walker are laughing over the commentary about it I decided I would complain regarding it and this is the response I got today from sky:

Sky Sports does everything it can to minimise any offensive language or chanting in all its broadcasts, and neither Sky nor its people condone this type of behaviour in any way.

Ofcom has a strict broadcasting code and Sky Sports has a standard to maintain on behalf of its viewers.

Andy Walker's headphones had the crowd noise turned down and his director turned up at the time of his comment about Kris Boyd, and his point was a general one about someone he knows who would thrive on interaction with the crowd.

Andy's comments were totally unrelated to the chants and both he and Sky apologise for any offence caused by this incident.
Kind Regards
Kerry
Viewer Relations Team

20gk0pg.jpg

5ttbvm.jpg
Good on you for trying ,I keep doing the same with BBC Catholics,one word do another reply asking how did walker manage to comment on the incident if his earphones were tuned elsewhere,keep sending them even just for nuisance value!

I appreciate it is the "double standards" etc, but genuinely do people really give a %^*& about things like this?

I always find people who get involved in bickering about what is sung at games at football the absolute dullest.
When fans are getting arrested for singing the wrong songs or abusing certain managers (Lennon), yet they get away with it every week, then yes

When fans are getting arrested for singing the wrong songs or abusing certain managers (Lennon), yet they get away with it every week, then yes

It's never bothered me, sung what I like at games and never got in shit.

The 50p flute and we hate Roman Catholics songs are the most cringeworthy ever in our repertoire. I couldnt care less about what the low life sing, but I do care about Rangers

What u talkin about Willis, the thread is not about the singing or the content it is sky broadcasting in full volume to one incident yet other incidents are dampened down.

Don't start fuukin coming on here and making a different agenda.

People sing from the stands but what sky have done is allow high volume audio contrary to what should be the norm for both US and them.

Somebody at sky knew what those arseholes were singing but couldn't or wouldn't adjust a knob.

You are absolutely correct Kenny.

But that's not the issue.

You call it "abuse".
Sky refer here to " interaction with the crowd".
Most people would in the not to distant past have referred to it as "banter".
The BBC will either ignore it, praise it or accompany it with subtitles, depending on who is involved.
MPs and social media loudmouths will either ignore it or call for meetings, summits, bans, etc depending on who is involved.

This is the issue.

Shut up ffs. He wasn't talking about the song book or tit for tat, he was talking about the commentators laughing and brushing it off.

You one of the only sing rangers easy ok brigade catch yourself on fs

A large section?Honestly.Well i'm astonished because I've never heard any Rangers fan refer to us as huns. They are fannies if true.

I tell you what pal. You bury your thick skull in the sand, and I’ll deal with reality.
What reality is that,them squealing like pigs if certain words are sung,commentators and the msm attacking our club and fans,sectarian bigots etc.
Orange bastard equates to protestant bastard,commentators, msm laugh it off,no condemnation of it.
I'm of the opinion it's your skull in the sand my friend,that's the real reality of the situation.

Absolute bollocks, I don't know a single bear who refers to himself or any other bear as a hun.
In fact it's what we called them in the not so distant past.

What reality is that,them squealing like pigs if certain words are sung,commentators and the msm attacking our club and fans,sectarian bigots etc.
Orange bastard equates to protestant bastard,commentators, msm laugh it off,no condemnation of it.
I'm of the opinion it's your skull in the sand my friend,that's the real reality of the situation.

It really doesnt. The bit in bold is about as true as Speirs' classic about Gers fans using the word 19th Century Terrorist in place of Catholic.

Kind Regards
Kerry
Viewer Relations Team

20gk0pg.jpg

5ttbvm.jpg

The reply from sky is:

Back