'I want out': Former Rangers chief Sandy Easdale agrees to sell shares in club for £1.3 million

Probably very naive and I absolutely want them our the club, 100% they are a cancer. However, I don't think their intention at the very start was to %^*& us over. In the end they quite clearly got caught up in it and are as much to blame as any one else, but I don't think it was their initial intention. I just don't think they are clever enough to have thought it all through.

If it were true that the Spivs wanted to sell, would King not be better to buy now at twenty pence rather than buy outwith this process for much more?

Is that not pretty close to the current value?

Why buy from them at all? They will be diluted into even further insignificance with any funds benefitting the Club and not the Easedales or Blue Pitch.

Its amazing how many people thought and said that they would be good for the club.

Absolute scumbags and an embarrassment that either were ever shareholders, never mind sat on the board.

UlXfZlT.jpg

cZXX1GI.jpg

So they want out, do they? They should never have been involved with our club in the first place. I hope that they can be got rid of with the minimum of profit in their grubby hands for their part in the shafting of our club.

Yet they didn't want out when King approached them for their shares over 4 years ago. They sold our club down the river.

Just under 3% at one point.

Whether he’s been diluted at all, I’m not sure.

He’s not just a wee guy with some Penny shares for the kids though.

It’s a decent holding.
But Ally is a wee guy with penny shares for his kids. 1m shares at a penny sadly:(

Did he earn them? Ally and Green probably think so. For their mutual benefit, not RFC.

Surely the fans can buy the BPH and Easedale shares off them if that's the case? Would increase our influence at the club.
It would not and is a crazy idea. Why give money to our detractors? The Easdale holding is worthless to them and not a danger to RFC at all.

Our influence to the club needs to be increased by putting fresh money in. Wait for the next issue.

It would not and is a crazy idea. Why give money to our detractors? The Easdale holding is worthless to them and not a danger to RFC at all.

Our influence to the club needs to be increased by putting fresh money in. Wait for the next issue.

Offer to buy them at a discounted rate. Not the market value. They will still make money but not as much as they would under King's offer.

I want them cleansed from the club forever.

Offer to buy them at a discounted rate. Not the market value. They will still make money but not as much as they would under King's offer.

I want them cleansed from the club forever.
Utterly pointless, a penny going to the Easdales is a penny wasted. Wait for the next share issue and 100% of cash spent on shares goes to the club from the newly issued equity.

Surely the fans can buy the BPH and Easedale shares off them if that's the case? Would increase our influence at the club.
You're right. Normally Club 1872 could do a deal and take their shares under fan ownership. However, it depends on how much money Club 1872 have at their disposal right now. A new share issue is planned this year, and another issue next year. Club 1872 will likely embark on fund raisers to ensure they can afford to take their allocation in both of these issues. Because substantial sums of money are needed to invest in the new share issues it'll make funding large purchases off other shareholders far less likely this year or next.

Utterly pointless, a penny going to the Easdales is a penny wasted. Wait for the next share issue and 100% of cash spent on shares goes to the club from the newly issued equity.
It's not pointless. It's really a question of priorities and available funds. Increasing Club 1872's shareholding is of great benefit no matter if the shares bought are new or off other shareholders.

It's not pointless. It's really a question of priorities and available funds. Increasing Club 1872's shareholding is of great benefit no matter if the shares bought are new or off other shareholders.

I contribute to club1872 and so do a lot of my family and friends, the ones I’ve spoken too don’t want any of our money going to these 2 shysters.

King can keep diluting them at future share issues that’s the way I want to see it playing out.

Have to agree with people saying the shares these spivs hold are irrelevant as they have no voting rights and the holding will be further diluted in the future. On the other hand I would like them to have no connection to our club whatsoever. But who would buy them out? Such money could be directly invested in Rangers via a new shares issue rather than going into the spivs’ pockets.

I contribute to club1872 and so do a lot of my family and friends, the ones I’ve spoken too don’t want any of our money going to these 2 shysters.

King can keep diluting them at future share issues that’s the way I want to see it playing out.
I think it's pretty unlikely Club 1872 will buy Easdale's shares this year or next. However, from 2021 there is a possibility. If DK's offer doesn't become acceptable I can't see Easdale having found a buyer for them before then, unless maybe one of our other directors/investors wants to buy him out.

Its better that they get their shares diluted that way any future share issues the money will go into the club.
I hope these two Greenock idiots lose their money.

Reads like a planted story to whip up interest in his shares.
Hopefully they will end up like the rest of the punters who swamped the share issue from Charles Green, then watched the money raised vanish into thin air, as well as their share value. At least these two got some free tickets for theirs.

Get this out the road, and dilute their shares further until they are insignificant.

Its pointless. There will be future share issues where C1872 can buy more shares.
Who do you prefer gets the money? Spivs or Rangers?

Its pointless. There will be future share issues where C1872 can buy more shares.
Who do you prefer gets the money? Spivs or Rangers?

"Follow Rangers" recently advertised that they bought shares (no details on how many) - perhaps Mr Easedale should contact them.

Always nice to see one of Sandy's buses in trouble. This happened earlier today.

Hope it doesn't accidentally go on fire.

