I want Steven Gerrard to remain our Manager.

I'd rather a competent manager than a 'high profile'

He needs to start showing he can manage, make competent subs, change formations based on the opposition, find a settled defence.

quite frankly his domestic form is an utter embarrassment

Its March and he clearly still doesn't know his best 11. It's an absolute joke

He has shown very little of anything to suggest he has the qualities to bring 55. Look at the killie hibs and Aberdeen results

Wow? and who will come in and make a difference?

The trouble with boards like this is that it gives people with he haw knowledge to spout forth a load of tripe.

If he says black you will say white. He changed the team and made subs at half time but I guess that you, the guy that knows best, would have either made different changes or not changed anything.

Try looking at the big picture and not being a selfish brat.

In SG we trust he's had one season he needs time I know with the so called 10 tainted titles looming but hope he doesn't walk as he's still the man imo

Gerrard IS the man for the job. However I think we should probably start realising we're still quite a distance from the manks when it comes to consistency over a whole season. Unfortunately that might mean they could reach 10 in a row.

But we've without doubt improved this season - our run in europe, holding our own against the manks at the piggery and being unlucky to not get a point, spanking them at Ibrox, our defense isn't as shaky - yes it has problems but compare this season to last season goals against - this is all evidence of our improvements over the last few seasons. The points comparisons is silly because it's been a tougher league this year, and people saying it's only cause Celtic are shite are nonsense aswell because they're on par for an average amount of points for rangers/celtic pre administration - don't let their invincible season cloud your judgement - that's honestly a one in a lifetime opportunity.

He realises our flaws, next season we will reinforce heavily in midfield and no doubt attack with Morelos all but confirmed to go. If we see similar improvements to those ends of the fields as we have done in defence this year, I'll be happy - even if it doesn't necessarily mean we win the league. He will also have a full season experience under his belt and knows how teams play etc so that will help - though he is gonna need an answer for the Sheep, hibs and Killie because as of now they've got the better off him and it's quite embarrassing.

However if a few months into next season and it doesn't look like there's any improvements I'll start to question him but as of now I genuinely believe he's the man to deliver #55.

My main fault about Gerrard is his subs and the timing of them. I think he still has the player mindset where he doesn't want to take players off at times. The amount of games we've gone this season where we haven't used all 3 subs when we should have is too many, but I have faith he will learn on this.

Signed.
He is the man for the job no question, his standards are high and he gives us the biggest profile in this shitty little country.
He will sort this.
that sort of blind faith that is dangerous aa there is no substance to the claim that he is without doubt the man for the job. Anyone saying thamey have seen massive improvements or are happy with this season must be watching a different club.
Our domestic performance has been awful, we have a manager who is verging on not knowing what he is doing. Please explain how he is undoubtedly the one to take us forward

that sort of blind faith that is dangerous aa there is no substance to the claim that he is without doubt the man for the job. Anyone saying thamey have seen massive improvements or are happy with this season must be watching a different club.
Our domestic performance has been awful, we have a manager who is verging on not knowing what he is doing. Please explain how he is undoubtedly the one to take us forward
Europe
50 Goals against last season vs 22 so far
our performance against both games against the manks
10 losses last season vs 4 this season so far
individual improvements (halliday, morelos being the more notable ones)

Keep in mind this is all in a harder league (killie, and early season hearts & livingston). If Gerrard was manager last season I have no doubt the differences I listed above would be even wider.

How can you say there's not been massive (ok this is subjective, but for the sake of arguments) improvements? The points total doesn't tell a whole picture.

Europe

Keep in mind this is all in a harder league (killie, and early season hearts & livingston). If Gerrard was manager last season I have no doubt the differences I listed above would be even wider.

How can you say there's not been massive (ok this is subjective, but for the sake of arguments) improvements? The points total doesn't tell a whole picture.

Sorry but the ‘harder league’ chat is nonsense clutching at straws stuff.

Celtic, Hibs, Aberdeen and Hearts are all worse than they were last year. Killie are much of a muchness now they have Mulumbu back.

Livingston are in 8th place in the table. I know we lost to them but are we really using them as some kind of quality measuring stick here?

Too many folk assume hes gonna be a great manager, because he was a great player,I'm still 100% behind him, and desperate for him to bring success but i'm starting to have my doubts.

Sorry but the ‘harder league’ chat is nonsense clutching at straws stuff.

Celtic, Hibs, Aberdeen and Hearts are all worse than they were last year. Killie are much of a muchness now they have Mulumbu back.

Livingston are in 8th place in the table. I know we lost to them but are we really using them as some kind of quality measuring stick here?
Not sure i'd say hearts are worse off? at the split they had 11/13/9 wdl (46 points) last season, right now they're at 14/5/11 (47 points) with 3 games to go. It's not much of an improvement but they aren't worse off even if they lost the next 3 games. Their season was hampered by injuries and they're still slightly ahead of last season. If you want to compare 30 games vs 30 games then Hearts are 7 points ahead.

I said early season livingston, they were a genuine difficult game. Yes their form dropped off but still. The first half of this season was probably the best/most competitive it's been in quite some time which is my point.

6th place has 45 points after 30 games, last season 6th place had 40 points. To say the league hasn't been harder this season is nonsense imo

The truth is whether we like it or not we are stuck with him.We have used up all our wriggle room over the past 3 years .He was a PR appoIntment at a time when we could not afford another mistake.i hope and pray he can turn it round but I just can't see it

Frankly, anyone who thinks another change of manager is a good idea, needs their head looked at. Gerrard has exactly the mentality we need. Sadly, too many of the players don't. Finding the right players with the right mentality and the required ability, all within a tight budget, will take a bit of time. Halliday for example, probably has the mentality, but not the ability. Barisic has the ability, but the mentality is questionable. Gerrard will get the balance right I'm sure. In time.

Europe

But the points total has to tell the story, its a results game, everything else matters for nothing if we are not getting the results

What are the alternatives - big Sam Allardyce? Allardyce would get the defense sorted out, insist on lots of set-piece drills - long balls into the box etc. We probably would be much harder to beat and have more points on the board. But between Allardyce's typical tactics and those employed by the likes of Killie. Aberdeen, Motherwell and so on, any SPL game involving Rangers would all but guarantee a pretty urgid affair.

Europe

The points total tells the whole picture.

anyone saying gerrard out or is on a shoogly peg - look at season 06/07, the return of our beloved Sir Walter Smith

Gerrard is most definitely the man to take us forward

I want him to remain. He's the first manager since Smith to make us even look like the Rangers we all want. I think the 14 high intensity games in Europe up to December have taken their toll and the players just can't deliver the same level of sharpness that we saw first half of the season. Definitely things to be addressed in terms of personnel and formation but I'm keeping the faith!

He needs to learn. That's all we want. Currently all we see is the same shite on a regular basis with no attempt to change things.

Tough games are coming up against them. If he doesn't get it right and we have a repeat of last season's scenario then he's going to be in major trouble with the fans.

A little versatility would help.

If we are humiliated, and a continuation of these performances will cause that, he will need to leave.

I struggle to understand how the entire team manage to have an off day on the same day so regularly? We could cope with two or three under performing by using subs. Have the players lost confidence in him? Many of these players have history for this and need to leave asap.

Back