I hate Referees!

One of the worst performances I’ve seen from a ref in recent times, took me back to the 90’s when Andrew Waddell used to cheat us.

Callaghan foul dives in at speed, no card. Takes Cantwell out well after the ball has went, not card.

Alfie mistimes his tackle and a yellow! If Callaghans first foul isnt a booking neither is Alfies.
That wasnt a referee today, it was just some random guy off the street walking past ground at three o'clock, asked if he fancied trying his hand at referring.

That refereeing performance today was at a new level of woeful. Worst I have saw in a long time and that's saying something,

Refs in Scotland are just so bad it's unreal. Enough of the sugar coating it - the clubs and I do mean all of them need to go to the SFA and let them know, your refs are simply not good enough to do even the very small basics in a game. They really do struggle with almost every element of refereeing a game.

Now that VAR is in. It's not really showing them up - it's showing that even with masses of camera footage, angles and the ability to slow down, zoom in and use other tech they still can't get the fucking basics right.

I really dont mind when posters defend the refs but every time they get excited about a decision going our way the next match we see another nut reffin and bending the rules to cause the players and the manager problems.

Back them if you wish but clearly a lot of refs see us an easy target and believe that a wee bit of rule bending is great for their career. I really believe they are told to be very lenient with Celtic/our opponents but never with Rangers.
Because we don’t call it out ! At their AGM Bankier called out the spfl appointment of Walsh !!

The combination of Refereeing like today and the fouling tactics of Ross County ( it could be Motherwell, Killie, St J, Hibs, Aberdeen all the same) Is the reason why Scottish teams outwith us get pumped out of Europe. The Refs just don’t allow it

Watched the BBC Alba re-run of the Hearts v DU game ( on fast forward ), Nick Walsh the ref. I was curious to see the controversial incidents.

The lad Humphrys that scored from his own half for Hearts was booked earlier. Humphrys was trying to block a clearance by Charlie Mulgrew who did manage to clear it just as Humphrys was arriving but Humphrys ended up a wee bit late to stop the clearance but no boot raised basically no attempt to challenge Mulgrew but as Mulgrew is clearing and follows through, kicks Humphrys on the thigh, whereupon Mulgrew rolls about on the grass mortally wounded, trying to even up the red cards. Walsh books Humphrys for Mulgrew kicking him.

Very late in the game the boy Kuol, who left one on Borna before our first goal on Wednesday, completely wiped out a DU player but was not red carded.

Earlier with the assistance of VAR after Edwards left his mark, literally, on Halliday's ankle. You may remember Edwards as the defender who followed through on Alfie in a game at Ibrox where he left a gash on Alfie's thigh. Clancy I think was the ref but no red card. Edwards was cited after the game and the disciplinary committee dismissed the charge.

Add to that the Collum situation last weekend, Collum, the VAR ref, the assistant VAR ref and Stuart Dougal explaining to Foster why Nicky Clark was red carded, but the disciplinary committee upheld Clark's appeal.

I agree Scottish refs are p!sh, not just one or two and Assistant refs are blind even when they can keep up with play.

Meanwhile the SFA spokespeople say nothing and where the press hound the refs the Head of Refs says nothing to explain why 3 refs ( Collum and the 2 VARs ) interpret the Laws of the Game differently from the disciplinary panel of their own association.

Welcome to backwater Scottish Football.

No yellow
Yellow of course
No yellow (or foul)

giphy-downsized-large.gif

He's yet another cheating little prick.
I don't buy this poor and/or inconsistent bullshit.

No yellow
Yellow of course
No yellow (or foul)

giphy-downsized-large.gif

See the dirty 19th Century Terrorist lady's front bottom trying to injure Cantwell, what a cowardly piece of shit he is.
He comes running up behind Cantwell and knees him in the back of the thigh, with his right knee.

I would expect us to put in a complaint about that, what a wanker he is.

Folk posting that the ref was “biased”. Give it a rest, you’re starting to sound like the Mhanky Mob. Aye he had a shocker, did he do it cause he’s anti-Rangers? Naw.

