I hate to use the term, but we really are a work still in progress

muttley

There is no denying that we're heading back in the right direction, in fact I reckon yet another defeat for the Sheep last night will be a huge psychological blow struck against their aspirations for second spot, but we've a good distance to go yet. In essence, yes we've every right to go forward with optimism, but there will definitely be bumps in the road with draws or defeats against teams we should be putting away. Hopefully retaining this current squad, and with influential players returning from injury, next season we can really have a genuine go at the Piggery Peasants.

I actually feel far more confident than I have done in five years this morning.

I'm starting to believe :D

Of course we are still a work in progress, but the signs of progress are at last there and they haven't been for a while. We are moving in the right direction and building the basis of a good squad who will be ready to compete for the title in the not too distant future. Work to be done yet, but the signs are positive.

We have dropped too many stupid points to realistically challenge this season but I'm much more confident about next season. We're building a good squad who should be able to hit the ground running in August and hopefully we can secure the Scottish Cup before then.

Back to basics with a core of british/scottish players (some of which rangers supporters) is a huge step in the right direction. Supplemented with some decent players from abroad i.e. morelos and candeias i think we have a decent team here.

Lets hope they live up to expectation, most excited ive been about a transfer window in years.

I actually feel far more confident than I have done in five years this morning.

I'm starting to believe :D

I've been ritually slaughtered on here for asking for Murty to be given a chance. If there's one thing I reckon most can agree on, however, is that there seems to now be a Rangers team who look happy in what they are trying to achieve and not through fear or apprehension. Murty himself is quoted this morning that he feels this team could be onto something big, and I believe the players feel that too. But as I said, we should appreciate what is being done at Ibrox right now and don't go off the deep end when some setbacks inevitably occur.

Last edited:
Back to basics with a core of british/scottish players (some of which rangers supporters) is a huge step in the right direction. Supplemented with some decent players from abroad i.e. morelos and candeias i think we have a decent team here.

Lets hope they live up to expectation, most excited ive been about a transfer window in years.

Me too.

I think we have done some great business this window.

I have a really good feeling about this lot. Not like last window where we were signing players nobody knew much about. This time, we all have a pretty good idea what we've bought. We know these players.

The Sheep had enough chances at the end to win 3-2. We need to be more lethal in front of goal.
And we had enough chances to have been 5 or 6 up!

As u say need to take our chances, but definitely heading in the right direction.

I've been ritually slaughtered on here for asking for Murty to be given a chance. If there's one thing I reckon most can agree on, however, is that there seems to now be a Rangers team who look happy in what they are trying to achieve and not through fear or apprehension. Murty himself is quoted this morning that he feels this team could be onto something big, and I believe the players feel that too. But as I said, we should appreciate what is being done at Ibrox right now and don't go off the deep end when setbacks occur.

Agree completely.

I said on another thread, last night, that I am loving the fact that we are putting together a really decent squad of good young players. If we can keep them together for another season or two, I honestly reckon we may be onto something really special.

Anyway, it's still a way to go to get back to top of the pile, but for the first time since Feb 2012, I really feel we're on the right road.

Me too.

I think we have done some great business this window.

I have a really good feeling about this lot. Not like last window where we were signing players nobody knew much about. This time, we all have a pretty good idea what we've bought. We know these players.

Exactly.

Loving aswell that there seems to be a good balance age wise, last nights team had a good few young players in it with a couple of the older players to use their exprience

Think that we are, can never sit back and think we are the finished article,always got to be thinking,and planning ahead,maybe that’s what the septic have been complacent,thinking that they were so far ahead,bet your backside their neck is sore looking behind,and fearful of our “improvements “,their mhanky hordes will be demanding signings before the end of today.

