'I want out': Former Rangers chief Sandy Easdale agrees to sell shares in club for £1.3 million

In fairness mate, and whilst I’m a great believer in Club1872, I think we all recognise that achieving a shareholding if 25% is a huge ask. Realistically, if the target is ever to be achieved, I’d say it was at least a decade - and probably longer - away.

That’s not a criticism, for me it has always been recognised as a long-term goal. We shouldn’t be disappointed by that.

TBF, we got to 10%+ quite quickly.

TBF, we got to 10%+ quite quickly.

I’m not only a fan of C1872, I contribute £18.72 each month. And yes we did get to 10% quite quickly. But I don’t expect to get close to 25% any time soon.

The numbers are against us. Based on today’s share capital we would need around 36m shares to have 25%. That’s 23m more than we have now. That’s nearly £5m at 20p a share. Over time that is doable, but time doesn’t stand still. We know there will be at least 2 more share issues in the next couple of years or so. King told us so. If each is around 60m shares, the last one was just less than that, then C1872 will need to buy another 12m shares just to stay at around 10%. That’s nearly £2.5m at 20p. If we wanted to get to 25% after the next 2 share issues then we would need 66m shares, nearly 53m more than we have now. That is over £10m at 20p. The amount increases greatly each time there is a new share issue.

I know I have made some assumptions for illustration purposes and they may not all be right. Also, I’m not criticising C1872, I’m a fan. But getting from 9.5% of today’s number of shares to 25% of a much higher number of shares will need a helluva lot more contributors than we have now. We must be realistic in our expectations.

I’m not only a fan of C1872, I contribute £18.72 each month. And yes we did get to 10% quite quickly. But I don’t expect to get close to 25% any time soon.

The numbers are against us. Based on today’s share capital we would need around 36m shares to have 25%. That’s 23m more than we have now. That’s nearly £5m at 20p a share. Over time that is doable, but time doesn’t stand still. We know there will be at least 2 more share issues in the next couple of years or so. King told us so. If each is around 60m shares, the last one was just less than that, then C1872 will need to buy another 12m shares just to stay at around 10%. That’s nearly £2.5m at 20p. If we wanted to get to 25% after the next 2 share issues then we would need 66m shares, nearly 53m more than we have now. That is over £10m at 20p. The amount increases greatly each time there is a new share issue.

I know I have made some assumptions for illustration purposes and they may not all be right. Also, I’m not criticising C1872, I’m a fan. But getting from 9.5% of today’s number of shares to 25% of a much higher number of shares will need a helluva lot more contributors than we have now. We must be realistic in our expectations.
I think my opinion on C1872 pretty much mirrors yours. I believe in the principle, donate monthly and would love to see meaningful fan ownership play its part in safeguarding the club against the sort of fraud and thieving and nonsense we've seen during most of this decade. I'm also realistic about the chances of that 25% target being met soon given membership numbers - I think for the next few years C1872 will be doing very well to maintain its current shareholding amount and if we do that while providing cash to the club for newly issued equity then I'm pretty happy overall.

If you werent sure what to do about King’s offer, Sandy’s intention to sell should help make your mind up. As the lovely Jackie Wright and friends sang - Just Say No

When Dave King came looking for your help to save the club from crooks like Ashley, Green and the rest of those rogues back in 2014 Mr Easdale, you did not want to know. The message from all genuine Bears to you, Blue Pitch Holdings and the rest of them tonight is, "Shove your shares right up your arse"!

I think my opinion on C1872 pretty much mirrors yours. I believe in the principle, donate monthly and would love to see meaningful fan ownership play its part in safeguarding the club against the sort of fraud and thieving and nonsense we've seen during most of this decade. I'm also realistic about the chances of that 25% target being met soon given membership numbers - I think for the next few years C1872 will be doing very well to maintain its current shareholding amount and if we do that while providing cash to the club for newly issued equity then I'm pretty happy overall.

Everything you've said is true. I think 25% is a pipe dream given the anticipated dilution of shareholding. Regardless, the larger shareholding that c1872 has, the better.

Everything you've said is true. I think 25% is a pipe dream given the anticipated dilution of shareholding. Regardless, the larger shareholding that c1872 has, the better.
I don't think its a pipe dream in the longer term, I certainly hope not anyway!

Back