9 - Jermain Defoe (36) (on loan)
24 - Greg Stewart (29)

YOUTH

51 - Lewis Mayo (19)
33 - Jamie Barjonas (20)
61 - Dapo Mebude (18)

ON LOAN WITH FUTURE

Ross McCrorie (21) (Portsmouth)
Robby McCrorie (21) (Queen of the South)
Stephen Kelly (19) (Ayr United)
Cammy Palmer (19) (Partick Thistle)
Glenn Middleton (19) (Hibs)
Josh McPake (17) (Dundee)
Zak Rudden (19) (Plymouth Argyle)
Jake Hastie (21) (Rotherham)

ON LOAN WITH NO FUTURE

Jordan Rossiter (22) (Fleetwood Town)
Eduardo Herrera (31) (Club Necaxa)
Jak Alnwick (26) (Blackpool)
Jason Holt (26) (St Johnston)

TO LEAVE CLUB

Eros Grezda (24)

Last edited:
Can't include the players we have in on loan while also including the players we have out on loan in the total.

Was more with wages in mind that I included both and also where we are going with the squad long term

Edited Defoe as well as on loan

The 4 at the bottom need to GTF and can’t really include the ones we have on loan as we’re not paying their wages at the moment. I think as for the rest. We need to have a squad that size to play in 4 competitions

Great to have options there, even able to make 10 changes today it wasn’t the prettiest result going to give the team the benefit of the doubt with the way the weather was but they did the job that was needed. We are going to need a big squad to compete this season.

The 4 at the bottom need to GTF and can’t really include the ones we have on loan as we’re not paying their wages at the moment. I think as for the rest. We need to have a squad that size to play in 4 competitions

I think we will paying the majority of the wages to the players we have out on loan.

5-6 players still clinging on to their contracts that we need to ship off imo, other than that the squad is filled with so much quality for the present and the future. Exciting times!

TO LEAVE CLUB

Graham Dorrans (32)
Jason Holt (26)
Eros Grezda (24)
Joe Dodoo (24)
If we don't to have to pay them off, we should find them loans for them. Could get fees in that way, and then use that cash to pay for the pay-offs.

That’s the current amount of players I count that we have at different parts of their careers with us.

I count some of the youth players as senior as guys like Barjonas, Rudden and Mayo might be needed for European squad rules. Also included youth players on loan that have been heavily involved in first team training.

Quite a few players are out of contract at the end of this season as well so this time next season I would expect a tighter pool and we might be able to spend more on wages for even better players again.

Listed below as I see it.

If I have missed anyone let me know and I will edit

Rangers 2019

GK

1 - Allan McGregor (37)
13 - Wes Foderingham (28)
12 - Andy Firth (22)

LB

31 - Borna Barisic (26)
15 - Jon Flanagan (26)

RB

2 - James Tavernier (27)
25 - Matt Polster (26)

CB

6 - Connor Goldson (26)
5 - Filip Helander (26)
4 - George Edmundson (21)
19 - Nikola Katic (22)

UTILITY

16 - Andy Haliday (27)

DEFENSIVE CENTRE MID

8 - Ryan Jack (27)
18 - Glen Kamara (23)

CENTRE MID

10 - Steve Davis (34)
29 - Andy King (30) (on loan)
23 - Greg Docherty (22)

ATTACKING MID

17 - Joe Aribo (23)
37 - Scott Arfield (30)

WINGER

11 - Sheyji Ojo (22) (on loan)
22 - Jordan Jones (24)
21 - Brandon Barker (22)
7 - Jamie Murphy (29)
32 - Jake Hastie (21)

STRIKER

20 - Alfredo Morelos (23)
9 - Jermain Defoe (36) (on loan)
24 - Greg Stewart (29)

YOUTH

50 - Zak Rudden (19)
51 - Lewis Mayo (19)
33 - Jamie Barjonas (20)

ON LOAN WITH FUTURE

Ross McCrorie (21) (Portsmouth)
Robby McCrorie (21) (Queen of the South)
Stephen Kelly (19) (Ayr United)
Cammy Palmer (19) (Patrick Thistle)
Glenn Middleton (19) (Hibs)
Josh McPake (17) (Dundee)

ON LOAN WITH NO FUTURE

Jordan Rossiter (22) (Fleetwood)
Eduardo Herrera (31) (Club Necaxa)
Jak Alnwick (26) (Blackpool)

TO LEAVE CLUB

Graham Dorrans (32)
Jason Holt (26)
Eros Grezda (24)
Joe Dodoo (24)
Well done OP. Thanks!

Is it fair to add Dapo Mebude to the Youth list? Just given the gaffer has discussed using him.

i genuinally feel that Gerrard thinks with a injury free 18 months on loan that Rossiter has the making of a quality midfielder

so I wouldn't put him in the no future category

Rossiter has played consistently now since January with no set backs

i genuinally feel that Gerrard thinks with a injury free 18 months on loan that Rossiter has the making of a quality midfielder

I don't really fancy him, but I know a lot less than Champions League winning former England Captain Steven Gerrard, so we'll see.

I can't be the only one surprised to see Jason Holt is still at the club

Thought he would be a cert to move on , could still do a job for Hearts or Dundee , for example

I don't know if this is a huge amount of players given the modern game.
I would need to have it compared to other clubs with our resources, commitments and ambitions before I could make an informed proper criticism.

But it does seem a lot.

Mental that! He could still get better at that age.
There is a very good player there, defensively sound and decent as he goes forward.
He lost a lot of his career through injury, so there is a great chance that the best is yet to come.
When he was at his younger best as he broke through into the Liverpool side he was a very good young footballer who managed to play for England.

But of course, who knows.

I'm sure he's out of contract next year and I'd be amazed if we offer him a new deal.

Come the end of this season the squad will naturally be trimmed back due to contracts expiring and hopefully the likes of grezda sold on .

Too bloated a squad at the moment . Regardless of numbers though Gerrard is working off 22 who he thinks are the cream of the crop , and that’s about right .

Out of contract at the end of the season.

Don’t think he’ll be offered a new one.

I can definitely see Hastie getting a loan deal before the end of the window, and potentially Murphy aswell
Cant disagree with the GTF list, i think if they cant sell him Grezda may end up on a loan with option to buy type deal somewhere.
I think Barjonas days may be numbered aswell given that i dont htink he will ever make it to the starting XI

The Annual Report and Accounts used to always list the professional players for the year under consideration and I the highest number i can recall seeing is 46.

With tomorrows game against Fleetwood, this could be the best chance to get rid of fringe players. Fleetwood may fancy a few of them or scouts from the local teams down there in attendance.

Agree with this

With tomorrows game against Fleetwood, this could be the best chance to get rid of fringe players. Fleetwood may fancy a few of them or scouts from the local teams down there in attendance.

What side we sending for this game.

Mostly youth or a mix?

Far too much money being paid out to guys who will not feature and who won't get offered the same wage elsewhere. That's the downside of trying to identify value signings. Many of them don't work out and you are stuck with them for the duration of their contract. An unfortunate but necessary reality of our situation.

Good thread OP.

What insurance arrangements will we have had in place to cover the loss of Murphy etc? Should we factor this in to the salaries?

Back