There is no denying that we're heading back in the right direction, in fact I reckon yet another defeat for the Sheep last night will be a huge psychological blow struck against their aspirations for second spot, but we've a good distance to go yet. In essence, yes we've every right to go forward with optimism, but there will definitely be bumps in the road with draws or defeats against teams we should be putting away. Hopefully retaining this current squad, and with influential players returning from injury, next season we can really have a genuine go at the Piggery Peasants.
Nothing like stating the obvious.
We will always be a work in progress.
Even when the journey is complete and 55 is delivered, we will become a work in progress the following season.

Agree completely.

I said on another thread, last night, that I am loving the fact that we are putting together a really decent squad of good young players. If we can keep them together for another season or two, I honestly reckon we may be onto something really special.

Anyway, it's still a way to go to get back to top of the pile, but for the first time since Feb 2012, I really feel we're on the right road.

Some said we weren't progressing at all under Murty, but rather regressing. We still have a lot of work to do but there is now a real case for quiet optimism.

For the first time since the shit hit the fan I feel we don't have a total rebuild on this Summer.

We have the basis of a very good team.
Not rebuild but add to is the new mantra and Murty has to take a lot of credit.
Just shows how much of a cluster***k Pedro etc was

The way we fell out of the game completely after both goals is not acceptable and will have to addressed.

How Aberdeen didn't score in those last ten minutes I'll never know. Thankfully they never.

The way we fell out of the game completely after both goals is not acceptable and will have to addressed.

How Aberdeen didn't score in those last ten minutes I'll never know. Thankfully they never.

Agreed, however, Morelos himself should have had the game won long before that.

Even when we won the 4 matches in a row, I was never filled with confidence that we were turning the corner and about to go on a long run of consecutive victories. It was almost as though the team believed that they had been lucky and that luck could change at any time. Given the bonding in Florida and the excellent signings, there genuinely appears to be a belief in amongst the players that we could be on the verge of something special. Young team with largely British talent, number of Rangers supporters amongst that who understand what it means to play for this club, enthusiastic coach, older Assistant manager (staunch af!) and a DOF who we are all beginning to see the benefits of what he can bring to Rangers. The jigsaw pieces seem to be falling into place on the pitch.

The Sheep had enough chances at the end to win 3-2. We need to be more lethal in front of goal.

The match should have been over before said chances. Morelos could have had 4 or 5 last night and a thumping of a score line wouldn't have been harsh on Aberdeen.

We've now got to go to Dingwall on Sunday and win - any thing less is unacceptable.

I think we’re still falling into the trap of believing everything is just peachy again because we won last night.

Lose at the weekend and the calls for Murty to be binned will replace those trumpeting him today.

We need a few more games, and a few more wins, against sides who sit in with ten men behind the ball, the sort of teams we’ve struggled against all season, before we should start to get properly excited.

It’s looking a hell of a lot more encouraging though, I’ll give you that much.

Not rebuild but add to is the new mantra and Murty has to take a lot of credit.
Just shows how much of a cluster***k Pedro etc was

But the problem wasn't Pedro on his own. The problem is the people who brought Pedro to the club.

They are still at the club, so they have to still be a major problem.

IF we can go on maybe 6 game winning run from here imagine the pressure on Celtic.
If anyone knows anything about Brendan Rodgers it’s that his teams buckle under pressure. I’m not saying we can claw back potentially 11 points but to end the season maybe 5 or 6 behind would be a real sign of improvement and intent especially given some of the results this year

Room for improvement but there were signs last night that were pleasing to the eye,Going in the right direction.

I've been ritually slaughtered on here for asking for Murty to be given a chance. If there's one thing I reckon most can agree on, however, is that there seems to now be a Rangers team who look happy in what they are trying to achieve and not through fear or apprehension. Murty himself is quoted this morning that he feels this team could be onto something big, and I believe the players feel that too. But as I said, we should appreciate what is being done at Ibrox right now and don't go off the deep end when some setbacks inevitably occur.

Very well put sir. Agree with all of that

Given the numbers of new players arriving on loan - why wouldn't be anything other than a work in progress?
And we've a long way with a lot of work still to go
What I hope is different than the last 2 seasons is though - that we at least appear to be on a more stable base and travelling in the right direction fast

Back