I don’t like to get to worked up over a friendly but

The players I watched yesterday are up there with the squads before the 2012 debacle and while we can say we are stronger we need tae show it not only in the friendly games but starting from Thursday coming and all the way to the New Year transfer window.

I liked the look of us against Marseille, a hellova lot better than the two games versus Bury & Wigan last season.

I will be there for the other uefa home games and Derby then we will see how we further shape up but right now SG is taking us to the next level and that is the main aim.

Lot of press saying "its only friendlies" but our squad are really still in preseason but they way we have controlled these friendlies has been a joy .
So logic says when our players get match sharpness and match fitness we are going to be very impressive 55 is coming you mentally challenged loving journalists better get ready for it .And once we dominate this league we all move on to the next challenge this train doesn't end with 55 .

The biggest change for me is the last few years when we have played teams like Marseille, you could see there was a sizeable gap in technical ability. Just the way they passed the ball, controlled it and dribbled. That gap is no longer there.

The way we played yesterday reminded me of wee Dicks team with a midfield of Reyna, GVB, the hammer, Fergie controlling the flow off the game.

Lot of press saying "its only friendlies" but our squad are really still in preseason but they way we have controlled these friendlies has been a joy .
So logic says when our players get match sharpness and match fitness we are going to be very impressive 55 is coming you mentally challenged loving journalists better get ready for it .And once we dominate this league we all move on to the next challenge this train doesn't end with 55 .

They are 'only friendlies' mate.

One thing is for certain, we're going to need our big squad over the season. From the action we've seen so far it would appear we're going to be 110mph from kick off every game. Helander is noted for his aggressive defending - often winning the ball well into the opponents half, and I noticed Goldson doing this more so far too. Whatever happens, we're in for a helluva exciting season

I'm happy with the players who have come in but we wont find out anything about the side until we know we can win ugly and keep going for 90 minutes. That was the only difference between us and them last year.

There were many good performances last year but only a couple times did we win when the slayers were looking sluggish

Delighted with what i saw from us but not getting carried away. This is a Marseille team that lost to Accrington Stanley last week. Also i can categorically say i watched some better spl teams last season than that Marseille performance.

But we were very good. No getting away from that.

Back