I still reckon we're the best football side in the country

I totally agree, but like the lads on H&H said, being the best footballing side in the country even 12 times a season ain't going to win any silverware.

We’ve only shown it in flashes, suggest you have a look at the league table again. Lack of consistency and a winning mentality has put us where we are.

There was plenty of threads on here moaning about our play and way we were winning games in the first half of the season despite the results.

I totally agree, but like the lads on H&H said, being the best footballing side in the country even 12 times a season ain't going to win any silverware.

Of course, the League table doesn't lie, but the Peasants are not a very watchable side. Long balls to Edward seems to be par for the course. They get the job done quickly, which is their main asset, but they are not a good or attractive side on any level.

Of course, the League table doesn't lie, but the Peasants are not a very watchable side. Long balls to Edward seems to be par for the course. They get the job done quickly, which is their main asset, but they are not a good or attractive side on any level.
I’m going to be honest here they don’t play long ball football anytime I watch them. Infact I would say we lump it up to morelos more than they do to edouard.

On our day yes but not playing great and winning is far more effective!

How often do you watch them? Now I don't watch them often but any team who are battering 3/4 and 5 past teams we struggle to score 1 or 2 against suggest they are better than you think.

And as for the bit in bold, that's what we should be doing. Turning up at these shitehole grounds, show no respect and batter early goals in then get down the road.

How often do you watch them? Now I don't watch them often but any team who are battering 3/4 and 5 past teams we struggle to score 1 or 2 against suggest they are better than you think.

And as for the bit in bold, that's what we should be doing. Turning up at these shitehole grounds, show no respect and batter early goals in then get down the road.

There are numerous variables at play if you ever watch them. They are very route one from the off and physical, which is given much leeway by the officials. The opposition know more or less if they lose an early goal then they aren't coming back. They have a system which they stick to which obviously works for them, but my OP was more about style of football than anything else. They are not a good footballing side to watch, even when they're winning. Yes, we can say the same about us right now as we've collapsed, but it wasn't really the original point.

The mentally challengeds are hammering teams left right and centre. They can’t be doing that by being shite or unattractive to watch. The sad truth is we aren’t

We beat them once and this is taken for evidence that despite the league table, and 2 prior losses to this season, that we are the better team. Going by that logic Kilmarnock are a better team than us.

A Scottish Cup win and a place in the last 16 0f Europe would go a long way to back that up. Ripping it up and starting all over AGAIN isn't a viable option

We beat them once and this is taken for evidence that despite the league table, and 2 prior losses to this season, that we are the better team. Going by that logic Kilmarnock are a better team than us.
They are (when they play us) that's kind of his point regards one off games

If the ref and officials did their job properly at Rugby Park and elsewhere this season, we might be saying something different. But that's for another thread.

They are (when they play us) that's kind of his point regards one off games

We've had 3 one off games against them and lost two of them. One of them they were down to 10 men for most of the 2nd half and we still couldn't get a goal. Other way round and they run 4 in against us.

Yes another deluded thread of excuses and what ifs. Just what we need.

I don't want another thread either concerning refs or whatever, but they've also played their role in us being behind in the League. To deny that is utter delusion.

There are numerous variables at play if you ever watch them. They are very route one from the off and physical, which is given much leeway by the officials. The opposition know more or less if they lose an early goal then they aren't coming back. They have a system which they stick to which obviously works for them, but by OP was more about style of football than anything else. They are not a good footballing side to watch, even when they're winning.
How many to times have you seen our centre backs or Steven Davis just hit long balls forward towards Morelos? It genuinely happens about 10 times per game now that’s what you call route one football.

When we're in full flow, like before Christmas, and even at the Piggery in late December, we are a joy and pleasure to watch. We've played some exquisite and skilful stuff this season. Just a thought.

Please stop this! It's utterly delusional. The league table doesn't lie!

When we're in full flow, like before Christmas, and even at the Piggery in late December, we are a joy and pleasure to watch. We've played some exquisite and skilful stuff this season. Just a thought.

mate the leaguetable never lies

so utter dung I’m afraid

How many to times have you seen our centre backs or Steven Davis just hit long balls forward towards Morelos? It genuinely happens about 10 times per game now that’s what you call route one football.

Agreed, we do indulge in this now, more out of desperation than anything else, but my OP concerned the football we played before and just after Christmas.

I watched them play us off the park on several occasions Walters teams were never great footballing sides but knew how to win game’s.

They never. We gave as good as we got in those games.

I heard a lot of folk say that our league cup final defeat was "just like us in the 90's when Celtic used to play us aff the park and we would win". It's nonsense.

I heard a lot of folk say that our league cup final defeat was "just like us in the 90's when Celtic used to play us aff the park and we would win". It's nonsense.

Nah it’s not can I ask how many of these games you were actually at or watched live ?

It was a strange view by many that because as you said it’s utter bollocks

Back