I complained to sky sports RE orange b******s chant

Why is KB a member of the orange order or is it because he's a protestant?

Why is every single Celtic fan a 19th Century Terrorist bastard?

For the same reason that Celtic fans believe that it's ok to call Kris Boyd an Orange bastard.

Fans on both sides seem to want to claim some kind of cultural identity - in Celtic's case it's Irish republican whilst for Rangers fans it's Ulster unionist - and yet people seem to be surprised when one side decides to use that perceived identity as the basis for abuse.

Why did Celtic fans call Kris Boyd an Orange bastard? Because Boyd is a Rangers fan and former Rangers player and the perception they hold is that Rangers fans are culturally Ulster unionists.

During the Killie game when that lot were calling fat boyd an Orange bastard and Crocker and walker are laughing over the commentary about it I decided I would complain regarding it and this is the response I got today from sky:

Thank you for your patience while we looked in to this complaint for you.
We have received this response from the Sky Sports Team:
Sky Sports does everything it can to minimise any offensive language or chanting in all its broadcasts, and neither Sky nor its people condone this type of behaviour in any way.

Ofcom has a strict broadcasting code and Sky Sports has a standard to maintain on behalf of its viewers.

Andy Walker's headphones had the crowd noise turned down and his director turned up at the time of his comment about Kris Boyd, and his point was a general one about someone he knows who would thrive on interaction with the crowd.

Andy's comments were totally unrelated to the chants and both he and Sky apologise for any offence caused by this incident.
Thank you once again for taking the time to contact us.
Kind Regards
Kerry
Viewer Relations Team

20gk0pg.jpg

5ttbvm.jpg
r93byb.jpg

Why is every single Celtic fan a 19th Century Terrorist bastard?

For the same reason that Celtic fans believe that it's ok to call Kris Boyd an Orange bastard.

Fans on both sides seem to want to claim some kind of cultural identity - in Celtic's case it's Irish republican whilst for Rangers fans it's Ulster unionist - and yet people seem to be surprised when one side decides to use that perceived identity as the basis for abuse.

Why did Celtic fans call Kris Boyd an Orange bastard? Because Boyd is a Rangers fan and former Rangers player and the perception they hold is that Rangers fans are culturally Ulster unionists.
Ok mate fair enough but my original post was more to do with the double standards ie,commentators and media's reaction.
I prefer to call them papes and poets rather than the F word:)):cool: it annoys them more:))

Can I add for the people questioning why I bothered emailing in.

Wasn’t so much what they were singing . It was the fact the commentators who are meant to be impartial were laughing at the fact.

Wouldn’t hear that type of response if it was aimed at a Celtic or ex Celtic player

During the Killie game when that lot were calling fat boyd an Orange bastard and Crocker and walker are laughing over the commentary about it I decided I would complain regarding it and this is the response I got today from sky:

Sky Sports does everything it can to minimise any offensive language or chanting in all its broadcasts, and neither Sky nor its people condone this type of behaviour in any way.

Ofcom has a strict broadcasting code and Sky Sports has a standard to maintain on behalf of its viewers.

Andy Walker's headphones had the crowd noise turned down and his director turned up at the time of his comment about Kris Boyd, and his point was a general one about someone he knows who would thrive on interaction with the crowd.

Andy's comments were totally unrelated to the chants and both he and Sky apologise for any offence caused by this incident.
Kind Regards
Kerry
Viewer Relations Team

20gk0pg.jpg

5ttbvm.jpg
Well done mate. But a look at the responder gives you a clue that you were never getting an objective response.

As soon as you see Erin or Kerry, you know where her family see themselves from.

Ok mate fair enough but my original post was more to do with the double standards ie,commentators and media's reaction.
I prefer to call them papes and poets rather than the F word:)):cool: it annoys them more:))

They do PR way better than Rangers and Rangers fans do. They also benefit from having friends in high places.

The difference is it would be pointed out how outrageous the chanting of such sectarian bile is in the 21st Century and that those chanting it are "knuckle draggers". Instead of that we get the two numbskulls commentating laughing at the abuse of an ex-Ranger (and presumably a Protestant) and stating that "he loves it, doesn't he". Have you ever heard them say the same about TLB?

And THIS ^^^^^^^^ is exactly the point.

So, a belated get lost from me as well. LOL :D

A large section of our support refer to themselves as Huns . This makes it difficult to get the term classed as offensive. The Papes on the other hand have the Offended bus ready at the slightest indication of abuse and use their poor downtrodden Oirish race card every turn. They seem to be totally innocent and blameless victims and we are the aggressors .
You need to keep better company because of all our supporters I know or have been around I have never heard anyone refer to themselves as a Hun. I have heard plenty called 'ya big hun' and they didn't react or get offended but to call themselves it I'm very surprised!

I tell you what pal. You bury your thick skull in the sand, and I’ll deal with reality.
This is a thread about someone complaining to Sky regards comments made by commentators, If you're unhappy with our song book or what's sung then start your own thread about it rather than trying to derail this one.

Bit weird someone trying to do something positive about double standards and then you come along and jump in feet first putting the boot into what Rangers fans sing. Are you sure you never took a wrong turn looking for your favourite forum.

OK devil's advocate time. What was the OP looking for reply wise? Now that reply does contain an apology for any offence caused but if Andy is lying then I would not be surprised but we have no proof so it has to be taken as it is. Now another reply back could ask how they and Mr Walker are going to take steps to prevent it would let us see if they, as we expect not giving a f**k. Not seeing the original complaint its hard to see if the reply is a fob off or just weak. OP can you post the original complaint?