Yeah Sandy - just think of the number of hairdressing salons you could buy for £1.3M

You could afford to open one on every street corner in Greenock -

That way you could always just nip in & get a tidy-up (well nearly) or a syrup re-fit - when you're having a bad hair day (which is probably every day I suppose)

All they need to do is sell their shares in small amounts, and they will get money for them

Very unlikely they would sell in that way,that's like having your house up for sale and a hundred people wanting to walk through and make offers as opposed to one buyer offering what you are willing to accept and close the deal.

It's about share ownership. I care who owns them.
You'd be sacrificing significant amounts of new cash for the club to help rebuild in order to satisfy sentiment, and sentiment alone. Cutting off one's nose, etc.

Can punter desist from making unfounded allegations.

All it does is get your posts chopped.

Most of them are juvenile and unfunny.

You'd be sacrificing significant amounts of new cash for the club to help rebuild in order to satisfy sentiment, and sentiment alone. Cutting off one's nose, etc.
After I replied to one of your posts stating share purchase decisions are based on priorities and available funds how do you arrive at this conclusion?

From the offer document Ally has 1,092988 (0.8%) & Club 1872 have 13,372,254 (9.2%) and are amongst the 38. 3% that have agreed not to take part in the offer.

T

Yeah that rings more of a bell now, was definitely their voting rights at the AGM they lost so don't think there would be any issue with them selling.
They won't be able to sell either now as club went through process to have them excluded for voting rights they will need to prove who the beneficial owners are before any transactions can take place.

In cases like that they either prove who they are or the shares just sit their under current regulations the new regulations due in are tighter than now

After I replied to one of your posts stating share purchase decisions are based on priorities and available funds how do you arrive at this conclusion?
Its up to C1872 on how they prioritise the situation between their stated goals of overall increased shareholding and acting as a funding vehicle for the club via share issues. I've been donating to them since its inception (and the RST before the merge) and I fully support the goal of increased, substantial fan ownership. Having said that, removing the Easdales from the equation is (by no sensible examination) worth any value to Rangers in our present situation. They are not a danger and do not represent the malign continuing influence Mike Ashley did when C1872 bought half his holding. Currently we desperately need funds to bridge the gap between us and Celtic and giving money to the Easdales rather than direct to Rangers would be, IMO, madness. I care about what happens to the cash raised by C1872 and the thought of giving any to these two rancid little snakes when it could instead go straight to the club and potentially fund a player is (to be kind) unpalatable.

Its up to C1872 on how they prioritise the situation between their stated goals of overall increased shareholding and acting as a funding vehicle for the club via share issues. I've been donating to them since its inception (and the RST before the merge) and I fully support the goal of increased, substantial fan ownership. Having said that, removing the Easdales from the equation is (by no sensible examination) worth any value to Rangers in our present situation. They are not a danger and do not represent the malign continuing influence Mike Ashley did when C1872 bought half his holding. Currently we desperately need funds to bridge the gap between us and Celtic and giving money to the Easdales rather than direct to Rangers would be, IMO, madness. I care about what happens to the cash raised by C1872 and the thought of giving any to these two rancid little snakes when it could instead go straight to the club and potentially fund a player is (to be kind) unpalatable.
I've already agreed with other posters I think it's unlikely Club 1872 will make any substantial share purchases from other shareholders until after new share issues this year and next.
After both share issues Club 1872 will likely still own around 9.5%. The long term goal is Club 1872 own 25% of Rangers shares. A new share purchase strategy will likely be implemented from 2021 to achieve the figure. Hoovering up shares from Easdale, BPH etc is a reality of reaching fans ultimate share ownership goal.

I may be way off beam here, but considering what happened us in the recent past and virtually out of the blue, I have a concern for the future.
It's not possible to know where all our shares end up say in 20, 30 or 40 years time.
I would hate to envisage a situation where a very tight vote for whatever reason is decided by the owners of these shares. Currently they can't vote but who knows what the future brings.
The current short term answer is to tell them to do one, and it's hard to disagree, but I would be happier in the long term that these shares were in the hands of people who have the Club's interests at heart. Club1872 is the obvious one.
Happy to be shot down as over cautious, but would hate to think that in 30 years time bears are sitting on FF (Mark 20), moaning about what we left them as a legacy in 2019.
I'd be equally as happy if DK gave me the job to personally go tell the ex-con to take a hike.

I may be way off beam here, but considering what happened us in the recent past and virtually out of the blue, I have a concern for the future.
It's not possible to know where all our shares end up say in 20, 30 or 40 years time.
I would hate to envisage a situation where a very tight vote for whatever reason is decided by the owners of these shares. Currently they can't vote but who knows what the future brings.
The current short term answer is to tell them to do one, and it's hard to disagree, but I would be happier in the long term that these shares were in the hands of people who have the Club's interests at heart. Club1872 is the obvious one.
Happy to be shot down as over cautious, but would hate to think that in 30 years time bears are sitting on FF (Mark 20), moaning about what we left them as a legacy in 2019.
I'd be equally as happy if DK gave me the job to personally go tell the ex-con to take a hike.

There would be a big queue for that job mate!

W.A.T.P.

Back