I agree mate. We need to start calling it out. We were refereed to a much different standard today, it was awful officiating.
If we had a problem with one ref it wouldnt be so bad the truth is we have one ref that does our game honestly, Walsh, thats it. The rest pick and choose times to bend rules and cause the club some issues. Close games like yesterday when Rangers are playing crap are often the worst thats when the pressures on the ref.

We have still not said anything and it only encourages more cheating.

The poor ref stuff is looking more and more tin-foil with every week. Which crap performance have Celtic had to put up with ? they dont have to bother with or worry about rugby league tactics, blocking, time wasting, off the ball stuff, and even if one of their players has a kick at someone theres a fair chance the cheat will just smile and say lets just get on the game and ignore using cards.

After about 10 years of posters making the same point, no bias just shite, im still wondering if there will be a game Rangers play where its us that benefit from them being hopeless or inept or drunk, stoned or whatever excuses we can come up with to avoid saying the guy was trying to cost Rangers the points.

VAR and tv replays maybe upsetting Celtic but they dont have the same issue with fouls, booking, rugby league challenges... the same 10 teams are terrified to even tackle them.

Mate there's an outcry when we get correct decisions in our favour never mind us benefitting from incorrect ones.

The bheasts hate VAR because we're now (mostly) playing by the same rules, they don't want fairness they want the rules bent to suit them as it was before VAR.

He pointed to his watch at the Rangers throw in as if to say I’m adding on time for time wasting. The ball had barely went out!

No wonder the clown hasn’t had a game since the start of January in the premier league

Henderson displayed all the traits of a tim bastard.

I'd knock the bastard oot if I come across him in the street. I was fuukin seething at him, the prick.

I had many conversations with my son about how little VAR would impact our games before it was introduced because it wouldn't look at yellow cards(lack of) or in our case harsh ones. All these fouls are to try and break our rhythm and TBH it's very effective when you know the ref won't book you.

8 fouls - 4 yellows.

In Celtic's last 2 games

Dundee Utd - 12 fouls 0 bookings
Livingston - 11 fouls 1 yellow

Folk posting that the ref was “biased”. Give it a rest, you’re starting to sound like the Mhanky Mob. Aye he had a shocker, did he do it cause he’s anti-Rangers? Naw.
Maybe we have reason to moan after the decisions by referee yesterday especially tackles on our players especially by Callaghan
Is he anti Rangers after seeing it live and clips on here it looks that way

I had many conversations with my son about how little VAR would impact our games before it was introduced because it wouldn't look at yellow cards(lack of) or in our case harsh ones. All these fouls are to try and break our rhythm and TBH it's very effective when you know the ref won't book you.
Course, and over the season the small margins or that edge becomes massive.

Similar to taking on the bookies, in the long run they usually win.

Even with Var giving us the odd onside goal we wouldnt have got, or a penalty against the side in 9th or 10th when ref shat it, i dont see how Rangers win that league unless Celtic are weaker and that does not look like happening anytime soon. We will see what we get from VAR against Celtic im not convinced.

Many dont seem to get it but bookings are crucial, the other point is that mob dont really get many injuries as the guff in the league that test the ref at Ibrox and get stuck in are scared to tackle them as they fear being sent off.

Ironic that him misplacing the free kick on the edge of the area then only moving the wall back seven yards would see it deflect into the net. Allowed the opposition to move free kicks and steal yards at throw-ins all day. The last ten minutes turned into Fightclub where he let everything go but had to acknowledge the scythe on Raskin. Raskin also body checked off the ball on his run towards the box.

See the dirty 19th Century Terrorist lady's front bottom trying to injure Cantwell, what a cowardly piece of shit he is.
He comes running up behind Cantwell and knees him in the back of the thigh, with his right knee.

I would expect us to put in a complaint about that, what a wanker he is.
Miles away from the ball tae.

The tackle on Malik was wild and could have been a sending off under the excessive force out of control current parlance.Alfie actually wins the ball cleanly ffs.
Looks worse every time I see it
He hadn't referred Rangers game for over two years according a poster on here

Last edited:
He’s a cheat plain and simple and was at it all day tav should have had a word with him and highlight what’s going on not just except it.

Back