i personally think we need to think logically...

gregga88

i know ill get shot down for this. get a manager and focus on ourselves. i think we've been thinking of catching celtic too much... find a manager that can get second spot first. then once we can actually put a good fight up we can worry about challenging for the title. that seems difficult enough. dont think mcleish is the answer, dont think mcinnes is the answer either.

i know ill get shot down for this. get a manager and focus on ourselves. i think we've been thinking of catching celtic too much... find a manager that can get second spot first. then once we can actually put a good fight up we can worry about challenging for the title. that seems difficult enough. dont think mcleish is the answer, dont think mcinnes is the answer either.
The club needs a radical overhaul that's what it needs.

Leadership from the boardroom and a clearout on the park.

I can't help but think we will all be disappointed with this next managerial appointment and hope we're not in the same stage next year as we had with both Warburton and Pedro.

Agree, we must concentrate on getting second, forget about that mob, it’s not going to happen for a long time, right now I would take McInnes or even McLeish, he would give organisation because we need to sort the here and now quickly.

your actually on the sight track any Decent !!! manager given 7-8 million should easily assemble a team that not only can achieve 2nd but beats the rest in the SPL then the league comes down to 4 OF games

however the Boards CLEAR error has been appointing a 2nd string english manager and woeful qatari manager - said it on the other thread - No Eck, No McInnes - its requires a top notch name, nothing else.

I don’t think you’ll get shot down for that opinion. A manager who leaves us in better shape than when he joined would be a start. Since 2012 every one has failed.

I disagree. Pedro left us in a better shape despite the fact he had to go.

The recruitment was ok and I feel a better manager would firstly get a lot More out of the current players. But also might have made the signatures Pedro apparently refused (Naismith) and would improve the team again.

If we want to be the second best team in the country for a transitional period and build from there. Mcinnes is the man imo.

I disagree but respect where you are coming from. These are worrying times. We need to stop and think. We can't make rash decisions based on the last few days. We need to appoint a manager who will lead us for years to come. Yes, that means taking us up to 3rd place and then second. Ultimate we need to get past Celtic. That needs to be soon. It has to be before they get ten in a row and certainly before they get to 55. We must stop them getting to 10/ 55 at all costs, even if that means every bear in the country mortgaging their homes to get a better team on the park.

I disagree. Pedro left us in a better shape despite the fact he had to go.

The recruitment was ok and I feel a better manager would firstly get a lot More out of the current players. But also might have made the signatures Pedro apparently refused (Naismith) and would improve the team again.

If we want to be the second best team in the country for a transitional period and build from there. Mcinnes is the man imo.
Have to disagree. When he left, the playing squad was no better and he’d spent our entire, albeit meagre, transfer budget to achieve just that. We’re now seeing just how bad his recruitment was.

You've more or less just said McInnes is the right fit and then said he's not the answer so I don't see this logic you speak of.

McInnes has a few quid more if not less than another 4 or 5 teams in the league.
A lot less than Rangers and has been running away with second for years.

So you want us to get someone in who can get us second before we then look to push on from there.
But the right man to do that isn't the man who has done it for 4 years with an ever changing team and a fraction of the budget?

Have to disagree. When he left, the playing squad was no better and he’d spent our entire, albeit meagre, transfer budget to achieve just that. We’re now seeing just how bad his recruitment was.

Alves and cardossa > wilson and Kiernan
Jack and Dorrans > holt and hyndman
Morelos > waghorn/Gardner
Candieas > McKay (technically it’s a mis match the other way but McKay has the heart of a butterfly).

Given the spine of the team dramatically improved I cannot see any cohesive arguement that says Pedro left a bigger mess than he inherited.

We need a manager who can get respect from this team and get it ticking over to regain a push for second. Someone who can work with the DoF to sign a couple of decent players in January and line up worthy Bosmans in the Summer for a positive assault next season.

Preferably someone who knows the British game, speaks perfect English and is currently out of work so wouldn’t be too expensive.

A hard man who could have an immediate impact but also has a record of good finds and performing well over a number of seasons.

Step up, Martin Jol.

your actually on the sight track any Decent !!! manager given 7-8 million should easily assemble a team that not only can achieve 2nd but beats the rest in the SPL then the league comes down to 4 OF games

By which time the mentally challengeds will have strengthened again, in order to protect their stranglehold on the CL money - therefore if we can't unseat them, nothing changes.

I think a lot of our support are blind to the fact that no matter what manager we get in it won’t matter , it’s a huge injection of cash we need.

Until that happens we will be drowning in a flood of mediocrity

I think a lot of our support are blind to the fact that no matter what manager we get in it won’t matter , it’s a huge injection of cash we need.

We just gave a guy the board trusted 9 million quid and got beating from the bottle team in the league deservedly. We need stability and to build slowly brick by brick player by player with a manager who knows the club. Forget Celtic just now and rebuild our team and club and take things from a starting point. Just now we are obsessed with Celtic and it’s counterproductive.

I don’t think you’ll get shot down for that opinion. A manager who leaves us in better shape than when he joined would be a start. Since 2012 every one has failed.

That is just nonsense, Warburton left us in a far better place than the sh!te he inherited. Don't let Murty's incompetence cloud the fact we had improved under Pedro from Warburton.

Pedro had a split in the dressing room because some old heads didn't like his approach. There is a clear division in the squad despite what they say from within.

