I have been barred from standing in the elections for Club 1872

Status
Not open for further replies.

mdingwall

Administrator
Much as I expected to be. It's a closed shop and self-perpetuating clique.

I stood in response to an email plea from a member which disclosed very worrying information about the operation of Club 1872.

I was debarred on two grounds -

1/ that one, or perhaps more, of my proposers had not been paying for six months continuously into Club 1872.

2/ That some of my tweets were "homophobic, ableist, obscene and abusive"

I asked for the name(s) of the ineligible proposer(s) and examples of the social media posts.

They did not give me a note of the ineligible proposer(s) but did provide links to five tweets - all of which I'm quite prepared to stand by on the basis of the context in which they were made, the content or indeed that two of them are quite clearly humorous and directed to people I know personally.

I have been made aware of one other member who has similarly been disbarred from standing despite his track record of service in fans groups/media.

Can you provide a link to the tweets in question?
Dear Mark,

In response to your email requesting further details of social media posts that were reviewed as part of the Club 1872 election process, please note the following links.

You also asked for the name of the Independent Adjudicator. Your application was reviewed by the Club 1872 board and Alan Russell of Supporters Direct. We have copied Alan into this email.

Please note the following section of the Articles

"All candidates for election must disclose all social media accounts operated by them. In the event that any racist, sectarian, obscene or abusive posts are published on these or any other accounts directed by a candidate, at any time, that candidate may, at the discretion of the independent adjudicator, be removed from the elections."

https://club1872.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2019/12/Club-1872-Articles-December-2019.pdf

As checks of your social media accounts found posts which were homophobic, ableist, obscene and abusive, the decision was taken in line with Schedule 3, point 8 to remove you from the election process.

Regards,

The Club 1872 Board

This is quite concerning . We heard rumblings last year about resignations and people feeling peeved and worried about how club 1872 is being run . At a time the club need fans to stick together more than ever , this is the last thing we need to be hearing .

How anyone gives club1872 the time of day is beyond me.

Their lack of basically any form of transparency from the get go put folk off.

To pull you up for that, when their all seeing eye, lets be honest here was booted out an official club role in disgrace, beggars belief.

Club 1872 don't do anything positive (from what I can see) for the club or supporters and I haven't heard anything from them in the past week despite us being slaughtered everywhere.

Unfortunately along with that the tweets in this day and age really shouldve been deleted.

One rule for outsiders and one rule for the clique as per usual then.

I want to join in and hope for a supporter own club but the people in charge always manage to find a new way to put me off them.

Paid my dues to Rangrs first (lifetime membership) then monthly to 1872, withdrew a year ago as could not find anything positive coming from them. Need a proactive fan based club who understand the needs of the supporters

Dear Mark,

In response to your email requesting further details of social media posts that were reviewed as part of the Club 1872 election process, please note the following links.

You also asked for the name of the Independent Adjudicator. Your application was reviewed by the Club 1872 board and Alan Russell of Supporters Direct. We have copied Alan into this email.

Please note the following section of the Articles

"All candidates for election must disclose all social media accounts operated by them. In the event that any racist, sectarian, obscene or abusive posts are published on these or any other accounts directed by a candidate, at any time, that candidate may, at the discretion of the independent adjudicator, be removed from the elections."

https://club1872.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2019/12/Club-1872-Articles-December-2019.pdf

As checks of your social media accounts found posts which were homophobic, ableist, obscene and abusive, the decision was taken in line with Schedule 3, point 8 to remove you from the election process.

Regards,

The Club 1872 Board
You better watch, some posters on here will want you sacked from FF cause of those messages (see Chris McKee thread)

It's not the first time they have attempted to prevent members standing for election.

Yet another decision made by the board and not the members.

The worry is these people want a place on our board helping make decisions.
They seem to be bigger charlatans than snp and gcc which is quite some going

I’ve never kept up to date with Club1872 - what have they achieved since creation, and why the negativity towards them as hinted in this thread?

Reactions: WBD
I think you should be allowed to stand regardless and let the contributors to club1872 decide. This site offers a good vocal point and gathering place for fans and people of differing opinions regarding the club.

However

The media would tear those tweets to shreds tbf, we are fair game in Scotland and what is clearly a joke between 2 friends will be twisted to suit their agenda.

I get people are offended by everything.

But those tweets would bite any organisation in the arse tbh.

In this day and age, branding people ‘a poof’ in the public domain will always be deemed offensive to enough people that it’ll not serve you well.

As has been the case here. Rubbish for you all the same mate if you were keen to get in and make a difference as I really think Club 1872 could do so much more.

It appears obvious to me from comments on threads from last year and indeed this thread that there are concerns over the conduct and motivations of Chris Graham.

That's fine. Maybe people fall out or have disagreements but when you're asking people to part with their cash we really need full disclosure of what's going on here and then of course Chris Graham should have the right to put his side of the story across.

The suggestive comments/tweets, the saying something without actually saying it just puts me right off the whole thing.

I understand why club 1872 was set up and its purpose but would have thought it may have scaled back or possibly even disbanded given the new ownership and organisational structure of the club we have now.

I didn't know Club1872 were still going.

The organisation for the fans has been radio silent while every man and his dug took a boot into us since we lifted the title.

I was a member but won't be giving them another penny.

In saying that I don't think those tweets do you any favours GM.

I certainly wouldn't be highlighting them as some sort of injustice given the way of the world these days.

I think they tweets are a good enough reason to stop you from running but if the rules are not being administered consistently across the board, then that is a real issue.

Should have probably done a clear out of your tweets before running for it however the idea behind club 1872 is solid but they need a lot more transparency before I'd consider investing in the scheme

Calling Corbyn a terrorist should be compulsory for anyone standing tbh. As for the rest, eh. I don't see a problem with the 1st one. The language in the others is maybe ott but it's hardly worthy of noting.

The bigger picture is that trawling 5 year old Twitter posts is a symptom of looking for reasons to object, rather that welcoming more of the wider support to get involved, which is what C1872 should be doing. Protectionism isn't a great look for an organisation looking for financial input from outsiders.

Whatever you feel about Mark (and for the record I quite like him) it's not as if he was standing for the board of Rangers, which might be different. It's a weak excuse to stop him standing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back