I have never felt so low.

Call me whatever you like. I honestly can't get over this.
Same as you
Time will heal but right now… nothing helps!

A few players must be having sleepless nights ~
Goldson: why didn’t I clear that cross
Bassey: I should never have allowed him to get in front of me
Great chances for a shot on goal: jack, Kent (twice), aribo, airfield
Tav, couldn’t hardly make one simple pass all night
Ramsey: that penalty

I felt lower when we got papped to division 3 and spent months wondering if I would have a football team to support but aye losing a European cup final 10 years after that runs it close I guess.

I felt awful after Manchester but we have blown this one imo

Subbing the sub sakala was very poor,Ramsay underlining why we shouldn’t loan injury prone hasbeans and have more faith in our own players

We should e won the game but let ourselves down
It was Halliday all over again. Don't sub and sub, unless you want to end his career at the club.

It was Southgate all over again. Don't make subs explicitly for a penalty shootout; it puts too much responsibility/pressure on those subs to score their penalties, which inevitably doesn't work out.

Sakala's first touch was absolutely dreadful tonight, and his decision making was poor. If anything Gio held off too long in making a change because he didn't want to take him off and humiliate him. His game tonight would probably have benefited from Roofe leading the line and Sakala being able to move out wide, but his play didn't warrant someone else coming off instead.

Weirdly I'm not that upset or angry I'm proud of that team we went 120 minutes against a team that haven't lost a game in the europa this season and only lost by missing one penalty in a shootout

I'm sort of the same. I'm disappointed but I don't really have any criticisms of the tactics or the effort from the players in general. We were hampered by having no fit striker, but Gio's tactical approach was ultimately correct - if not for a key defensive mistake we'd have won that game, and had chances to win it after that. I think he could have brought on Roofe and Ramsey earlier, but I get it was a balancing act with their fitness.

I don't even feel like going off on the players who made mistakes like Goldson or Kent. I thought overall the effort was there and neither played poorly. Ramsey's penalty was poor but he'd barely been on the pitch and I can't help but think that was a factor, though he should still have put more power behind it.

I'm up for work in 5 hours.
I don't know how I'm going to manage a 10 hour shift feeling the way I do.

I'm 62. I'll never get the chance again to see us in a final.

I wish I hated football.
I hear ya.

But remember, Rangers is bigger than all of us.

They've been winning trophies before we were born, and will be winning them and getting to finals long after we're dead. We live and experience a fraction of its history. It's just part of the human condition.

Chin up folks.

Mental health matters.

Some might really struggle to get over this.

Telling guys to grow a pair of balls isn't on anymore.
It is when it's not only over a gane of football but a game we should be proud of. Its not a mental health issue it's a people need to stop being dramatic and realise what we actually achieved.

I'm the same the reason being we will never have a better chance of winning a European trophy. Frakfurt were decent but very very beatable, on the night we never done ourselves justice.

I felt much worse after Manchester. But this was definitely the bigger chance. But we move on. We are Rangers. We will win cups and titles again, and we will have good European runs again.

Woke up to an absolute nightmare. How the %^*& did we end up losing to one of the worst teams in the competition we faced.
Absolutely gutted.

I was heartbroken last night
I have woken up this morning inconsolable

I never even contemplated us losing that final.
It will take me a while to get over this.
I hope we batter Hearts at the weekend, that will help.

I didn’t think I would see another final after Manchester nevermind see us lose in pks after missing a massive chance with 2 minutes of the game left.

Hanging on in the game to get to extra time then we absolutely dominated the ET.

Had gio gambled on Roofe for more minutes we would have won that. What a difference when he was up top for all of 4 minutes.

I think this is my biggest disappointment is that we looked so much better having a focal point in Roofe. He should have got 20 minutes and if he broke down after that so be it. It was too safe from everyone

Didn't expect to get past Dortmund.
In 08 thought we'd blown it for my life time.
NEVER thought we'd win penalties against the Germans.
Pull our selves together for Saturday.
Get qualified for the CL early next season.
We've recovered from worse. Nay bother.
PMA, I wish it infected more on this page.

I feel the same as OP.

I sincerely hope we win the cup but that will only be a small consolation. We were literally 20 minutes or so away from the biggest result in our recent history, I'm devastated.

Obviously disappointed about both the result and the manner of our performance on the night but selfishly I’m glad it’s over as yesterday was one of the more unpleasant days I can ever recall as a fan in terms of the anxiety and nerves of it all.

Hopeful for a quick pick me up seeing us potentially pick up a trophy in a couple of days and then a break after a gruelling season.

Subbing the sub sakala was very poor,Ramsay underlining why we shouldn’t loan injury prone hasbeans and have more faith in our own players

What if I said penalties were very well drilled throughout the European run and Sakala has been consistently poor at them, even in that low stress environment? Be under no illusion, our best 5 stepped up.

You must have led a sheltered and fortunate life.