Murty has never had the dressing room to lose. Alves may not have refused to be a sub against Hamilton but he is not going to break sweat for Murty. Hardly a player has given any where near their all in the last 2 games, probably excuse McCrorie from that. He has taken sore ones both games and soldiered on. No one else in that squad would have.

We just gave a guy the board trusted 9 million quid and got beating from the bottle team in the league deservedly. We need stability and to build slowly brick by brick player by player with a manager who knows the club. Forget Celtic just now and rebuild our team and club and take things from a starting point. Just now we are obsessed with Celtic and it’s counterproductive.

Can you translate that into English please.

That is just nonsense, Warburton left us in a far better place than the sh!te he inherited. Don't let Murty's incompetence cloud the fact we had improved under Pedro from Warburton.

Pedro had a split in the dressing room because some old heads didn't like his approach. There is a clear division in the squad despite what they say from within.

Murty has never had the dressing room to lose. Alves may not have refused to be a sub against Hamilton but he is not going to break sweat for Murty. Hardly a player has given any where near their all in the last 2 games, probably excuse McCrorie from that. He has taken sore ones both games and soldiered on. No one else in that squad would have.
I'll accept that when Warburton left we had gone from being a shambles to not very good. But he failed to take the playing squad to an acceptable level given the time and resources at his disposal. Pedro failed on every level. Murty feels like McDowell all over again.

We go to Utrecht and tell ten Hag that Rangers are his.

Just my opinion, spent weeks thinking about it and if not him, someone like him.

He's on the rise for the last 5 years as manager and we need to be on the up.

He's ambitious, aggressive, has stature, tactically astute, instantly improves his team, wants a big club and trophies with it.

Sold £9 million of talent replacing it with £1 million worth and took the team up a place and competed in the europa qualifiers.

This is the appointment for me.

Go get him and give him whatever control he wants, fu(k knows we need guiding in so many areas and he has the knowledge.

Back to basics; Pulis or Pardew.

Even McInnes wins football matches in this shit league.

If we had acted properly then we could have been sitting three behind this morning.

Correct.

The only thing that will quicken the period it takes to become a title contender is cash. A good manager will close the gap but there will still be a gap. It'll take years of slowly closing the gap for Rangers to be genuine title contenders.

Celtic are the proverbial country mile ahead. The gap is as big as it was between Rangers and Celtic during the 90s.

Thats true mate but where is the cash coming from.

Candieas > McKay (technically it’s a mis match the other way but McKay has the heart of a butterfly).

Given the spine of the team dramatically improved I cannot see any cohesive arguement that says Pedro left a bigger mess than he inherited.

Look at our overall results! Look at our results under Pedro. There’s no hiding from that stat..... we’ve not improved!

Perhaps a different type of player with a different type of CV but it’s the same pïsh outcome on the pitch.

£7-8m to be in the same state is shocking. Even if we had marginally improved.... a marginal improvement for £7-8m is equally shocking.

To be fair, with the £7-8m we’ve spent.... we have closed the gap............... on Aberdeen!!!!

I disagree but respect where you are coming from. These are worrying times. We need to stop and think. We can't make rash decisions based on the last few days. We need to appoint a manager who will lead us for years to come. Yes, that means taking us up to 3rd place and then second. Ultimate we need to get past Celtic. That needs to be soon. It has to be before they get ten in a row and certainly before they get to 55. We must stop them getting to 10/ 55 at all costs, even if that means every bear in the country mortgaging their homes to get a better team on the park.
Don’t you think for the next couple of years McInnes or McLeish would do that though? Everyone says don’t make a knee jerk reaction and I understand that but the next couple of year is the future, people have to remember that.

Why did he get the sack then.

We should secure the best possible manager for this maginificent opportunity to take a sleeping giant forward under whatever financial constraints the Board may have.

We actually may end up with McInnes but I would be annoyed if we aren't approaching this in a top down manner. Perhaps we are and that is what is taking the time.

In a nutshell.

No matter who we eventually get in, without massive investment he will ultimately fail.

I'm not sure I follow the logic . I don't see the point in appointing someone who will achieve second . I'd prefer we identify someone who we believe could possibly have us challenging with two seasons .

One such man is preud'homme . A record of turning clubs around .

I'd like to see him come in , end Celtics ten in a row quest sharpish .

The pressure would be lifted and then the club could look to appoint a manager for the longer term .

Alternatively , someone like graham potter .

Mcleish , mcinnes etc wouldn't be good enough and they would end up being replaced without ever achieving much imo

To be fair, Warburton improved us from Ally's mess. It's just that he chucked it when the pressure cranked up.

however the Boards CLEAR error has been appointing a 2nd string english manager and woeful qatari manager - said it on the other thread - No Eck, No McInnes - its requires a top notch name, nothing else.
Top notch names want top notch wages and a reasonable transfer kitty to work with also we have neither, unless the board are ready to announce an amazing deal we are stuck with the lesser option again.

The club is a mess and has been for the last 5 yrs which has allowed the poets to march on unopposed.The rest of the teams have always wanted to win 3rd place in years gone by and now it's 2nd place,that was their level.
There is one club holding back The Rangers and that is The Rangers,at this time the poets will run away with it again barring a miracle and the best we can get will be 2nd but we must fight on and that means getting the right man at the helm who will boot the balls of every single player and make them winning team again for the rest of this season before he builds his own squad.
If we are all honest we are still years away from winning the league at this very moment in time.

Back