We are hardly angels on the abuse front are we? Cheers up Brendan Rogers...... We are Rangers no one likes us...... Up to our knees in....... The only song that I could play.... We hate Roman Catholics..... et al.
Clear up our own song list, and we can go to town on the Beggars. Until then, it's a non starter.

The point is about Andy Walker commenting on it FFS!

Would he have made same comments if, for example, Leigh Griffiths was getting called a 19th Century Terrorist bastard?

Am I wrong about our songs? You just don’t like to admit, or are to thick to realise.

It’s you that’s too thick to realise when we sing or chant any “offensive “ stuff it’s headlined and we’re called sectarian, bigots etc etc.

They can do it with impunity. If you can’t get that then you’re the idiot.

I also complained to Sky about Walker and Crocker's comments and will be getting a reply soon. The point is, if we want to change things we should all complain to them. Being pi55ed off with their comments or attitudes and commenting on this forum but not complaining about it directly to them will achieve nothing. We have to make an effort to try to stop this or it will continue. The acknowledgement I got back read :-

This is an automatic acknowledgement of receipt of your email. Please do not reply to this email as replies to auto acknowledgements will remain unanswered

Thank you for contacting Sky

Your form has been received and we will respond within 48 hours

We are hardly angels on the abuse front are we? Cheers up Brendan Rogers...... We are Rangers no one likes us...... Up to our knees in....... The only song that I could play.... We hate Roman Catholics..... et al.
Clear up our own song list, and we can go to town on the Beggars. Until then, it's a non starter.
That attitude can get to %^*&. No matter how squeaky clean we are, or how despicable they are, we will always be the baddy no matter what.

Andy walker heard fine well what the dregs of society were singing, Other wise he wouldn't have been able to comment. Why are sky lying Bastards ?.

I'm glad my contract is up with them in a few week. I won't be renewing. IPTV will do me just fine. Just like the BBC they have a clear agenda.

Put the rod away

As other posters have pointed out, it’s not about the songs it’s about the double standards.

Also, can you tell me which Rangers song contains the line I’ve highlighted please? Because I’ve never heard it.
The Tiffany one, which was sung a number of times, and heard on TV.

You need to keep better company because of all our supporters I know or have been around I have never heard anyone refer to themselves as a Hun. I have heard plenty called 'ya big hun' and they didn't react or get offended but to call themselves it I'm very surprised!
Dont know any rangers fans that refer to themselves as huns either

The Tiffany one, which was sung a number of times, and heard on TV.

Was it?

I saw it once on a youtube video, which came through the recommendation algorithm. It was from a mentally challengeds channel and claimed to show Rangers fans singing it at a supporters function.
I’ve honestly never heard it at any time, anywhere.

Think the point that's being made isn't about the songs it's about it being commended by the commentators who have or never would have said the same when it's our matches. Our actions would have been vilified in similar circumstances.

Kind Regards
Kerry
Viewer Relations Team

20gk0pg.jpg

5ttbvm.jpg
Predictable and yet completely unbelievable at once from Sky. Well done you though. It doesn’t hurt to remind them we’re watching.

A large section of our support refer to themselves as Huns . This makes it difficult to get the term classed as offensive. The Papes on the other hand have the Offended bus ready at the slightest indication of abuse and use their poor downtrodden Oirish race card every turn. They seem to be totally innocent and blameless victims and we are the aggressors .

In forty odd years of following Rangers I’ve never heard a fellow fan call us ‘huns’. Not once. I would seriously question whether anyone applying the term to us is a Rangers fan.

[QUOTE="georgeclooney, post: 3134347, member: 3174"]A large section of our support refer to themselves as Huns . This makes it difficult to get the term classed as offensive. The Papes on the other hand have the Offended bus ready at the slightest indication of abuse and use their poor downtrodden Oirish race card every turn. They seem to be totally innocent and blameless victims and we are the aggressors .[/QUOTE]

Absolute moronic bollocks, away and have a word with yourself.

As a"Rangers Da" of 50+ years, In all that time I have been following Rangers and heve never been in the company of any "section of our support" that would accept that. On the contrary, we had songs about that lot being Huns prior to them somehow managing to turn it around.

For the record, any of the fellow Bears I have had the good fortune to go to matches with over the years, would probably leave you requiring medical assistance if you spouted this pish in thier presence.

Which has certainly served Celtic better than Rangers hasn’t it ? End of the day we’re in an era where some sections of the Rangers support fail to understand the enemy and clearly never will, some just aren’t up for the battle.
“ the enemy “ ... “ the battle “ as you say sitting behind a screen moaning. Your no back in Nam , gee it a rest :D

Aye sure we can, clean up or song book then the hokey cokey and penny arcade or anything else we choose to sing becomes a target for having sectarian under tones!

Never heard 1 of us referring to ourselves as huns. Fake news☺

As other posters have pointed out, it’s not about the songs it’s about the double standards.

Also, can you tell me which Rangers song contains the line I’ve highlighted please? Because I’ve never heard it.
It’s rarely sung at games but surprised you’ve never heard it if you’ve been on a bus or pub before an away day .

A large section what a load of pish , have heard a few call them self’s that but usually folk who never been to Ibrox . Them on the other hand have had a banner calling them self’s 19th Century Terrorists on numerous occasions .

It really doesnt. The bit in bold is about as true as Speirs' classic about Gers fans using the word 19th Century Terrorist in place of Catholic.
Not really you can be a 19th Century Terrorist and still be a protestant ' but you must be a protestant to be an orange man

Unbelievable.

19th Century Terrorist is not Roman catholic and not all Catholics are 19th Century Terrorists, your last choice i haven't heard at Ibrox so when did you ?

Yes, I agree some of our songs are downright embarrassing, but that really isn’t the point here, is it?

Back