Tonight was sore on a lot of levels but nothing compared to real life trials and pain and heartache that people face in their lives every day.

I wiped my wee boys tears away tonight and told him exactly that. I can’t sleep for replaying the game in my head right now, but worst you’ve felt in your life ?

No. Not even close.
I actually meant in football terms

I feel Gio learned from the game at Parkhead and he’ll learn from this.

Looking back that was probably the best chance we will ever in my lifetime of winning a major European trophy given the climate of modern day football and the finances involved.

1 goal up with under half an hour to go and even going to penalties making it 50/50

Its a sore one to take but the team done amazing to get that far

It’s actually made me feel a bit better reading some of the positive messages in this thread.. in work now trying to ignore the sniggers and comments

Another thing to consider is this is the worst it’s possible to feel as a football club supporter. We ain’t the first and won’t be the last group of fans to feel this way.

We got fucked off Motherwell in a play off
Lost a Ramsdens Cup Final
And looked like a pub team v Inverness

You will be fine TBH

This all day long. It’s a huge kick in the groin however the world keeps spinning, you get up the following morning and head off to work as normal.

Had a completely sleepless night but slowly starting to regain a sense of perspective
To be honest I was the same. Lay wide awake until after 4 am despite going to bed right after the game. Torture going back over it all in your head. Relief will only come when it can be left in the past.

I really don’t know how Gio and the players bounce back on Saturday but they need to somehow. The players need the win and god knows we do as well.

I've had a ball since the final whistle v Leipzig, enjoyed every moment of the build up and seeing all our fans enjoying themselves in Seville has been tremendous.

Penalties are a lottery and someone will eventually miss one, sadly it was us, I'll get over the loss and always remember the highs of getting to a final we had no right to be in and were a great save away from winning it before the shoot out.

Just don't lose on Saturday now, that'd be horrendous.

Very similar to what we said after Manchester. Look at the teams we’ve beaten or drawn with over the last few years: Dortmund, Porto, Leipzig, Benfica, Galatasary, Feyenoord, Braga, Lyon. Champions League standard. It’ll happen again.

I feel really sore today, but this team did actually MAKE US DREAM, and the dream almost became a reality.

As the days pass we will realise just how incredible this last few years in Europe have been.

Everyone in European football has been talking about Rangers Football Club.

The pride we have in our magnificent club has been restored.

I've had a ball since the final whistle v Leipzig, enjoyed every moment of the build up and seeing all our fans enjoying themselves in Seville has been tremendous.

Penalties are a lottery and someone will eventually miss one, sadly it was us, I'll get over the loss and always remember the highs of getting to a final we had no right to be in and were a great save away from winning it before the shoot out.

Just don't lose on Saturday now, that'd be horrendous.

To be honest, I’d go back to Dortmund STB.

We’ve been punching since that fantastic night in the Westfalen.

Call me whatever you like. I honestly can't get over this.
Have a word with yourself ffs. You must have lost family? At our lowest point in 2012 felt like we were losing our club. Get a fu*king grip of yourself. Your a Rangers man get your chin up head up shoulders back. We are the people don’t let these cu*ts see you down.

The moment we took the lead in a European final and were on course to win is something that cannot be bought or replicated, and may never come around again. For that, I'm grateful.

I'm not angry at any individual or the team - there's nothing to be angry about. Still raw, but have been consoling ourselves (this household) in the knowledge that we get to enjoy those crazy / beautiful Tuesday / Wednesday (or Thursday) nights all over again later this year.

None of them come close

This is the worst to be honest.

Miles worse than Manchester.

But I’m proud of them but heartbroken
This is devastating.
But there's no way you're telling me yju feel lower than when cektuc beat us 5-1 at Ibrox, then 5-0 at the piggery to clinch the title?
That's what I call feeling low.
looking like we were never getting near celtic again, never mind a European final.

This is devastating.
But there's no way you're telling me yju feel lower than when cektuc beat us 5-1 at Ibrox, then 5-0 at the piggery to clinch the title?
That's what I call feeling low.
looking like we were never getting near celtic again, never mind a European final.
I actually do.

It’s a different type of feeling

We have a really good team.

In 2014-2018 some thought there would be no way back to success. We would become Aberdeen.

Next season we will win the league and do really well in Europe, I’m convinced of it. We can take anyone at Ibrox.

Keep believing.

81-FA3145-6-E0-A-4493-A72-B-9049-FE98-C0-F1.jpg

Not for me.Like previous posters have stated the days getting humped by motherwell getting beat 3-2 off alloa I could go on hurt me for weeks after.they games.I was raging at Ramsey last night but I've had.time to reflect and I'm proud of them.We are going for a trophy on Saturday now a trophy we.havent won in a.very long time.

Last edited:
I’ll be more gutted if we don’t win on Saturday to be honest.
Obviously I would have loved to win the Europa far more but it was amazing for us to get to the final.
To finish the season with nothing is not what we or this team deserve.

Back