I feel sorry for the Standard goalkeeper - but just a little.

I think he is well worth keeping an eye on bar the goal he looked a quite an impressive goalkeeper reminded me a lot of Stefan Kloss

Can’t really blame him tbh - Liege were on the attack with only moments to go, all of their team were in our half, so I imagine he would have been standing outside his box, waiting to punt forward any long ball clearances lumped from our half. Always a risk, but to be honest they had nothing to lose at that point.

Can any goalies out there answer, is letting in a goal from the other half the ultimate shame for a goalie?
Losing a goal from distance is a bummer. Ball is in the air for a long time and you should be able to adjust and reach it, depending upon your starting position obviously. For me the biggest embarrassment was stooping to collect a trundler and it goes through your hands then through your legs and into the net. A pure riddy o_O

Feel sorry not. Never again will I feel sorry for any opposition. Lessons learnt from when they tried to kill us. Gers and Gers only.

Cant blame him for the goal. He was standing where he should have been with ball that far up the pitch. Incredibly rare for a shot like that to go in. Perfect pace and trajectory and a goalkeeper diving backwards won't get very high.

Back